1. ArcMore

ArcMore Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Fastest fix ever! I know I set it to Autoboot: System Menu but ... it was set to Autoboot: Homebrew channel (or something similar). I changed it as you suggested and rebooted without the SD card, booted right up! Thanks so much! :)

alexander1970 likes this.
  2. ArcMore

ArcMore Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I spoke a little too soon - this is really strange but after every few boots my CBHC Autoboot changes from System Menu to Homebrew. This happens without anyone touching the remotes as it's booting up and when that SD card is gone we get the "-3" message until I get the SD card and put it back in, switch Autoboot back to System Menu and boot up to System Menu.

I'm probably done with needing to go into Homebrew menu for a long time - Finally finished installing a bunch of games for the kids and they are loving life in quarantine. :D How can I remove the coldboot option so it always boots directly to System Menu from now on? I would like to still go back to Homebrew if I ever needed it down the road ... is this possible to do?

I'm so nervous I'll brick it... feels like I'm working with a piece of dynamite. :D

Thanks for the help!

3. alexander1970

alexander1970 Wuff Wuff.

Austria
    Hello.:)

I am sorry to hear this Issue is still there...

It is maybe really the SD Card or also can be the SD Slot on the Wii U (I do not really think so.You maybe should have experienced Troubles when you installed the Games from SD Card to your USB HDD).
    May I ask how big and which Type (Regular or microSD) the SD Card is please ?
    Cards above 256 GB maybe takes too long to initalize because these big SD Cars are "slow" on "Reaction/Initialization".
    So this can maybe explain your Failure every few Boots.:unsure:
    You can try it on your PC: smaller SD Cards responing quicker as > 256 GB Cards.But it depends of Course of the Brand and Type.

It is not really necessary to completely Remove your Mod.:)
    If you really like:
    https://wiiu.hacks.guide/uninstall-cfw

Good Luck and
    Thank you.:)

4. Arlindo do Amaral

Newcomer

Brazil
    Hi.

Last time I use this forum is to Hack my old white Wii. Keep on the good work.

Times pass and I have several New questions about WiiU hacking,

The Situation (Briefly explained):
    Won a WiiU US NTSC Black from a Friend, 3 Years ago. At the Time, just Hack the vWii using an guide from this forum with the Batman Lego save/hack; Use an 2gb SD card plus flash drive (8gb) to put the games; Access games through homebrew lancher on vWii. Messy, but works.

What I intend to do:
    Hack the WiiU to play games from USB external HDD (with proper power source). No use for homebrew apps, only the necessary to make this works. Probably some online play and emulators, but only if it don't be much work.

My hardware to do that are: External HDD 500gb, flashdrive 64gb and SD 32gb card, all laying around my house.

My NOOB doubts:
    Can I follow the guide, since my WiiU is 5.54 version? the links for the files are new versions that I could use?

I never block the WiiU updates, must do it before or after the hack?

Since my vWii hacks are in the 2gb card, jut copy all files to the 32gb will work? it will be a problem with the Wiiu Hacking?

Already read somewhere cannot mix WiiU and vWii games in the same HDD. using the 64gb flashdrive to vWii games in one port and external HDD for the WiiU games only. It make sense?

In have Zelda breath of the wind installed (e-shop). could I loose it or it became non playable?

I have to buy DS Game Brain Age to make the WiiU hack (that´s not a problem!) ? I´m confused about the Mocha hack.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the terrible English.

5. Tamblyn

Tamblyn Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    I need help home brewing my Wii U. Got a "verify wup files are correct and complete. dlc/eshop require sig patch" error while installing Homebrew launcher. Help...? I was using this: wiiu.hacks.guide/homebrew-launcher-(channel)

6. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

France
    Hello,

@ Arlindo do Amaral:

Follow this guide and make the simple installation of Haxchi ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-community-noob-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.451297/

then you can put the DNS there to block updates.

Regarding the external hard drive, you can put wii u games and Wii games on the same external hard drive.

For wii games ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/

You can make several solutions for your games ==>
    1) wii u games on external hard drive (format in wii u format)
    , wii game on SD (large capacity)
    2) wii u games on hard drive (format in wii u format), wii game on hard drive fat32
    3) wii u game and wii game on the same external hard drive (format in wii u format)

I will be ready for the third solution^_^:yayu:

this is only an indication:D:wink:

@ Tamblyn

use "signpatcher" ==>https://github.com/dimok789/sign_patcher/releases/tag/v0.1

Last edited by jeannotte, Apr 6, 2020
  7. Slowking

Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    The first post talks about 5.5.3 being save, but from what I can see the latest firmware is 5.5.4. Is that still hackable? I'm planning on buying a wiiu and am curious if I have to make sure it has a lower firmware version.

jeannotte likes this.
  8. jeannotte

France
    Last edited by jeannotte, Apr 10, 2020
  9. Slowking

Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Thank you. The https://wiiu.hacks.guide/ site is very helpfull. Though I had to remove the fr-part because I don't speak french. :D

alexander1970 and jeannotte like this.
  10. blinky87

blinky87 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I am following the guide at https://switch.homebrew.guide/wiiu/browserexp

I have prepped the sd card with the Kosmos files from https://github.com/AtlasNX/WiiU-Kosmos/releases

I launched the web exploit from http://u.wiidb.de

This worked and I got to the homebrew launcher. I ran Mocha CFW and got back to the launcher.

I ran Nand Dumper and this is where I get problems. I selected the items to dump and pressed 'A'.

This puts me immediately back to the Wii U menu. Nothing gets written to the SD card and I have to power cycle.

So what am I doing wrong?

Turns out running Mocha or Haxchi first is what caused the problem. I guess you can't run cfw first and then dump the nand. So I pressed A when launching Haxchi to go directly to hbl, then nand dumper works fine.

Last edited by blinky87, Apr 16, 2020
  11. Arlindo do Amaral

Newcomer

Brazil
    Hi.

Still in the process of hacking my WiiU. Of course, more doubts...

@jeannotte , thank in advance, love the idea of injecting the Wii games on a WiiU USB disk.
    Intend to do it at the end, seems very easy after the app you pointed. but probabily I´ll have doubts,,,

I already had Hacked my vWii and put the Homebrew Channel and ADD/Change some others CIOS and IOS and Syscheck in my vWii. It Will cause some trouble ahead? If it can cause trouble, there's a way of reverting my vWii to original State?

I download all necessary files and put on a SD and the files I had for my vWii, seems strange the apps and boot Directories in the SD at the end. there´s a way to check it?

Thanks

jeannotte and alexander1970 like this.
  12. jeannotte

France
    Hello,

it does not interfere in any way with your vwii mode. You can always do a syscheck, and see what is wrong with vwii mode.

On your SD card, you must correctly place your files, for vwii mode, and also for wii U mode.

In tutorials in general, it explains more or less how to put your homebrew, emulators ...... on your SD

13. TotorRuns

TotorRuns Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Is there a possibility to get the HBC in vWii (I softmodded the vWii with WUPHax) stretched to 16:9? When yes, how?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

U ran before Mocha CFW and NOT Mocha CFW USB before launching WUP installer

Last edited by TotorRuns, Apr 27, 2020
  14. Magnus87

Magnus87 GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    In a short time the Wii U eshop will be closed, how can we permanently hack the console without downloading a game from the store? :cry:

15. BaamAlex

BaamAlex I'm not a business man, i am the business, man!

Germany
    There is no way atm.

16. TotorRuns

TotorRuns Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Thats why I use Mocha CFW. And if there is a way than I will do as soon as possible a tutorial on yt

Last edited by TotorRuns, Apr 29, 2020
    Magnus87 likes this.
  17. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Question about modding a second Wii U for myself. Going the haxchi route, and using the same account on both Wii U's, can I download the same NDS game for both systems?

I already have a Black Wii U modded using the steps found in this guide, thank you!! I used the haxchi approach by downloading the compatible NDS game Kirby Mass Attack from the eShop.

When I mod my second White Wii U I figured I'd use the same user account. Can I just download the same NDS game Kirby Mass Attack from the eShop to my 2nd Wii U (whether I have to pay for it again or not doesn't matter to me) and use it for the mod or would this cause some issue and I need to select a different NDS game to do this?

18. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    No.

Warning: Take this serious, please. Don't even try. Once you link the account to another Wii U. The licenses for all the games in other Wii U would be deactivated thus brick your Wii U if you installed autoboot Haxchi/CBHC.

You need different accounts for different Wii U's if you want to install Haxchi and CBHC.

Last edited by tivu100, Apr 30, 2020
  19. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks for this information, I had no idea. I'll create a new account for the second Wii U.

20. Angelita Perez

Angelita Perez GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hello, this question will be too weird but here I go:

hacked wii u long ago, I have splatoon in loadiine but I can't see to find the free extra stages anywhere? why is that?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by Angelita Perez, May 4, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Community, [Guide], hacking