[Guide] Community noob guide to Wii U hacking

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by Kafluke, Nov 29, 2016.

1. gravx1

gravx1 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2018
    United States
    Can i do this step for blocking and nothing else before it? Would that be enough? Or do i need to do the initial dns blocking too?

2. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    This step is more secure than DNS so you're good to go with this alone if you want

gravx1 likes this.
  3. gravx1

gravx1 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2018
    United States
    Sweet thankyou!!!

4. Zap2000

Zap2000 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom

Last edited by Zap2000, Nov 3, 2018
  5. Zap2000

Zap2000 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom

Wat happens if u try to play non legit game before Haxchi is running? Would it do anything bad to the wii u?

6. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    it just tells you it can't launch. nothing happen. no brick, no crash, no freeze, no issues. just a prompt telling you it couldn't launch, and an error number.

Zap2000 likes this.
  7. gravx1

gravx1 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2018
    United States
    Wii u is only showing 900gb free on a 2tb wd my passport hd, why would that be?

8. NotHere

NotHere Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    NOTHING TO SEE HERE.. My bad :/

Last edited by NotHere, Nov 4, 2018
  9. gravx1

gravx1 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2018
    United States
    Getting frustrated, i have searched in different ways and found some but nothing as easy to follow as your guide for haxchi. A simple equivalent for getting started with nintendont and vc injector. Very unsure by it. i want to have nintendont on wii u and games on same hdd as wii u games. If possible.

10. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2008
    Australia
    TeconMoon's Wii/GC VC injector seems to be the go to script to inject Wii and GC games, if you haven't already done so, click HERE for more details.
    The only way to have GC games (Nintendont) on the same HDD as your installed WiiU games is to create a GC inject, this allows you to have GC on the same HDD as WiiU Games.

11. gravx1

gravx1 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2018
    United States
    I saw that. I downloaded the injector. Im just not sure about what to do next. Do i get isos and use injector on isos? Not sure how. And what to do with the nintendont?

12. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2008
    Australia
    Yes you need to obtain your own GC ISO's then use the script to create an inject, then use your preferred WUP installer to install onto your ext USB HDD.

As for Nintendont, it's just a matter of prepping your SD CARD, there is an option within this script that is called "Nintendont SD Card Menu", this option preps the SD CARD for you, just need the SD CARD connected to your PC. If you have used Nintendont before on a real Wii or in vWii, then there will be options in here that you will be familiar with.

13. NotHere

NotHere Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Hi all. To ask a question pertaining to above.

I found a thread on how to make Wii and GC games injects for the Wii U, to load the game via the Wii U screen. But I see it needs an SD card for the games. Can the games be in the USB HDD instead?

I am looking for threads on how to play RETRO games as well like NES, SNES, Neo Geo, N64, and whatever else available. Any thread on this?

Thanks.

Last edited by NotHere, Nov 7, 2018
  14. GregMe

GregMe Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2018
    Denmark
    I have installed CBHC + HaxChi and have a problem that my alternative Controller now isn't emulating the WiiU-Gamepad anymore. I didn't find a solution so I am planning to uninstall CBHC and HaxChi as described here wiiu.hacks.guide/uninstall-cfw.html and then doing a WiiU format and install everything again. Is there any other (easier) solution maybe a reset of the Hid-Controller settings of the WiiU?

15. kisamesama

kisamesama GBAtemp Fan

Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    I am trying to backup my nand but I get
    "failed to open /otp.bin for writing"

I am not in CFW.. I have launched homebre launcher via haxchi

tried to skip otp.bin but I get the same error with seprom.bin

Last edited by kisamesama, Nov 7, 2018
  16. NotHere

NotHere Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    This is the ANSWER for the POST above me :)! I hope.

@kisamesama

17. kisamesama

kisamesama GBAtemp Fan

Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    In my haxchi config file, default is the path to the homebrew launcher. So when i clicked on the haxchi icon it launches homebrew launcher. And from there i launch nand dumper. But i get the errors when trying to launch a dump

18. fuctfuct

fuctfuct GBAtemp Fan

May 8, 2006
    Canada
    B.C. Canada
  19. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2008
    Australia
    You already stated that your NOT in CFW so we're assuming your not using Coldboot Haxchi correct?

20. kisamesama

kisamesama GBAtemp Fan

Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    Nope not using CBH. The guide says to backup before proceeding.

I will try reformatting my 64gb sdcard. It is a samsung evo 64gb. Don't know if this makes a difference