Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pasc said:
CockroachMan said:
dominator said:
every game by rockstar game are greats!!!! If they decide to release a GTA IV it will be great bu you right rockstar game hasen't announce Gta IV but we have the time, 08/15

That's 06/15..

Rockstar usually takes more time to release their games..

Who said they didn't work secretly to drop the bomb now unlike the GBA GTA ?

BTW, to all these nonbelievers... the gba is able to deliver this:

Now imagine what the DS could do with the same effort putten in (pocketeers ?) ?

So , I'm going to list a few things ...

First of , the cars are Sprites. Rockstar would never make something like this because the collisionsystem would be shit.
Then ... there are no passengers. Oh and theres only one single car. Also the environment is extremly empty. Just some walls and single houses. :\

P

pasc

OP
And now Sherlock think again, why did I show you this ? Oh, right, because it is... you guessed it : GBA !

The DS would be able to pull of much more amazing stuff if done correctly, but aside from Big N themselves, Square Enix and Team Ninja nobody did good DS 3D Graphics.

BTW: did you play Brothers in Arms ? How much stuff is going on there ? Much ? Yeah, so even Ubisofts internal Gameloft could do such a thing, just with less people than the console version.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes , I played it. It is indeed a quite good game and the grapics are pretty good. But... You still forget how much friggin' stuff happens in GTA. I modded each game from GTA 3 to GTA SA , and I've played both PSP games. And I know how much things the engine needs to do so. Brothers in arms is a WW2 FPS not a Theft Simulator. There's not half as much going onscreen then on GTA.

Maybe GTA would be possible on the DS. It would suck. It would be extremly watered down and because of that reason the gameplay would suck to. Because without much traffic and stuff the world doesn't looks to living.

Meh. This was my last post in this thread. Continue on hoping for you game , but don't cry if it isn't coming.

€dit:

@the next post.

Till now no game pushed the NDS to the limits. At least not completely.I'm really missing a game with good physics on the DS , but that's probably due that most developers use HAVOK or other ready-to-use physic engines.

P

pasc

OP
Dominik93 said:
Yes , I played it. It is indeed a quite good game and the grapics are pretty good. But... You still forget how much friggin' stuff happens in GTA. I modded each game from GTA 3 to GTA SA , and I've played both PSP games. And I know how much things the engine needs to do so. Brothers in arms is a WW2 FPS not a Theft Simulator. There's not half as much going onscreen then on GTA.

Maybe GTA would be possible on the DS. It would suck. It would be extremly watered down and because of that reason the gameplay would suck to. Because without much traffic and stuff the world doesn't looks to living.

Meh. This was my last post in this thread. Continue on hoping for you game , but don't cry if it isn't coming.

Don't worry, I won't ^^, its just a game after all. I don't really like it because "oMZGS iT'S the GTA " I would want to see it more from a technical standpoint, I really would wanna know how far the DEVS can push the DS to it's limits, or do you want to tell me that there is any game out there pushing the DS to the max ?

This will aswell be MY last post, farwell

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dominik93 said:
pasc said:
CockroachMan said:
dominator said:
every game by rockstar game are greats!!!! If they decide to release a GTA IV it will be great bu you right rockstar game hasen't announce Gta IV but we have the time, 08/15

That's 06/15..

Now imagine what the DS could do with the same effort putten in (pocketeers ?) ?

First of , the cars are Sprites. Rockstar would never make something like this because the collisionsystem would be s***.
Then ... there are no passengers. Oh and theres only one single car. Also the environment is extremly empty. Just some walls and single houses. :\

Now that i think about it is possible, the engine that is.

Okay here are my deductations:

We know that the ds can handle up to 2000 polygons. And the best textures for the job are 64x64

Now lets count the models. If they are able to make a 150 poly for each cars.
Make the maximum cars in the screen only 8. (1200polys)
Now say the scenery + particles are (500polys)
Now seeing that a modelled human is quite hard to implement in this game, We all now see that a billboarded sprite(imagine doom) is way better.
With this we can insert 20 sprites/human per screen. ( 40polys)

If gotten right it would look like asphalt.
asfaltgt2_006-large.jpg

Hmm, but it still doesnt sound right.
unsure.gif
just dont expect too much.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's possible but very unlikely IMO.

The DS could handle a GTA game but they wouldn't call it GTAIV. It would be GTA:lite or something with a similar perspective as gta1&2.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Asphalt Urban GT 2 is almost nothing like GTA. Only similarities are cars and a cop or 2. It has very linear tracks, not free roam cities.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
soulanger1 said:
Dominik93 said:
pasc said:
CockroachMan said:
dominator said:

That's 06/15..

First of , the cars are Sprites. Rockstar would never make something like this because the collisionsystem would be s***.

Now that i think about it is possible, the engine that is.

Okay here are my deductations:

We know that the ds can handle up to 2000 polygons. And the best textures for the job are 64x64

Now lets count the models. If they are able to make a 150 poly for each cars.
Make the maximum cars in the screen only 8. (1200polys)
Now say the scenery + particles are (500polys)
Now seeing that a modelled human is quite hard to implement in this game, We all now see that a billboarded sprite(imagine doom) is way better.
With this we can insert 20 sprites/human per screen. ( 40polys)

If gotten right it would look like asphalt.
asfaltgt2_006-large.jpg

Hmm, but it still doesnt sound right.
unsure.gif
just dont expect too much.
Nah it would look like transformers DS

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=cNmYq1ke3P0

You can actually even fly(planes and helicopters) in Transfomers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a