Homebrew [Guide] Browserhax/ Menuhax/ CTR-HTTPWN still down? Fear not, help is here!

nitroBW

warum nicht?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if you're refering to me, my sd card is a 16 Gb micro SD card, and I have copied my ropbin renamed to ''menuhax_manager_input_payload.bin'' and a copy of it renamed to ''menuhaxmanager_input_payload.bin'' at these folders:

SDCard:/
SDCard:/menuhax
SDCard:/3ds
SDCard:/3ds/menuhax
SDCard/3ds/menuhax_manager

and it still tries to download from internet, completely ignoring my SDCard

Hmmm.. try using the otherapp.bin also from smea's site. This guide is basically just 3 guides I found in 1, and I couldn't test the menuhax part yet. If that doesn't work either , then I'm sorry. I need to edit the guide depending on your answer xd

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hmmm.. try using the otherapp.bin also from smea's site. This guide is basically just 3 guides I found in 1, and I couldn't test the menuhax part yet. If that doesn't work either , then I'm sorry. I need to edit the guide depending on your answer xd
ok, will try that right now.
BRB

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, tried with otherapp and it still ignores my SDCard and tries to download from internet.
Guess I'll have to wait for the site to be up again

Xmjordan12345X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how am i suppose to change the theme to uninstall menuhax if i cant get back to the homemenu cause menuhax is installed and freeses everytime i try to return to homemenu without reboot? everything is installed fine but since menuhax is installed i cant go back to home menu without reboot to get ctr working =/

Last edited by Xmjordan12345X,

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
And also tried the method explained here: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/homebrew-launcher-(browser) and still the same result

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how am i suppose to change the theme to uninstall menuhax if i cant get back to the homemenu cause menuhax is installed and freeses everytime i try to return to homemenu without reboot? everything is installed fine but since menuhax is installed i cant go back to home menu without reboot to get ctr working =/
try deleting homemenu's extdata

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Taken from Plailect's guide:
Clear Home Menu’s extdata by navigating to the following folder on your SD card: /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/
  • EUR Region: Delete 00000098
  • JPN Region: Delete 00000082
  • USA Region: Delete 0000008f
  • KOR Region: Delete 000000A9
  • TWN Region: Delete 000000B1
Also homemenuhax just started detecting my sdcard for some reason and i can install it offline

Xmjordan12345X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taken from Plailect's guide:
Clear Home Menu’s extdata by navigating to the following folder on your SD card: /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/
  • EUR Region: Delete 00000098
  • JPN Region: Delete 00000082
  • USA Region: Delete 0000008f
  • KOR Region: Delete 000000A9
  • TWN Region: Delete 000000B1
Also homemenuhax just started detecting my sdcard for some reason and i can install it offline

weird lol and ok ive tried that and when i do it deletes my entrypoint and i cant get back into hbl to rerun ctr

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
so i got it to work by just going through browserhax instead of menuhax but i really enjoy menuhax, i guess ill have to either find a new entry point or just do this method to downlaod stuff off the eshop and the nput menuhacks back on everytime =/ so silly
Ok, try this (Again, taken from Plailect's guide):
  1. Open the menuhax_manager application
  2. Press (A) to install, it may show some errors but that’s fine as long as it shows “Install finished successfully” towards the end
    • If you are prompted to “override the detected system version,” press (B) to decline
  3. Go back to the main menuhax_manager menu, then select “Configure menuhax”
  4. Press (A) to continue, then select “Type1”
  5. Hold (Down) on the D-Pad, then tap the touch screen; this is the recommended button to use for launching menuhax in this guide because it does not interfere with any other functions of tools we will be using
  6. Go back to the main menuhax_manager menu, press (B), then press (Start) to exit back into the Homebrew Launcher
  7. Press the (Start) button then press (A) to reboot
  8. You can now hold D-Pad (Down) while the system is booting to launch the Homebrew Launcher

Xmjordan12345X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, try this (Again, takenform Plailect's guide):
  1. Open the menuhax_manager application
  2. Press (A) to install, it may show some errors but that’s fine as long as it shows “Install finished successfully” towards the end
    • If you are prompted to “override the detected system version,” press (B) to decline
  3. Go back to the main menuhax_manager menu, then select “Configure menuhax”
  4. Press (A) to continue, then select “Type1”
  5. Hold (Down) on the D-Pad, then tap the touch screen; this is the recommended button to use for launching menuhax in this guide because it does not interfere with any other functions of tools we will be using
  6. Go back to the main menuhax_manager menu, press (B), then press (Start) to exit back into the Homebrew Launcher
  7. Press the (Start) button then press (A) to reboot
  8. You can now hold D-Pad (Down) while the system is booting to launch the Homebrew Launcher
yeah thats the guide i followed the first time, its a known issue that menuhax has to restart the system to work so its fine. i dont use the store that often anyway lol

Last edited by Xmjordan12345X,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.