[Guide] Community noob guide to Wii U hacking

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by Kafluke, Nov 29, 2016.

1. MrLeche

MrLeche Member

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2006
    I followed these step but whenever I start Haxchi, I end up on the WiiU menu. I did CFW my haxchi by haxchi itself so I could install DLCs downloaded from USB Helper. Did I miss something? TIA

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    that's because the default is set to system menu with sig patches installed. that is normal.

MrLeche likes this.
  3. MrLeche

MrLeche Member

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2006
    Okay so two days ago after installing the Step 2 Haxchi I stopped and load USB Helper titles on my channel and I'm good to go. But when I couldn't load DLC on a title I started doing the Haxchi CFW step. (I figured its the least evasive, least brickable method in my noob opinion) so I thought I'd stop there but I guess I have to continue 'HBL as channel' and or 'WUP installer GX as channel' to continue future title installs. Thanks!

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    dlc requires cfw. games that don't are ones that came as retail, so eshop only stuff would require cfw.

5. MrLeche

MrLeche Member

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2006
    I successfully installed wup installer gx channel and HBL channel but whenever I launch them I was given 'error turn of wii u etc." And since Haxchi can't boot up because I re-installed it as CFW, now the only way to install DLC is by browserhax method to launch HBL and then launch wup installer gx inside hbl and install DLC titles (which I had success on one title so far). How do I get the two channels working? Thanks!

6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    if you overrode the legit ticket with a fake one, you're going to have to uninstall the game, then remove the ticket manually or else it will error instantly at installation from the eshop. don't know why this is but both the wii u and the 3ds do not remove unused tickets.

7. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    yes,same as 5.5.3 but it's 5.5.4

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

if you re-installed haxchi for cfw you still have to press the icon to launch cfw.you can check by looking in settings firmware will show 999999.if haxchi doesn't work you dit something wrong ,just re-install it.remember you still have to launch haxchi to launch howebrew,..... download homedrew channel v1.4 zip file ,i heard there's some problems with the new version

MrLeche likes this.
  8. Zaretul

Zaretul Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    United States
    Please help me. I accidentally deleted haxchi game. How can I restore my wiiu with NAND?

9. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    if you use cbhc you're out of luck,if u use haxchi just download the game again from the eshop(you can redownload for free if you use the same id) and reinstall haxci.
    with cbhc the only way is a hardmod i think

10. Zaretul

Zaretul Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    United States
    Thanks. For haxchi, can I boot direcly to vWii like CBHC? And I have problem with with vWii, I can not acess either the system menu or the homebrew launcher so basically I can not acess Wii at all. I think the reason is I messed up with wads of the wrong iOS, is there any way to unbrick the VWii?

11. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    You use cbhc and deleted haxchi game and have no brick ?if it was setup to start vwii on start that's the reason.i would first uninstall cbhc and check if you can Acces vwii.you can re-install game,haxchi,cbhc afterworths.if cbhc was setup to boot haxchi your Wii u was bricked so you're verry Lucky

12. Brottor

Brottor Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2018
    Spain
    My WiiU has the latest firmware (5.5.4). Can I hack It using this guide or I have to wait to some update?? Thank you so much!!!!

13. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
  14. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    you can follow this guide.
    5.5.2, 5.5.3 and 5.5.4 are identical.

6 months ago I rewrote entirely the chapters 1, 2, and "how to use haxchi" to work with 5.5.3, just follow everything and you'll be fine.
    I wanted to rewrite the chapters 3 and more, but didn't had time.
    the graphics also need an update, the steps are a little different now.

Last edited by Cyan, Jul 9, 2019
  15. Yuitsu

Yuitsu Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2014
    Châu Thành, Tiền Giang, Vietnam
    Can I change Mocha to Haxchi without losing my game in internal storage?

16. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Yes. Neither affects storage, as long as you aren't using RedNAND (you would/should know if you are)

Last edited by nexusmtz, Jul 10, 2019 - Reason: note on rednand
    Yuitsu likes this.
  17. WiiJeys2DS

WiiJeys2DS Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2019
    United States
    I get an error trying boot from browerhax into the homebrew launcher.

"FSGetMountSource failed. Please insert a FAT32 formatted sd card"

Thing is my sd card is inserted and formatted to fat32. I used guiformat and did it at both 32 and 64 clusters. I used two different sd cards and still the same error appears.
    I believe i have a wiiu with a faultly sd card slot but idk how to be sure. I know smash writes a folder to the sd card for snapshots but i dont have that game. How do i know if i have a faulty sd card slot?

It doenst work-i tryed mii maker to save an image of a mii and its asking for an sd card to be inserted even though its in there.

Last edited by WiiJeys2DS, Jul 10, 2019
  18. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium

19. Brottor

Brottor Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2018
    Spain
    Thank you both!! I followed this guide and everything works like a charm!

20. GATWYAY3.2

GATWYAY3.2 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 28, 2015
    United States
    Okay so im on 5.1 and thinking about going to the newest 5.3 since everyone saying its okay now, but my vWii is hacked would that be affected also i have rednand how would that be affected ? would it un-link both nands or stop working or do nothing its fine?

Last edited by GATWYAY3.2, Jul 15, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted