Hacking GTA: San Andreas port for Vita by The Flow ...

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Andy Nguyen
@theflow0

<<<RELEASE >>>

https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/gtasa_vita
·
2h
I wrote a .so loader for the PS Vita to load Android's GTA San Andreas. I then added a bunch of hooks to replace shaders etc. What sounded like crazy idea at first, turned out to be not so difficult. There's still lots to optimize to get it running at a good frame rate, though.
Er8e-nnXAAEOYCn.jpg
Er8e-nvXEAQrNNb.jpg

https://twitter.com/theflow0/status/1350833373288267780?s=19

How did he Port a Android Game To PS VITA>>>>>?<<<<
What Could This Mean for Future Ports
The Flow !!!!!! Impressive as always !!!!!
Er8w6MXW8AUSjAp.jpg

Last edited by SuperDan,

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
For real, the Vita may be the best handheld ever. The modders really do want Sonywont and show just how much potential it had as a platform because had they dropped a 3D GTA collection on it with some kind of mutliplayer built in that would've been a system seller alone.

Very impressive developments recently.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For real, the Vita may be the best handheld ever. The modders really do want Sonywont and show just how much potential it had as a platform because had they dropped a 3D GTA collection on it with some kind of mutliplayer built in that would've been a system seller alone.

Very impressive developments recently.
iT'S Got me thinking what else they could pull off in the future .... if he can port Rockstar Android games ...BULLY..?....Max Payne ?... Seems Like Vita will have a solid GTA Collection

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Rich8606

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Heh, I'm guessing the actual goal is to port Android to Vita and not San Andreas? Because if it's the game, theFlow would've ported the PC version like what the other guy did with GTA3 and Vice City.

Reactions: SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, I'm guessing the actual goal is to port Android to Vita and not San Andreas? Because if it's the game, theFlow would've ported the PC version like what the other guy did with GTA3 and Vice City.
Yeah in a ideal world ..he could port anything to vita ? its not that simple at all ... & its pretty amazing he can pull this off ...... could you>?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Porting Android to device that has no ready drivers is a way to masochism. And for this you need actual team, not one person.

Switchroot doesn't want to work now on Android and Ubuntu for Tegra X1+, because there are no ready drivers and it would take years to finish it. But with Switch we have Nvidia documentation, with Vita you have almost nothing. So it's easier to make an "emulator" for one game than porting whole Android.

Last edited by masagrator,

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
I'm just grateful that devs are giving the Vita the respect it deserves as its by far the best handheld that ever came to the market purely on the quality of the dpad/screen/analogs alone. Everything else is gravy.

The fact that we're getting all this activity and, most importantly, optimization is really great.

I do believe in rewarding good work and showing my appreciation. Considering the Flow carried the entire Vita scene on his back for a while and Rinnegatamante is also firing on all cylinders it makes sense to motivate them/keep em in caffeinated beverages and snacks by donating whatever you can afford because there are countless folks out there getting mileage out of a platform that was long abandoned by Sony thanks to the dedicated efforts of these two and other contributors.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rinnegatamante
@Rinnegatamante

·
Jan 26
All those settings will be customizable through a config file (and probably a companion app). Here's some screenshots with detail textures off and both PS2 effects on. More renderer improvements and patches will come in the future too.

Esssqq9XEAI0czT.jpg
Esssr0IW4AIXEg-.jpg

Rinnegatamante
@Rinnegatamante

·
Jan 26
Today we got some renderer improvements namingly: (partially) addressed skinning bugs present in mobile version (eg: Tenpenny face during cutscenes) as well as two PS2 effects (colourfilter and sun corona). Also we disabled detail textures giving that "grain like" feel.

Bjdburton

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
iT'S Got me thinking what else they could pull off in the future .... if he can port Rockstar Android games ...BULLY..?....Max Payne ?... Seems Like Vita will have a solid GTA Collection

I've got some good news for you... I would post a link but I've not posted enough and therefore not allowed but just search Max Payne vita. It was released yesterday!

Reactions: SuperDan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse