Grrr! Trust Issues!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by jaxxster, Mar 27, 2007.

Mar 27, 2007

Grrr! Trust Issues! by jaxxster at 10:59 PM (1,246 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. jaxxster
    OP

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    Man, I hate it, I have major trust issues with girls and its just causing me and my girlfriend to have massive arguments over stuff we dont really need to. Am i the only guy who cant bite his tounge and just learn to trust.

2. Taras

Member Taras I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'

United States
    You can trust that "girl's night out" means something other than sitting at the coffeehouse discussing current affairs.

You're right to be angry.

3. jaxxster
    OP

United Kingdom
    At this rate i'll never settle down in life, I've been with her for 16 months and i still cant trust her fully! I might just go therapy or some shit.

4. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    You better watch it. It could be another guy, or a girl.

5. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Sometimes bite your tongue is not enough, sometimes you need to [spanish]apretartelos[/spanish] which means "grab your nuts and live with it"
    On a psychologic point of view: Maybe it´s only self esteem related fear. [​IMG]

6. ozzyzak

Member ozzyzak GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

I hope you're joking. Would you drag your girlfriend out every time you wanted to go out with your pals?

7. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    You can't even really trust yourself, much less anyone else.
    What else can you do though, if their's no evidence she's doing anything wrong, you just gotta hope she really isn't.
    If you're just being paranoid, you'll eventually run her off anyway.
    I've been lied to by someone I loved. I checked up and found out. When it's obvious, you'll know.
    Trust is hard to come by for some, but just bite your tongue and keep your eyes open.
    If she is doing something wrong, but thinks you won't find out/aren't looking into it, she'll slip up, eventually.
    Trust me, the night has a thousand eyes.

8. jaxxster
    OP

United Kingdom
    Cheers man, Its just like everytime she talks to a boy i get jealous and wound up. Its probally cos i wind myself up just thinking she likes every boy she talks to when deep down i know she dont. It happens with every girl i ever go out with. Sorry to hear about your pain too [​IMG] I guess im too paranoid and i over react about every small thing!

9. ozzyzak

United States

I know what you mean on this one. It's gonna happen though. You're never going to find a girl that talks to no man but you. Like the above post, you'll usually know if something is up. A distancing between the two of you, or just loss of general affection. I trust the girl I'm with now, it's better than being paranoid all the time, but I do keep my eye out as well.

10. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    Don't be too hard on yourself. I've run off more than a few with my insecurity, then when I found someone I knew I could trust, she ran off with another guy. It's a tricky world. Just remember, the balance is in the center most of the time. Don't be too paranoid, but don't be naive either. Good luck amigo.

11. jaxxster
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks guys. I'll say sorry to her and apologize and just try to chill out more. Im just a bit upset cos recently i dont get to see her as much. Ahh well, Like you guys said its a tough world out there. I jst hope she accepts my apology [​IMG]

12. ozzyzak

United States
    Again, I understand this one. My girl does college full time. 4 days a week, and exams are this week as well. The other 3 days she works from 7 am to 7 pm. I hardly ever see her, and it's driving me nuts!

13. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Like everyone, trust no one.

But dude, she's your girlfriend for a reason right? 16 months? Did you just now start doubting her? Sounds like a phase to me, all relationships go through this...

14. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Yeah, I have trust issues too. I also seem to have an uncanny ability to know when the woman isn't being honest with me or is just not telling me something. It tends to scare them that I can do that.

Probably the main reason I'm alone now.