Hacking GSPS switch buttons in menu

andoru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there anything I can do to swap the cross button wit hthe circle one in this GBA emulator? I'm using the latest (japanese) version of kai and it gets so annoying when I accidentally load the savegame (it's the first option in the emulator's menu). I got used to the old (translated) one, where I had the circle cancel actions and the cross accepting them, like you would on the GBA (with A and B instead ofcourse)

Thanks in advance

andoru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And where would that recovery menu be? Reminding you: I'm using the japanese version of the emulator (the latest, that is)

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, swapping in recovery menu would help for that app...but would also swap for every other app wouldn't it?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
He wasn't being specific
tongue.gif

Besides , how hard is it to switch then switch back?

andoru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Getting used to it would be a much less of a hassle, even though it would end up with me losing a lot of progress with loading those goddamn states. I was thinking rather about modifying the configuration files in the emulator, although that seems rather impossible since those files are unreadable/uneditable. In the previous versions of the emulator, I liked the idea of sharing the same buttons for the emulated games as with the menu, so I wouldn't have ended up confused like that all the time X.X
Would there be any other solutions?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If you're going to use other emulators get used to it. I've found that whether a certain emulatyor uses O or X for okay is seemingly up to chance (take note that many english SNES and PSX games used the button in the O position as accept so it's not just japanese stuff).

Anyways you could use a plugin to remap the controls, then get another plugin that loads plugins selectively to only load the remap one for the emulators you want the controls mapped on... but that'd also map the in-game controls so you'd need to swap those as well.

andoru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Rydian said:
If you're going to use other emulators get used to it. I've found that whether a certain emulatyor uses O or X for okay is seemingly up to chance (take note that many english SNES and PSX games used the button in the O position as accept so it's not just japanese stuff).

Anyways you could use a plugin to remap the controls, then get another plugin that loads plugins selectively to only load the remap one for the emulators you want the controls mapped on... but that'd also map the in-game controls so you'd need to swap those as well.

Thank you for the reply, but how and what should I install exactly?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Just switch the O and X in the recovery menu....far simpler than plugins if that's all you wish to achieve, and it won't cause any conflicts.

andoru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
xist said:
Just switch the O and X in the recovery menu....far simpler than plugins if that's all you wish to achieve, and it won't cause any conflicts.

But what about the other UMD/ISO games, would they be affected by that switch? And how do you exactly get into the recovery menu? I tried starting and pressing the right trigger but nothing shows up.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If you're permanently hacked, shut the PSP fully off (NOT sleep mode) and then hold R while it's starting up.

Or if you're temporary or on PRO firmwares, press Select on the main menu and choose to go into the recovery menu from there, it's in the registry hacks setting...

But yes it would swap it for everything, which is why I suggest a plugin, but I don't know the easiest ones for this.

andoru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Then I'll just switch the buttons globally until somebody can drop some guidelines to the plugin you mention.

EDIT: Seems that the emulator is unaffected. I switched the buttons, but it's still the circle button that confirms.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait a sec...gpSP-J right? Why not just change the gamepad controls in the emulator menu then?

andoru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As I said, I did do that, X is for A, O is for B; but that changes nothing in the menu. It's still X for reject and O for accept.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...