Gaming Gta IV

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just checked what score Gta IV got and it got 10 out of 10 by gamespot! And i think that they've only given like 4 other games a 10/10 score in their history so that alone sais alot.

Does anyone here agree with their score? Where they accurate or way off?

Never played it myself but i'm definetaly gonna get an xbox 360 now. (well i was going to anyways so i'm not getting it just for this game
nyanya.gif
)

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Game Informer,Official Xbox Magazine UK,UGO,gamespot,VideoGamer,1up,gamepro,eorogamer,gamerspy,teamxbox,ign,TotalVide
Games
gave the game A+ 100% 10/10.
I have just ordered it from hong kong and i'll play it next week.

GrayFox Cap

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
While I do agree that it is a good game, I don't agree with the across-the-board perfect scores GTA IV is getting.

With graphical glitches and frame-rates (I suppose you get used to it), it's hard to call the game "Perfect". Let's face it, that's what a 10 out of 10 is: "Perfect".

If anything, IMHO, it's NEAR perfect.

What would push it even higher, for me, is having an in-game reply/record option (a la Halo or something) so I can watch those crazy scenes that seem to only happen when no one is watching!

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Scarlem Nocturne said:
While I do agree that it is a good game, I don't agree with the across-the-board perfect scores GTA IV is getting.

With graphical glitches and frame-rates (I suppose you get used to it), it's hard to call the game "Perfect". Let's face it, that's what a 10 out of 10 is: "Perfect".

If anything, IMHO, it's NEAR perfect.

What would push it even higher, for me, is having an in-game reply/record option (a la Halo or something) so I can watch those crazy scenes that seem to only happen when no one is watching!
Read this. Seriously. It at the very least brings up good points about the whole perfect game topic.
http://www.destructoid.com/there-s-no-such...ss--81743.phtml

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
If you follow IGN, they never said either game was perfect. Their 10 means the game is masterful, meaning its one heck of a game, but has some very minor flaws.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I've been playing the game since I got it at an EB midnight launch. It really is an excellent game, and a game I can see myself playing for a long long time.

The writing, atmosphere and sheer magnitude of what the developers created is enough to warrant a 10/10 in my books. If you see the thing as a whole it's one of the greatest video game experiences you can buy.

Wanted

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
10/10 shouldn't mean perfect anyway. It's not an all-time-game-chart-ranking list. It just means everyone should get it or it does what it promises 100% or delivers more than expected.
lecture.gif
I like the game but there are too many cops and they don't go after NPC's when they gang up on me. I felt like going back to Lost Odyssey two hours later but it's very impressive.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, OXM gave it 9.5/10 ? I remember in late 2007 they were giving 10/10 to so many games back then, I'm surprised they didn't 10/10 this one

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Opium said:
I've been playing the game since I got it at an EB midnight launch. It really is an excellent game, and a game I can see myself playing for a long long time.

The writing, atmosphere and sheer magnitude of what the developers created is enough to warrant a 10/10 in my books. If you see the thing as a whole it's one of the greatest video game experiences you can buy.
haha, I noticed you were the first on my friend list playing gta4

finally played it with friends online. fun. really.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am enjoying this game, but there are too damn many people to do missions for, and the friendship levels drop if you don't do missions for them for a while ... too short a while, if you ask me ...

I am wondering where the Brian missions are going ... hmmm ...

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm having fun with the game playing around with the missions and dating.

But the game just seems less overwhelming compared to the older GTA's, there just doesn't seem that much extra to do apart from the main missions, dating and the mini-games...

Maybe I just need to unlock more of the city? I'm still finishing the missions on the first island.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person