PS1/2 GTAIV

• Thread starter Lyuse
  • Start date
  • Views 9,458
  • Replies 95
L

Lyuse

OP
I just got it from the post office and I'm ready to play I got 2 weeks off and I'm planning to use them
biggrin.gif

Who else got got it ?
tongue.gif

L

Lyuse

OP
cherryduck said:
I'm pretty far in but I haven't got to fly a chopper yet
frown.gif

I heard the SIXAXIS control sucks with choppers

I wouldn't use it anyway, I'm gonna go out and buy a DS3 just to feel the bullets
tongue.gif

L

Lyuse

OP
cherryduck said:
I've got it on the Xbox 360, whats a DS3?
DualShock 3

btw haven't played it yet its still in that little plastic wrapping I just bought a DS3 and got loads of snacks and I'm ready to start my GTA marathon

Goodbye world see you in two weeks

GTA FTW

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
greyhound said:
it comes with a 1 month gold trial

Really? I suppose I should break open my special edition, which I received this morning, but which is still sealed, and sat on a shelf ... that's what happens when you donwload games, when you already have them on per-order ...

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
According to pixel counters, the PS3 version runs at a lower resolution than the 360 and according to forum members there is a lot of freezing
rofl2.gif

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
offtopic84 said:
According to pixel counters, the PS3 version runs at a lower resolution than the 360 and according to forum members there is a lot of freezing
rofl2.gif
and I was about to add that seeing a forum topic about this without console fanboyism was nice.
But whoops.

Also, I've seen that article too, and the way he comes to that conclusion is a little odd. 620p? Also. lol wut.

Edit #3 - PSN Id is - Neveras07 if anyone wants to add me for potential multiplayer in the future.

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
What I've played is great...Makes me really sad though, hearing the conversations of most of the people in line.

I love it when people boast about their modded ps3s.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've actually heard the opposite. That it runs better on the PS3 but this is because it has to be installed onto the HDD. And that the graphics are slightly improved. But no downloadable content for PS3 only 360. I'm sure the graphical differences are hardly noticeable if at all though.

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bob Loblaw said:
I've actually heard the opposite. That it runs better on the PS3 but this is because it has to be installed onto the HDD. And that the graphics are slightly improved. But no downloadable content for PS3 only 360. I'm sure the graphical differences are hardly noticeable if at all though.
There is downloadable content for the ps3, it's just the 360 is getting exclusive content in the co-op missions mode. From what I've seen of the two demo units they had in store, the ps3 version feels sharper although that leads it to be a bit plasticky, while the 360 is a bit cartoony? Hard to put it any other way. It's not bad though. Comes down to preference.

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i've been playing the 360 version thanks to iXtreme for the past few days and it is a tiny bit cartoony.
I have an unopened PS3 sitting next to me that I bought yesterday but I have no games for it so I can't compare.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
offtopic84 said:
rofl2.gif

Saw the same article I think, also:

"PS3 owners of GTA IV are reporting that they are receiving errors when trying to connect online with the game to play a multi-player game. They have been receiving the following message: "Cannot connect to game provider, please try again."

Rockstar: If game freezes, erase game data and start over
According to a chap over at the US PlayStation forums, a Rockstar has said that those who are experiencing problems with GTA IV freezing should "erase the game data (the original install and the game saves) and then start over." This apparently solves the issue.

PS3 GTA IV runs at 640p *UPDATE*

After receiving some better ps3 screens, Quaz51 from the beyond3d forum has concluded that the PS3 version of GTA IV does indeed run at 640p w/o AA. However a "good post-process filter on PS3 version do a good job for hide aliasing and improve visual." The 360 version runs at 720p + 2AA. (Thanks Artur) UPDATE: Also, one site has found that "there is no full-screen video mode for in-game TV in the Xbox 360 version." The PS3 version does has this option but with the 360 you are forced to "view what's on the box in a small viewing area."

quote:

Good news, dot50cal send me very good screenshot (thanks) and finally it's 1152x640p (and no AA) exactly like Halo3, perfect Dark or Dark sector PS3
even though i has clearly identified 7/8 recurrence on many different edge and screenshot but insufficient edge lenght and bad screenshot lead astray me, sorry, it's finally 8/9 and 9/10 recurrence, it's the final result!

quote:

Originally Posted by GAZOman
I think it would be nice if someone would just add all the info into one post because the thing gets kind of confusing.

well, I have both versions at home - its GTA so I would like to have the best version anyway.

I don't need to count pixels to tell you that neither of the versions is native 720p - 360 is NOT 720p and has almost as much aliasing as halo3 did. just compare a real 720p game to the 360 version of GTA4 side by side and you could end all the speculation within a second.

if you ask me, the differences are very minor - I will look into it tonight again. one thing is for sure: the PS3 has not better AA like IGN and other reviews were implying and the framerate in general is horrible in both versions. after the dithering debate I will mostly look into that, the HDR thing and of course a deep comparison of framerates.

PS: this thread is up on eurogamer and n4g
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=134736

no, 360 version is clearly 720p AAx2 but good post-process filter on PS3 version do a good job for hide aliasing and imrove visual, and the little more blurry aspect with more hot tint make a more cinematic feeling, probably what some tester like on PS3 version, and with less pop-in, finally every version is good (phew.... it's delicate topic )

News Source: beyond3d and beyond3d

News Source: videogamer

Not seen anything about the 360 version except this:
Reps from Rockstar called the Opie and Anthony radio show today to talk about GTA IV. Rockstar said on the show that they are already working on the Xbox 360 DLC and that it may be released as soon as this summer (earlier than Microsoft's announcement that it will be coming of this Autumn).

Not saying the 360 version is better, decide that for yourself, just spreading news
smile.gif

Currently at 27% completion.

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After doing some googling it seems that only the 60gb version of ps3 is being affected by the freezing issue? Weird.. Maybe rockstar will fix it or maybe a firmware update?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s