1. vree

vree GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Don't forget you need to run it like this:
    you have to run Haxchi once without holding down A in order to enable sig patching (it should return you to the home menu right after). Afterwards, you can boot to the homebrew channel and run WUP Installer with no issues.

alexander1970 likes this.
  2. zapzarap

zapzarap Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    yeah, i'm booting my wiiu with cbhc coldboot. i'cant install wups because sigpatch missing.
    I coldboot the wiiu haxchi to homemenu and THEN running haxchi from menu again (without any buttons pressed) > i can't install wups.
    i'm lost.

3. vree

vree GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Try installing to nand if you are trying usb. Or the inverse.

Also try to install a different wup. It might be a corrupt one.

I had a similar sigpatches error on my Switch. In the end the problem was the file I was trying to install.

4. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Utilisez "" sign patcher système ""

5. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    check your firmware in settings should say 99.99.99 when in cfw .follow the guide on page 1 delete cbhc and setup haxchi to boot in cfw by default (see page 1).maybe do a factory reset on wiiu and start from scrratch

6. zapzarap

zapzarap Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    atm it's on nand. no usb-drive attached. I've tried 4 different wups. i will uninstall again and install on usb fort test. but, it has to work on nand too!??

7. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    1. Obtain and install a game update to confirm that WUPInstaller is working properly. It doesn't even have to be for a game that you have. Updates don't require signature patching.
    2. Obtain and install a disk-based game (in wup/app format). Those also to not require signature patching.
    3. Once these are confirmed working, then you can try eshop games and DLC.
    In other words, solve one problem at a time.

8. phazer

phazer Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Antigua and Barbuda
    Hi all,

i just updated from 5.5.1 to 5.5.4. Then I followed this guide to install CBHC:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-community-noob-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.451297/

I successfully installed haxchi and now I tried to backup NAND using Wii U NAND Dumper. When I start the dump it results in error 160-0103.
    I can still boot the console and the homebrew channel still works. I must noticed that I dumped the NAND successfully in the past a few years ago.

9. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Hello,

disconnect all USB support, when you want to empty the Nand of your wii u.

10. phazer

phazer Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Antigua and Barbuda
    I don´t have any USB devices attached to the console. Meanwhile I am facing another problem. The console freezes after a few seconds in the Wii U Menu. I need to mention that I did not used the Wii U in the past years.

11. Salazar2805

Salazar2805 Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Good Morning, maybe someone understand me in german: Guten Morgen, ich habe Stunden damit verbracht JWudTool irgendwie zu begreifen und zwei wux bzw. wud Dateien in App zu konvertieren, leider erfolglos. Kann mir das irgendjemand in "einfacher Sprache" erklären, dass der Funken überspringt?
    In english: i tried for hours to understand JWudTool to convert a wux in app. Can Anyone explain it in a easy way. Thanks a lot guys

12. mugwort

mugwort Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi. New Noob with a question.
    I used usb helper to download Wii Sports Club game/update/dlc. I saved the game/update to USB from SD with WUP Installer GX2 through HaxChi. I could not save the DLC as it said it needed verification. If I try to play it from the Wii U menu, I get the game but the sports are all greyed out (I have DNS blocked, when DNS is unblocked, I get a 24 hour trial version with all sports unblocked). There was apparently an old way to do this with loadiine, but I've not found a way to do it with WUP Installer GX2 through HaxChi. Any ideas? Supposedly, using Wii U usb helper, I should get proper signed keys with the download and HaxChi, but have heard helper may not have them anymore.

Last edited by mugwort, Mar 9, 2020
  13. matrunix

matrunix Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    Hello.
    The post there isn't image below Visual hacking path you can choose.
    Can I have image please?

14. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    jeannotte likes this.
  15. yellowsnow4free

Newcomer

United States
    Hey everyone! I just wanted to thank Kafluke for this guide. I finally got around to working through it and I've done everything. I now have CBHC setup with HBL installed to my NAND as a channel and WUP Installer on my USB HDD.

Now I'd like to go back and clean up my SD card. I deleted the Haxchi stuff per this guide, and now that HBL and WUP Installer are installed on NAND / USB I've removed those too. Under wiiu / apps I just have appstore, cbhc, and ftpiiu_everywhere. However, in HBL it shows 2 appstores? I don't know if payload.elf can (or rather, should) be removed, but that is still there as well. But I'm mainly focusing on the apps as well as anything I no longer need.

I've attached a .zip file of my SD card. All the filenames are correct, but I've replaced them with empty files.

Thanks!

EDIT: I opened both appstore links. After opening one of them and updating the appstore, the duplicate has disappeared! So it seems like that issue has been resolved. Not sure if there's anything else on my SD I should remove though.

Attached Files:

Last edited by yellowsnow4free, Mar 31, 2020
  16. ManitoCC

ManitoCC Member
    Newcomer

Hello guys, i have a question about updating my wiiu.

I have a 5.5.1 (or 2) WiiU fully modded withc hatchi and CBHC cfw but i have a game (minecraft) that is asking for a firmware update.

Accidently i add a new wifi connection and a system update start to download, so in panic i deleted the new wifi connection before the update as time to finish the download.

Knowing that im on CBHC Cfw is it safe to update?

If not How to update my wiiu cfw?

Thanks
    Edit: Solved, just folowed this tutorial https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-5-5-3-update-breaking-coldboot-fix-eur-only.517351/

Last edited by ManitoCC, Mar 31, 2020
  17. ArcMore

ArcMore Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Super noob question:

Dad with a bunch of kids on lockdown so I late one night I followed all the steps on wiiu.hacks.guide the best I could (including cbhc). Seemed to go pretty well, I installed a few games which work great. But if I power up the Wii U without the SD card I end up with a black screen with a "-3" in the upper left-hand corner and no way to get out without pressing the power button for 5 seconds. I was panicking but after I put the SD card in it works, bringing up the homebrew page automatically.

Question 1: is that expected behavior? SD card must be in the Wii U to boot up normally?

Question 2: can I remove that coldboot feature since I'm done installing games (probably forever.. when they're tired of these games I'll save up for a switch)

Thanks!

18. alexander1970

alexander1970 Austrian Guy - allowed make grammatical Errors

Austria
    Hello.:)

No,this is not the expected Behavior.:D

The "-3" Message means your SD Card is not found.
    Please check the SD Card with an Tool if possible.
    https://www.heise.de/download/product/h2testw-50539

Can you maybe try another SD Card please to get sure the Wii U Slot has no Issue ?
    You can simply copy over the Content from one Card to the Other.

Yes,you can remove Coldboot Haxchi (if your really want to do this.)
    https://wiiu.hacks.guide/uninstall-cfw

Please consider,without a NAND Backup from your Wii U you can nothing more do if something goes wrong.

Good Luck.
    Thank you.:)

19. ArcMore

ArcMore Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi! Sorry if I was unclear, the -3 happens when I try rebooting without the SD card. With the SD card it boots fine, I just wasn't sure that was expected - so I should always keep the SD card in the Wii U, and if I want to be able to remove it so it boots without issue if the SD card one day gets corrupted (or removed and lost by a kiddo), I should remove coldboot, right?

Thanks for the quick reply!!

20. alexander1970

alexander1970 Austrian Guy - allowed make grammatical Errors

Austria

It is a little "strange" because the Wii U on Coldboot Haxchi should start without SD Card.:unsure:
    Please try this:

When you power on the Wii U after the "Nintendo" and "Wii U" Logo when the Screen gets Black press/hold the HOME Button on your Wii U Pad until the message "Entering Menu.." appears under CBHC v1.6 by FIX94 (xxxxxxxxxxx) Line.
    Please check "Autoboot:" is set to System Menu.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Community, [Guide], hacking