GTA Chinatown Wars multiplayer disconnects between cartridge and Aceka

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by nusilver, Sep 19, 2009.

1. nusilver
    OP

Newcomer nusilver Member

United States
    Before anyone flames me - I've read countless threads going all the way back to March for people reporting similar occurrences, and I haven't found any problems that are quite like mine.

So here's the deal: recently realizing that there was no way I was going to get multiplayer to work between a DSi with an Acekard2i (AKAIO 1.4.1) and a DsLite with a supercard microsd (slot2), I purchased a copy of GTA: Chinatown Wars, figuring I'd be able to play the game fine between the Acekard2i and a retail cardtridge. When the packages arrived at work yesterday and my copy of GTA was among them, I was stoked. My girlfriend and I were finally going to be able to play!

Wrong. We can play, the game doesn't freeze (Acekard is running a clean rom), and it doesn't disconnect during the countdown...but it will randomly disconnect whenever one of us is firing a weapon - and I can get it to disconnect EVERY time when one of us fires a weapon while driving. I tried running the clean rom with and without the bypass save cheat, just in case, but it didn't make a difference...AKAIO was already running the game without it.

So I've already purchased a second copy of the game for my girlfriend - it runs slightly faster on a cartridge than on either of my microSD cards anyway, so fine - but I can't stand the idea that copy protection BS has defeated me.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks,

mb

2. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Yes Acekard 2i can't connect GTA Chinatown Wars. Only way to make it work is to download YSmenu.

Your lucky you can still play 2 players. On my AK2i I can't connect GTA if I do it will work for 5 seconds then it will d/c. I tried with a Acekard and R4. Tried R4 to R4 worked fine.

3. HaniKazmi

Member HaniKazmi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    The only way I've managed to make the gta multiplayer work is acekard to acekard. Anything else I've tried, its failed.

4. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Use YSmenu to try to make it work. That is one of the worst things I hate about Acekard the Multiplayer support.

5. nusilver
    OP

Newcomer nusilver Member

United States
    I'll try YSMenu, but I don't know anything about it. When I started trolling on the forms looking for info on it, I almost flipped when I saw it could run gba games natively...but then, I'd still have to use my Dslite. [​IMG] I'll look into it until the second copy arrives.

mb

6. nusilver
    OP

Newcomer nusilver Member

United States
    Okay, I tried YSMenu, and no-go. It disconnected as soon as the game started. No sweat off my back, the game should be on its way soon (and if the guy I bought it from would respond to my email, I could theoretically pick it up today since we're in the same city).

Thanks for your suggestions [​IMG]