[Guide] Community noob guide to Wii U hacking

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by Kafluke, Nov 29, 2016.

1. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    cbhc will need reinstallation on eu update.,don't think haxchi alone will be affected.5.5.2 patched the browserhax but that's all

2. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    But I don't have CBHC, just have haxchi. R u sure that haxchi isn't patched in newer update?

Last edited by leon315, Aug 11, 2019
  3. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Since you have only Haxchi and not cold boot Haxchi installed, you can just update your console. Haxchi works on the latest Wii U firmware 5.5.4.

leon315 likes this.
  4. Vinícius

Vinícius Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2013
    Brazil
    Sete Lagoas
    Hi, I recently purchased a used Wii U. The former owner couldn't do the homebrew, so I thought it might be because he didn't know how to do it, but I ended up with the same problem as him: FSGETerror.
    I followed several tutorials over the internet, talked to several people on the Discord "Nintendo Homebrew" and nobody could tell me what was going on.
    At first I suspected it might be a defect in the SD reader, and so I bought a new piece to replace it and paid someone to do the service. Today, after the change, I am having the same problems.
    Assuming the reader was functional, even before the replacement, I think it might be a problem with the SD cards: I have a Toshiba original that came with the Nintendo 3DS and a MicroSD with two different 16gb adapters, both formatted in FAT32 (I already used the guiformat, panasonic formatter and the windows native).
    I've tried different files from different sites but I still have the error fsgetmountsource failed.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

5. kbmarinha

kbmarinha Life sucks...

May 21, 2009
    Brazil
    Hi, my wiiu have CBHC and it boots to rednand.
    Autoboot to mocha...
    How can I switch it to sysnand? I dont want to use rednand but im afraid to brick it.

6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    you can change that with the mocha config file. I think there's also a button press to enter into the configuration, but you can also do that with the config file. redNAND=0

7. Czn

Czn Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2019
    United States
    I am having a horrible issue with lag on the HDD with just the Wii U games.. The VC games I've added all run fine but all the Wii U games lag so bad the screen freezes for a few seconds and the graphics warp till it catches up to the next screen... is this a normal occurrence with hacking or is this a HDD issue? I used method 1 for CFW, only HaxChi and I am using the WUP Installer for usb loading. It all works fine despite terrible lag when actually playing a game.

Thanks in advance for any assistance on the matter. I will probably wipe the drive this afternoon to start over installing games 1 by 1 to test when I get home from work.

Last edited by Czn, Aug 14, 2019
  8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    something may be wrong with your hdd. that's not normal.

9. Czn

Czn Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2019
    United States
    Thanks for the quick reply, I will still reformat and test it later before buying a new one just to see and will update. Just incase anyone else might have this same issue in the future.

10. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    Do,you use a y-cable for your HDD.might be a Lack of power.or try a different cable if you have one

11. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Sounds like your hard drive is going into sleep mode. Have you disabled sleep using your hard drive manufacturer's utilities, and have you turned off sleep in Data Management (down,+, and -) ?

12. Czn

Czn Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2019
    United States
    Yes it is hooked up to a Y-cable, the drive works and loads... if it was not receiving enough power it would not turn on and just make a consistent clicking noise.

It's a much older HDD, Western Digital does not even sell mine anymore. Anyways I wiped the drive and did the same steps...same issue. Started over again and installed to the NAND and it works fine so I'm just gonna toss this drive out and get a newer model. Thanks!

13. PoiRan

PoiRan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2018
    Sweden
    Installed cbhc a while ago, all well, but now my kids want to customize their miis. The user settings open homebrew and exits to mii maker. Had to temporarily uninstall cbhc. Can i boot mocha or something from cbhc menu to access mii user settings?

Last edited by PoiRan, Aug 23, 2019
  14. pietdegeling

pietdegeling Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2019
    Netherlands
    Everything working..... i think. I don’t have a pc or laptop. All i have is WiiU and an Ipad pro. Oh, and a Samsung S9. But, no way for me to install/use Wii U USB Helper. What are good tools for the same functionality on or my Wii U or on my Ipad Pro (running IpadOS)? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

15. Gunstorm

Gunstorm Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Brazil
    Im alreadly use hachi over the Brain age but... I dont understand How can i use It to load mocha cfw at system boot

And... If i do It... Im bé able to use mocha fat32 sometimes(um using It to play some games from loadiine gx2 y(disabled tô download at USB helper) on same hdd as Wii wbfs games)?

Last edited by Gunstorm, Sep 11, 2019
  16. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    why use mocha cfw if you have haxchi just reconfigure the config.txt file of haxchi to boot to cfw when loading haxchi(see first page for details )or if you want auto loading on startup you have to use cbhc

17. Gunstorm

Gunstorm Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Brazil
    Just because um afraid tô use the cbhc on the past but now i Will bloclk updates to load It até boot by default

But sometimes i use mocha fat32 to play loadine games in hddfat32. And some times default mocha tô play games installed with wupinstaller .... If i use the cbhc um be able to still run mochafat32 sometimes?

18. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    i'me not really a mocha user i know you can set cbhc to autoboot mocha but it's not recommended.i just use haxchi cfw for everything .for wii and gc i use wiivc script injector(same hdd).

19. robco7

robco7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2017
    United States
    Does anyone here ever get error messages that freeze their Wii U when trying to install games on WUP Installer? I've had this problem for well over a year, not with every game I try to install, but probably almost half, with this sort of code appearing
    https://gbatemp.b-cdn.net/attachments/952019052595153504951897-jpg.170934

I was told it might be my external hard drive, but when I tried a USB stick I still got the same problem. I also have 2 different SD cards (same brand) neither of which are any better. Not only have I been unable to find a solution, but I've never even heard of anyone mention anything like this. Is my console just messed up somehow?

20. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    do you use usb download helper?.did you disabled sleep mode for usb(In the System Settings go to "Data Management". Once there do not click on the on-screen buttons but instead hold down on the GamePad's D-Pad and the "+" and "-" buttons for a couple of seconds. )

robco7 likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted