GTA: Chinatown Wars Vita Port, PS4 7.55 Exploit, Super Seducer 3 Banned & more - Tempcast #31

tempcast-169-logo-png.246523

In this week's episode, we start off by discussing the recent controversy around Super Seducer 3 being denied on Steam, the implications this has for Steam's policy against "adult" content as well as speculation as to why it was removed. Meanwhile, in the hacking community, good news concerning the Grand Theft Auto franchise - Rockstar has implemented a fix to GTA V reducing loading times, originally found by t0st, we also discuss the recent port of GTA: Chinatown Wars to the PS Vita by The Flow (and friends). A brief mention of the PS4 7.55 firmware exploit is also present in this episode, as well as a discussion around Gotham Knights being delayed to 2022.

Theme by VinsCool and AlanJohn​

Also available on:
:arrow: Spotify
:arrow: Apple Podcasts
:arrow: Google Podcasts
:arrow: Breaker
:arrow: RadioPublic
:arrow: PocketCasts
:arrow: Anchor.fm
:arrow: Overcast
:arrow: Direct MP3 Download

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok
wtf is the fuss for GTA:CTW about
that is a 2009 DS/PSP and 2010 iOS game.
Yes. We get it. It's been ported to Vita. But it's more then ten years old and could'v been played on any Android Phone from the last ten years via PPSSPP already. Not to mention native PSP on Vita anyway.
PS: why is Vita still a thing

relauby

Idiot Child
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Because the Vita is a really solid system, if you ignore the lack of games on it. Nicely constructed, terrific battery life, great screen (if you got the OLED one), and the small form factor make it super portable. So if you put emulators on it, it’s a beast that’s pretty hard to beat, and people get excited to be able to fill out their library even more with more native ports. As for Chinatown Wars specifically, I don’t think that big of a fuss was made over it, but it’s worth talking about because a) it’s impressive that a modder could port it, and b) there are differences between the PSP and Android versions, so there may have been people waiting for this version on their Vita.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Overall I think games like Super Seducer only work as a parody.

And wow Nintendo no longer does quality control anymore, uh? Then again the crapware was already a thing on the Wii.

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ok
wtf is the fuss for GTA:CTW about
that is a 2009 DS/PSP and 2010 iOS game.
Yes. We get it. It's been ported to Vita. But it's more then ten years old and could'v been played on any Android Phone from the last ten years via PPSSPP already. Not to mention native PSP on Vita anyway.

Wow bro, you mad, wow.
And the Vita is still a thing because it's unironically the best handheld ever made.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Wow bro, you mad, wow.
And the Vita is still a thing because it's unironically the best handheld ever made.

Eh, those are fighting words sir.

I like my Vita but the DS lite is still my favorite. Definitely awesome for traveling gaming and portability. Hardware wise it may not impressive but so many great games and 8 bit emulation works quite well...

Reactions: tfocosta

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Eh, those are fighting words sir.

I like my Vita but the DS lite is still my favorite. Definitely awesome for traveling gaming and portability. Hardware wise it may not impressive but so many great games and 8 bit emulation works quite well...

It's subjective really. But what the Vita accomplished is simply incredible. The library is incredible, it runs PSP flawlessly, it can access the web, there's tons of cool homebrew apps, emulators and ports, etc.
I had to sell my Vita, but I'm getting my hand on another asap.

I had a DSi XL and I loved that thing too.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
it runs PSP flawlessly

Nope, due to a pre 3 60 firmware update, even legally downloaded Disgaea 2 doesn't work with the DLC on the Vita. Others games do but not that one, you need to either run it in emulation or a real PSP. And no, not even Adrenaline can get pass the stupid issue.

Last edited by raxadian,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet