[Guide] Community noob guide to Wii U hacking

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by Kafluke, Nov 29, 2016.

1. tubebar

tubebar GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    The Y Cable fixed the HDD issue, works now and was able to format. I updated the FW to 5.5.1 but when I try to go to loadine.ovh the browser keeps giving me an error code 112-1006 and won't display the page. I was using OpenDNS w/ the sites blocks and tried using the loadine.ovh DNS (81.4.127.20) and (168.235.92.108) but still won't work. I do have 3 NDS games I could just use but prefer to buy another donar game.

Any idea how I can fix this error code issue?

Cyan likes this.
  2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    glad the y-cable was enough to fix your detection problem :)

if loadiine.ovh doesn't work, try another URL. I always used my own hosted server on my computer, and accessed the exploit on local IP. it had 100% success rate. (if yuo want it, look for kafluke's AIO browser exploit)
    try to delete your browser data (browser, settings, delete data)

If you want another game as donor, you'll have to download it first !
    but if you are on 5.5.1 and want to stay on that firmware for easiest (not concluding for now) browser exploit, you'll have to first launch the browser exploit, then NNU patcher, then disable DNS filtering, then access eshop. once you get that game, launch homebrew launcher again (without rebooting! or you'll need to do the browser exploit again) by accessing MiiMaker channel. and install hachi right away.
    of course, prepare your haxchi files and folder and settings first.

another solution is update to 5.5.2, get game from eshop. then do browser exploit.

edit :
    AIO files : https://gbatemp.net/threads/old-method-kaflukes-all-in-one-for-self-hosting.424679/

Last edited by Cyan, Aug 25, 2018
  3. tubebar

tubebar GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    Thanks Cyan.

I installed the local files (was easy to setup) and tried accessing it. It seems to timeout and spit out the same error. I deleted the browser cache etc., I probably need more time to fiddle with this (I tried my routers IP and my internet IP). Worse comes to worse I will do 552 (or use one the NDS on there).

4. tubebar

tubebar GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    I tried all the sites but all give the same as error (my local gives that error too). The only one that worked is http://sleepii.ovh/ but it seems to be only for 552. So is there any other way except moving to 552? I don't know why all exploit pages are blocked, this happens with openDNS and the loadiine DNS on their site. Maybe it will work if I use my real DNS but I will probably get the update in testing.

How hard is it to do 552?

EDIT: Nevermind actually got http://www.wiiubru.com/x/ to work and got NNU patched.

Last edited by tubebar, Aug 25, 2018
  5. tubebar

tubebar GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    OK so everything is setup, got a DS game to donate but cannot get Homebrew Launcher 1.4 to work, it always freezes. I tried 2-3 times, and the only site that works for me is http://www.wiiubru.com/x/.

Any ideas why it always freezes? Does it take a lot of tries? Going to rest now and will try ti again later as getting me a lil frustrated lol

6. maczilla

maczilla GBAtemp Regular

Nov 12, 2012
    Bermuda
    before i get into this, question.

"guiFormat" *note* If you don't want to backup your entire nand that's okay. At least get opt.bin and seeprom and you'll be fine."

So how big are these files, Im gonna try to do this on a 32 gig card, I'd like to backup the sysnand somewhat. Could I use a 32 gig card, then transfer the sysnand on to my pc then clear the sd card and use that to homebrew?

it makes an image of the entire sysnand drive even though most of the space is unused?(freshly formatted wiiu)

Last edited by maczilla, Aug 25, 2018
  7. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    are you sure you are on 5.5.1, and not 5.3.2 spoof 5.5.1 ?
    You said Wiiubru is working. it's not ? you could launch NNU patcher, so it worked !
    once you have that exploit working, until you shutdown the console don't launch it anymore or it will freeze the console, just launch MiiMaker to return to Homebrew Launcher.

the offline AIO host has few different choices, did you try them all ? maybe even try the one not for your firmware, just in case you are not really on 5.5.1?

Or, update to 5.5.2, and you'll be sure you are on that version.
    you already had a lot of crash/freeze, can't be worse with 5.5.2.
    it should have work almost 100% with 5.5.1, and 5.5.2 should have the same success rate that you are currently experiencing, it won't change a lot if you update.

OTP and Seeprom are few bytes only. few Kb max.

SLCMTTP (Wii mode) is 512MB
    the SLC (WiiU system file), MLC (wiiu data) dump are based on your console's capacity (8 or 32 GB).

yes, it's a sector by sector backup, not a data backup.

Last edited by Cyan, Aug 25, 2018
    maczilla likes this.
  8. tubebar

tubebar GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    I inserted Minecraft Story Mode Disc and it updated and rebooted. It says 551.

Wiiubru works most of the time, sometimes it freezes. NNU worked OK but constant freezing w/ Homebrew Launcher.

I don't understand why I need to launch NNU again or go to Mii Maker?

I am on Step 6a on the guide and Homebrew Launcher loads and freezes at 90% everytime.

I cannot view any web pages with offline AIO as I get the display error (error code 112-1006) I get that for all sites except for wiiubru and sleepii (though that is only for 552). I always got that 112-1006 error even on the old spoof and don't know why.

Yes I guess I will turn off DNS and do that at this point, guess I don't have anything to lose. I am concerned as to why I can't access so many of the sites getting this 112 error stuff.

9. tubebar

tubebar GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    Just to verify, I go to wiiubru.com/x it says 551 detected and loads the menu of exploits. I select Home Brew launcher 1.4 and it says "Loading Homebrew something or other rpx" and freezes. I just did it again now and giving up as it clearly isn't working. The problem is no other sites work for me. idk what the issue is ready to give up on all of this lol

10. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    you are right, you don't understand. you don't need to do that, why do you think you want to do it?

NNU is a program made to "make the eshop think you already have latest firmware version", so you need it only if you want to access eshop.
    you did, you got your game, now you don't need it anymore.

if you launch the browser hax multiple times (without rebooting the console) it will only crash and freeze, because it's attempting at patching the firmware twice, (once FW->CFW + replace MiiMaker with HBL, and second time CFW -> reCFW + replace MiiiiiM....... no MiiMaker found!). patching the CFW crash the console.
    so, if you "need" to launch the homebrew launcher again BEFORE you reboot the console, the MiiMaker channel IS the homebrew launcher ! it has been replaced by Homebrew Launcher at the same time you did the browserhax.

if you reboot the console, then you need to do the browser hax again. only ONE TIME per reboot !
    but like you experienced, it's sooo unreliable that everybody just install haxchi instead of browserhax to patch the console to allow running homebrew.

You have the homebrew channel 1.4 on your Sd card, right ? because it tries to load it.
    wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

Last edited by Cyan, Aug 26, 2018
  11. tubebar

tubebar GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    I am not launching NNU again as I don't need it. I know it's fool the eShop to thinking I am on a lower FW.

The guide says:

6a. For Wii U Firmware 5.5.1: Open your Wii U Browser and visit this page "http://loadiine.ovh" (without the quotes).
    • When the page loads make sure that the dropdown box says "Homebrew Launcher 1.4 (5.5.0 - 5.5.1)" and click "submit". - That's what I do and it freezes. You are saying I should go to Mii Maker as that is the HBC? I'll give it a try.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ah there is a Haxchi option which I should have used, instead of doing HBC twice like you said. OK Cyan I see it now lol

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Haxchi successfully installed! Uh was b/c I didn't understand and was doing double CFW. At least I got this, just going to backup NAND and will work more on this tomorrow. Thanks for your help Cyan!

Cyan likes this.
  12. maczilla

maczilla GBAtemp Regular

Nov 12, 2012
    Bermuda
    is it true you have to solder to reload the sysnand if it does brick? if so im probably going to skip backing up.

13. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    If you made no nand backup then you have no way to restore your nand if you get a brick, the hard mod part is just to solder a SD adapter onto your motherboard, in case you get a brick.

godreborn likes this.
  14. Doublemeat

Doublemeat Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2017
    Finland
    So is it hard to get the ticket fron the original discs? As i have a good bunch of them games bought, so i can get the ticket from there myself and after that its good as i dont want to hassle with them discs. Its good that they all all installed on my usb drive.

15. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    afaik, discs don't contain tickets. there's a code, content, meta, and I think sys (system updates) folder. it might, but I'm not sure. you need a special burner to rip the discs anyway.

16. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Use Tik2SD for just the ticket, or Disc2App to dump the app files as well.

17. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    hmm...retail discs containing tickets sounds familiar now that I think about it. I think that's how you'd get installed games to work. I think they're using retail tickets, unless I'm wrong.

18. Doublemeat

Doublemeat Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2017
    Finland
    Can i install WUD files with WUP installergx2 ?
    If not how do i install them?
    Thanks guys!

19. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    no, wud is not an installable format, it's a sector by sector copy of a full disc data. (23GB for single layer disc)
    you can't install a disc.

You need to extract the files (in encrypted .app format, to be used by WUP installer) from the disc first, and then you install the extracted files using "DiscU -c" command.
    if you forget the "c" command, it will decrypt the .app too, and you'll get decrypted files (like the one used by loadiine, not by WUP installer)

or, use Disc2app, but it can be very slow (few hours of disc copy, based on your game size).

Last edited by Cyan, Aug 28, 2018
  20. Doublemeat

Doublemeat Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2017
    Finland
    I give up, iw hit the wall...
    Dont know where and how to do this "and then you install the extracted files using "DiscU -c" command".

Dont even know how to"extract the files (in encrypted .app format, to be used by WUP installer)"

Every program has seized or stopped its development. Every website is closed concerning the tickets and titles. This is a one big joke this whole wiiu scene. Lucky that i got 3 games running. When i have played those ill whack the whole fucking wiiu with a hammer as i should have in the beginning, its one joke.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted