EddCase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've not found any way of using NXThemes Installer with a forwarder, even using a forwarder to HBMenu gives that exact same error message. It only seems to work with title redirection (Hold R whilst loading a game)

EddCase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Version added to the first post, Includes the option to disable the image conversion process. You MUST click the Disable Image conversion BEFORE selecting your images. Hopefully this will help those of you who are getting ? icons on your forwarders

The Icon file must be a 256 x 256 Pixel JPG
The Logo file must be a 160 x 40 Pixel PNG

If you are using the Disable Image Conversion option

B-alpha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thanks for the new version, looks great so far. Would it also be possible to add "version" as to the template, that would be very lovely. And thanks again fo all the work!

MazuNX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've not found any way of using NXThemes Installer with a forwarder, even using a forwarder to HBMenu gives that exact same error message. It only seems to work with title redirection (Hold R whilst loading a game)
Thanks. I found out the NXThemesInstaller developer has no interest in supporting .nsp forwarders. I was launching NXThemesInstaller from a hbmenu .nsp forwarder, and it was working fine, but once I installed the NXThemesInstaller .nsp forwarder, the key extraction issue started. So I'm trying to get back to where it was before, with NXThemesInstaller working when launched from the hbmenu .nsp forwarder. I used my prod keys when making the .nsp forwarders, so I'm thinking my prod keys are what's causing the issue. I don't suppose you know which folder I need to delete to fully undo the NXThemesInstaller .nsp forwarder installation?

Hleb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello. I don't know why, but "Create Forwarder" does nothing but spit open Documents folder without forwarders. Can anyone help? I got prod.keys correctly and drop them into the root of the folder (which is Menu_v0.12b_AIO)

UPD: Solved it! Just needed to move the folder from Downloads to C: (i guess the problem was that my windows on russian)

Attachments

• 1G5GOAWdHj.mp4
    695.8 KB
Last edited by Hleb,

Nomada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting nothing in the output folder in the latest update. I'm using the latest dumped prod.keys

I could get .8 to work, but I would love to use the latest because the image compression lowers the quality of my icons and I would love to be able to disable that.

Last edited by Nomada,

Nomada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it to work by adding an author name. Having the disable image conversion box checked unfortunately still wrecks the icon image quality though. The icons come out super blurry..

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been discovered that the Cotton Guardian Force Saturn Tribute pack (as well as the 3 standalone eShop releases) are working through an unknown Sega Saturn emulator that seems to have far far better compatibility than the RA cores, which has been figured out by replacing the .bin and .cue file in the romfs folders (You can read it all HERE, plus my compatibility list is a little further down the post).

Ultimately wondering if this discovery can somehow be implemented with the NSP Forwarder so we can custom TitleIDs and Icons for specific injections (The standalone games boot straight to the Saturn game, so it's almost unnoticeable that there was a previous game in it's place after the injection)

Zero-sama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it to work finally and managed to make a couple forwarders for some nro's and retroarch games, but eventually anything else created would crash after the loading screen. Also seems like even with the image conversion setting turned off that images are slightly blurry.

Nomada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it to work finally and managed to make a couple forwarders for some nro's and retroarch games, but eventually anything else created would crash after the loading screen. Also seems like even with the image conversion setting turned off that images are slightly blurry.
I found this and it works fine other than the title id randomizer. I just used the gui in this thread instead to make a title id. Icons don't come out blurry with SAK either.

Zero-sama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this and it works fine other than the title id randomizer. I just used the gui in this thread instead to make a title id. Icons don't come out blurry with SAK either.
I did think about trying that before I got this to work, but I was a bit hesitant because of the "false positive" the dev claims is nothing and won't disclose why the program causes it.

Edit: Decided to try it anyway and it worked pretty well with the nro's and their art look a lot cleaner, but for retroarch stuff I had either one game appear as an empty space on my screen and would crash on boot or another that played fine, but had a Question Mark icon even with the image set up properly.

Last edited by Zero-sama,

deokindet

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the app!
Yesterday I did some forwarders for my gba games with mgba emulator, but today when I tried to do some more it returns me this error screen on switch:
2320ce79-8b41-40ce-ae74-fdfc04932825.jpg

I've double check all the steps, including the paths, but I can't make it work... Very strange, because yesterday i did more then 10 forwarders and everything was fine, but today none is working.
Can someone help me? Thanks a lot!

hmmmp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the app!
Yesterday I did some forwarders for my gba games with mgba emulator, but today when I tried to do some more it returns me this error screen on switch:
View attachment 279324
I've double check all the steps, including the paths, but I can't make it work... Very strange, because yesterday i did more then 10 forwarders and everything was fine, but today none is working.
Have you managed to solve this issue yet? I have not succeeded in installing a single ROM.

hmmmp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the app!
View attachment 279324
Posted this twice by accident, so I just edited my second reply

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Will the forwarders work on other switches?? I want to send my reproach forwarder (nsp) to my brother. Wii the keys make it unique to my switch??

deokindet

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Have you managed to solve this issue yet? I have not succeeded in installing a single ROM.
Yeah, my bad. I just moved the folder's app from the desktop to another place and that caused all the issue. Just downloaded again and put direct in the place I wanted, now it's working.

What is your problem? Have you done all the steps? Extracted the prod.info?

hmmmp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, my bad. I just moved the folder's app from the desktop to another place and that caused all the issue. Just downloaded again and put direct in the place I wanted, now it's working.

What is your problem? Have you done all the steps? Extracted the prod.info?
I succeed in forwarding Retroarch ROMS, and then installing them onto my Switch homescreen. It gives me no errors until I actually start the NSP which shows the Switch loading screen and then tells me The software was closed because an error occured. I've tried with GBA Roms and SNES roms and I assigned the correct core. It gives me no errors with the prod.keys file.

JakedUp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies if this has already been asked, but is there any way to change the compression settings? My source image is pristine, but it's coming out highly pixelated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn