1. nonosto

nonosto Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    hello a very noob question. Any chance to use the same HDD for vwii and Wiiu games? For example make two partition with one masked for vwii and other for wiiu run?
    THX

2. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Last I remember the Wii U formats the HDD to a proprietary format that can not be read by other computers, so you're not able to use the drive with multiple partitions.

3. NipRing

NipRing Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi, i'm carefully following the instructions for hacking my wii U. I'm at the point of the sigpatched CFW right now. I did the Method #1 and setup HaxChi to autoboot to system menu by altering the file in the folder SD:\HaxChi\config.txt. But is it still possible to follow the Method #3 CBHC install now? I didnt read anything explicitly saying not to, but that doesn't mean its ok to either. I was reading the WiiU Brick list and it seams like this is something that could happen here. Can anyone chime in on this?
    thanks

4. yellowsnow4free

Newcomer

United States
    Hey everyone!

So I finished following this guide and everything went well. My Wii U is set up with CBHC and I've already tested running Wii U games and DLC from my USB HDD.

Coming from a modded Wii, I'd like to be able to play Wii and GameCube games on my Wii U as well. I believe this requires me to mod the vWii, but I'm a little lost on where to start following this guide.

Another couple questions:

1) Once I have the vWii modded, can I use my external HDD from my Wii (it is powered by the USB) to play Wii and GameCube games?

2) On my modded Wii I think I set up emuNAND to install VC games; I won't have to do that again for the Wii U since it still has VC capabilities, right? I'd still like to run VC games but idk what the best method is on the Wii U.

Thanks!

5. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

France
    Hello,

For Wii U vwii mode ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/
    maybe it will work or not, maybe you will need a Y cable, for a better connection

now you know that it is possible to play wii, Gamecube and Wii u games on the same hard drive (Wii U format) ??

Last edited by jeannotte, May 11, 2020
  6. yellowsnow4free

Newcomer

United States
    Really? When I checked before I kept reading that it wasn't possible. Where can I find more info on this? Thanks!

Last edited by yellowsnow4free, May 12, 2020
  7. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

France
  8. yellowsnow4free

Newcomer

United States
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Community, [Guide], hacking