NULL

[Guide] Community noob guide to Wii U hacking

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by Kafluke, Nov 29, 2016.

1. LuigiSuperStarSaga

LuigiSuperStarSaga GBAtemp Regular

Feb 23, 2018
    Brazil
    Follow the guide and uninstall CBHC, then don't install CBHC justuse normal haxchi

2. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    Yes,you need to be in cfw so cbhc is ok.you can also setup haxchi to start in cfw.to check if you go into Settings firmware(right upper corner) wil show 99.99.99 when in cfw

Last edited by hemi426, Jun 9, 2019
  3. LuigiSuperStarSaga

Feb 23, 2018
    Brazil
    Cbhc is dangerous. use normal haxchi

4. jaladhjin

jaladhjin Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2014
    United States
    I mostly understand but at the end you say only GC, nes, SNES, Wii made for VC will work using usbhelper.

Does usbhelper tell me if it is VC or Nintendont ?

Or how would I know?

Seems easier to just use injector maybe I will do that but I like information

Also just curious how do you get most of your games transferred use large SD from PC or FTP?

I have CBHC.

So I don't believe I can install from another USB right?

5. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    games i download on pc and then just copy to sd(mine is 64gb)until it's full ,putt in wiiu install
    if it's vc=virtual console=made by nintendo to work with wiiu can just be installed like a wii u game (cfw)
    gc with usbhelper normally you get a notification that it's not the game itself and i think it's marked in pink(you can use the filters in usbhelper to not show these games)

6. jaladhjin

jaladhjin Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2014
    United States
    Are the ones downloaded by USBHelper for Nintendont in a different format as well ?

I'm starting to recognize the Wup Installer format..

Otherwise.. would be hard to know if they are not in a different format.

7. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    they are not games,you have to download the iso yourself,i only now wii vc injection ,i think your vwii has to hacked if you want to use nintendont by itself

jaladhjin likes this.
  8. Vinícius

Vinícius Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2013
    Brazil
    Sete Lagoas
    Is there no other way to install the homebrew channel besides the SD card? Mine seems to be damaged ...

9. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    Your sd or your slot?try to clean it and that your sd adapter Fits perfectly.check if sd slot is enabled.wup installer needs a sd Cars.i think with mocha you can directly download it from pc to your USB HDD,but i'me not sure

10. Vinícius

Vinícius Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2013
    Brazil
    Sete Lagoas
    Sorry if I not made it clear, my english is not very good.
    Yea, the SD slot is damaged, I tryed everything... changed the sd card, tried to clean the slot with air and all the stuff that I found. The only option is that the SD slot is damaged.
    The Wii U already have brain age installed and when I put the files on the sd card and start to load the website, the wii u gamepad returns me with the message:

fsgetmountsource failed. please insert a fat32 formatted sd card

So, I ordered another SD slot from China and I want to know if there is another way or I need to try soldering a newer slot.

11. LuigiSuperStarSaga

Feb 23, 2018
    Brazil
    Heya. You're Brazillian right? Me too. PM me if you're interested in an free translator.

Português: Oi. Você é Brasileiro, certo? Me mande um PM se você está interessado em um tradutor de graça.

Vinícius likes this.
  12. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    seems like the only option ,but soldering stuff like that isn't simple if you never done it.you dit format your sd card to FAT32 ?

Vinícius likes this.
  13. Vinícius

Vinícius Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2013
    Brazil
    Sete Lagoas
    Yeah... actually I am trying right now again. But I am really sure that is a faulty sd slot.
    I already have a guy who works with eletronics nearby and I he told me that he can do it, it is not a very hard job.

14. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    it's not very hard ,if you know what you're doing:D

Vinícius likes this.
  15. Vinícius

Vinícius Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2013
    Brazil
    Sete Lagoas
    Well, I opened the console and removed the metal cover from the card reader. Everything seemed normal, only two connectors were looking "crooked", I picked up a needle and gently adjusted their direction, but nothing changed. The console recognizes the card but does not read it.

I already formatted in fat32 in 32 and 64. I have two cards, a 2gb SD that came in my 3DS and a 16gb HC microsd. Both recognize on the computer, both give the same error in the console.

I already bought a replacement part, but would anyone have any other hypothesis of what could be the problem?

16. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    did you lock it?you can try to put a miimaker image on the sd card if it works (check it presents with pc) your filestructure(or files)on your sd card are wrong.if it doesn't work probably card reader fail.check i all the pins inside the card reader are ok

Vinícius likes this.
  17. robco7

robco7 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2017
    United States
    Has anyone created a list of terminology available somewhere? I feel like keeping track of all the common terms is probably the main reason I have trouble following up with even the most basic stuff.

18. rsc-pl

rsc-pl GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2014
    Poland
    I still don't understand something. Let's say, I want to use "Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Reincarnation". Uncensored and fixed version of this game. It's in loadline format, so WUP installer method won't work for this right? Is there any way to convert loadline format to WUP installer compatible?

19. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    Yes ,there is a tut on gba but i don't know the succes rate .you wil have to use cfw to run.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...es-to-usb-installable-format-properly.456721/.

rsc-pl likes this.
  20. blueolive0087

blueolive0087 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2019
    United States
    Hello, one of the links in the guide isn't working anymore.
    Section download HBAS
    2. Download the file "appstore15.zip" from here.

Is it okay to use release 2.1 instead? (appstore.rpx)
    Being a new member, looks like I can't post any links.

Please update the guide as well.

Thank you!

robco7 likes this.
NULL