O819r.png

Gungnir boxart: http://i.minus.com/i1DkNQ2H0FmTX.jpg
Growlanser boxart: http://www.growlanse...tions/gl4or.jpg

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is actually pretty fucking awesome. I mean, if it were only the pixels, that'd be just meh, but with all the other hints, it actually points interested fans in some directions.

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
Trophies
XP
Country
Compared it to think pink on the character's wings and hair on the Growlanser boxart and I've got to say that it looks really similar. So my guess goes for that.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i might be
Growlanser

the pixels looks like it might be part of the wings og the char over the game logo
It could be both of them. Growlanser just seems it because it's all pinkish

Can't be, there have been 6 Growlanser games made, and none of which have been made for the PSP. Gungir has been made for the PSP, but there was only 1 instalment under that name, not to mention Gungir was the 4th in a series of games by Dept. Heaven. That said however, there was no 3rd game by Dept. Heaven, they went from Episode II: Yggdra Union to IV which is Knights in the Nightmare so III was omitted, but Gungir was the 5th game in their timeline of releases. I don't think Gungir is the answer we are looking for to be honest.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i might be
Growlanser

the pixels looks like it might be part of the wings og the char over the game logo
It could be both of them. Growlanser just seems it because it's all pinkish

Can't be, there have been 6 Growlanser games made, and none of which have been made for the PSP.
Growlanser 4 is for the PSP and is the fourth game in the series so yeah it's probably that one. Are there even more than one Gungnir game? If not than it's mostly likely Growlanser 4

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gungnir would be the fourth installement too. The previous 3 don't have the same names. Atlus and Sting made Riviera the Promised Land (originally on GBA, but on PSP too), Yggdra Union, we will never fight alone (also originally on GBA, but ported to PSP) then there is Knight in Nightmare.

Also all those were localised, in the last years. It's been ages since Growlanser was localized (it was on PS2). It's gonna be Gungnir.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Can't be, there have been 6 Growlanser games made, and none of which have been made for the PSP. Gungir has been made for the PSP, but there was only 1 instalment under that name, not to mention Gungir was the 4th in a series of games by Dept. Heaven. That said however, there was no 3rd game by Dept. Heaven, they went from Episode II: Yggdra Union to IV which is Knights in the Nightmare so III was omitted, but Gungir was the 5th game in their timeline of releases. I don't think Gungir is the answer we are looking for to be honest.
Growlanser IV is pretty much it's own game, you don't need the others.
and Dept. Heaven games aren't connected, just share similar designs and the hint says it's the fourth release in the series, not the fourth release by episode.

Both have a highly likely chance, considering the hints. Please do go find another game that fit those hints.

Absynthe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's clearly the Gungnir cover.

gungnir2.png

If the colors don't look exactly the same is probably either because
a) I didn't get the right 5x5 square (likely because I made this in a hurry, just to prove a point) or;
b) because the cover file I used was slightly different from the one they used.
Anyway the color scheme is there, the curve is the same, it's all the same.
It's obviously Gungnir.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi