GTA Online: The Contract - features returning characters, coming December 15th

Rockstar Games have unveiled the next major GTA Online update.

The latest expansion, The Contract, includes familiar character Franklin Clinton that first appeared in the single player campaign 8 years ago starring alongside Dr Dre who plays himself. The expansion will feature a story set some years after the events of the original game.

The Contract releases December 15th 2021.

Introducing The Contract, a New GTA Online Story Featuring Franklin Clinton and Friends

Get Ready for a New Adventure with Dr. Dre, Plus New Music, and Much More Coming December 15

In the years since he and his accomplices knocked over the Union Depository, renowned Los Santos hustler Franklin Clinton has been making moves of his own.

Welcome to F. Clinton and Partner, a new "celebrity solutions agency" catering to the Vinewood elite in need of solutions to high-society problems.

Franklin needs two things: a reliable partner and a big-ticket, high-profile client. With your longtime LS contact — and newly aspiring cannabis entrepreneur — Lamar Davis making the connection, you can be the partner that helps Franklin take the business to the next level.

Meanwhile on the other side of the city, DJ Pooh has been reaching out to Franklin about an exciting potential client: his close friend, Dr. Dre. Lost in the shuffle on his way to Cayo Perico last year, it turns out Dr. Dre's phone isn't just missing — it's in the wrong hands. Not only that, but the phone also contains the hottest property in the city: new, unreleased music from Dr. Dre himself. This could be the big break your agency needs.

Get ready for a wild and hilarious ride through Los Santos, from the mean streets of Franklin's old neighborhood to the hottest parties in the city, from debaucherous mansions to the offices of the FIB and everywhere in between as you join Franklin, expert hacker Imani, Chop the Dog, and crew to secure Dr. Dre's precious tracks and return them to their rightful owner.

:arrow: Source

Reactions: BigOnYa

Lucaserf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
anyways glad to see that people here are smart enough to realize how fucking dumb this is and hate it accordingly. all over twitter and YT it's just positive reception from those communities even though the expansion looks like shit, and it's for an online mode that's shit. It's fucking dumb how people think this shit is not just OK, but good
Why it does look like shit? You didn't even play it yet.
As for the online mode, while it isn't the best experience one might have, it's far from shit, and is actually enjoyable with peers.

Lucaserf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
What's the significance of Franklin being in a game he was already in
Franklin was never in GTA Online, this is his first appearence since GTA V's story mode. It would be a continuation of his story, where he is 8 years later (in GTA time)

TheXpertXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one just glad to see some form of addition to the story here? Yes, it's online, yes it's not GTA 6, but it seems like a cool update to me, even though I don't play online often

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Franklin was never in GTA Online, this is his first appearence since GTA V's story mode. It would be a continuation of his story, where he is 8 years later (in GTA time)
I guess I don't know anything about GTA Online I thought you played as the 3 characters and did missions.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.. 7 years and counting since the original release, why no single player expansion/DLC? Surely something like TLAD or TBOGT wouldn't be that difficult to do, they simply just DON'T want to. They would rather keep milking this instead smh..

Reactions: BigOnYa

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only way to play gta v online now is with modmenus, 1: to protect against other modders and 2: its super fun.
anyone who buys shark cards for the pc version is stupid.

Reactions: felix.200

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
anyways glad to see that people here are smart enough to realize how fucking dumb this is and hate it accordingly. all over twitter and YT it's just positive reception from those communities even though the expansion looks like shit, and it's for an online mode that's shit. It's fucking dumb how people think this shit is not just OK, but good
>people who play this game like this game
more news at 11

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It made me happy hearing Lamar / Black Jesus, if nothing else. :)

Loved the first two seasons, but season three is shit.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oddly only a few days after the 360/ps3 servers shutdown i don't feel thats coincidental
I'm playing it on PS3 currently and I'm glad they'll update it so no more notices about online going off and hopefully they remove the stupid Facebook pop up.

I think I'm near the end of the story (where the Chinese kidnapped Michael). After this, it's Mafia II. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I like it gentle