Gaming GTA Chinatown Wars Got a M

frantier123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Not long after BBFC recognized Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars as 18+, ESRB have given Chinatown Wars indeed a M for Mature.

Rating was stated in the official page:

http://www.rockstargames.com/chinatownwars/

gta_chinatown_wars_boxart.jpg

ESRB has claim Chinatown Wars to be Blood and Gore, Drug Reference, Sexual Content, Strong language and Violence.

As this news came out, I am pretty sure that many GTA fans like me will be wondering how the game turn out to be with a M. A small cartridge and not as good graphics as PSP but a M ...

Hmmm ... well, all I (or we) can do now is to wait till the game came out.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What do graphics have to do with it? Sex is sex, violence is violence, drugs are drugs.

EDIT: Besides, the graphics are certainly no worse than the original GTA which was rated.... you guessed it, 18+/M.

frantier123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Depravo said:
What do graphics have to do with it? Sex is sex, violence is violence, drugs are drugs.

What I am tryin to say is that the graphics is not as good as PSP, but yet it has the same rating as PSP ... and it has nothing to do with the ESRB theme.

Edit: I didn't say that it was bad. I said that the graphic is not as good as PSP.

If you see clearly - PSP's 3D games are just like those on PC, but DS's 3D games ... yes, it is 3D, but there are quite a lot of subpixel as the resolution isn't as good.

A very good example will be taking DS's Sims 2 and compare with PSP's Sims 2. You can see the difference.

frebels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frantier123 said:
Depravo said:

What I am tryin to say is that the graphics is not as good as PSP, but yet it has the same rating as PSP ... and it has nothing to do with the ESRB theme.

Edit: I didn't say that it was bad. I said that the graphic is not as good as PSP.

If you see clearly - PSP's 3D games are just like those on PC, but DS's 3D games ... yes, it is 3D, but there are quite a lot of subpixel as the resolution isn't as good.

A very good example will be taking DS's Sims 2 and compare with PSP's Sims 2. You can see the difference.
He didnt say it was bad either
moogle.gif

frebels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frantier123 said:
Depravo said:

He didnt say you sad it was bad
moogle.gif

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uh
*confused*
im pretty sure ALL GTA games will be rated M because of content
it has nothing to do with graphics
and this isnt about how the graphics on the PSP are better than the DS
that has nothing to do with the rating.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No duh it got rated M
sleep.gif

What GTA has NOT been rated M?

Honestly.

But I'm going to laugh in the faces of little kids that think they can buy it alone without a guardian, then they will make a scene and cry, and blah blah

And I've had a few of them actually, I laughed and they got pissed. Haha.

EDIT: 1144th post.
tongue.gif

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I think frantier is saying that since the graphics are "medium-low" the scenes about drugs and such cannot be visualized clear enough for kids and the likes to see "how it's done", "what's it like", and such, thus M rating is not appropriate

Well, I don't care though, pirates never 'eard 'bout ratings or some such, aye?

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
No duh it got rated M
sleep.gif

What GTA has NOT been rated M?

Honestly.

But I'm going to laugh in the faces of little kids that think they can buy it alone without a guardian, then they will make a scene and cry, and blah blah

And I've had a few of them actually, I laughed and they got pissed. Haha.

EDIT: 1144th post.
tongue.gif
he beat me to it
i wouldve shit a brick if this wasn't rated M

rumblesushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
frantier123 said:
Depravo said:

It's a ridiculous argument. It has nothing to do with graphics, and all to do with content.

A twisted, subversive novel on the DS - with all text and no graphics - could conceivably be rated 18/M too. It's all about the content.

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
frantier123 said:
What I am tryin to say is that the graphics is not as good as PSP, but yet it has the same rating as PSP ... and it has nothing to do with the ESRB theme
919434_60191_front.jpg

197477_42237_front.jpg

That wraps it?

QUOTE(Brian117 @ Jan 21 2009, 01:08 PM) What GTA has NOT been rated M?
The 2 GBC ones, I guess. lol

B

ball2012003

the graphics for this game look horrible
i just hope the gameplay makes up for it
i also hope its voice acted instead of reading what they say

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^

Trust me, the gameplay will for sure make up for the graphics.

I don't think they're that great either, but what can you expect from a Nintendo handheld.

And I also hope there will be voice narration.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
imz said:

Yes, Touch The Dead is proof that as long as there's suggestive content in a game, it will be rated for it, no matter how good or lame the graphics depicting it actually are. In my opinion, the game is clean, except for those lame pixely splatters that are supposed to be blood. The ESRB is a bit strict when in comes to content, and will still rate a game into oblivion, even if the content is ugly as heck.

ANYWAY, back on the topic of Chinatown Wars...

When this game was announced, I honestly thought it was going to be a stupid cash-in that was going to be developed by some mediocre team, without any real association with Rock Star.

But more and more, I'm being convinced
yaynds.gif

Hopefully it's the game everyone wants it to be, and not the game everyone's expecting it to be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool