Hacking Groups or people working on in CFW in 3.61, 3.63, 3.65, 3.67?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys!

I want to know if there is some groups or another people in solitaire thinking or working on CFW above 3.60 or not.

Thank you guys!
Since the 3.67 update dropped recently, there has been "speculation" that there may be an exploit for 3.65. This is just speculation though. I don't doubt that people like xyz or yiffin are looking into it but i would expect nothing concrete for many MANY months. Just keep your system on 3.65 or lower and wait.

Reactions: RY0M43CH1Z3N

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is someone working on it don't expect anything new for some time. The PS3 only just became hack able on all firmware. Sony does not fuck around with security and potential flaws. Hell I'm surprised they haven't updated the PS3 again just to make the latest unhackable.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hell I'm surprised they haven't updated the PS3 again just to make the latest unhackable.
The browser exploit may be for everyone, but the only consoles where it leads to CFW installation are the ones that could, can, and will be downgradable anyway

Besides it's only been 1 week, it takes time to develop an effective fix (unless you want to pull a Nintendo and release an update on an update) and test it - and smart people won't install it anyway, it's not a Vita where a sufficient number of major games are 3.61+

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The browser exploit may be for everyone, but the only consoles where it leads to CFW installation are the ones that could, can, and will be downgradable anyway

Besides it's only been 1 week, it takes time to develop an effective fix (unless you want to pull a Nintendo and release an update on an update) and test it - and smart people won't install it anyway, it's not a Vita where a sufficient number of major games are 3.61+
Fully well aware however I'm also fully aware that the hack works on all PS3 models. The exploit does work and a HEN will arrive. If you want proof it works go run the hack on a non downgradeable models and attempt to dump the NOR. It works... don't try to flash it though you will brick

Reactions: RY0M43CH1Z3N

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's going to be a HEN-style exploit anyway so people expecting to be able to use a full CFW will be disappointed. You'll also have to load through the browser every time so let's hope that success rate improves. It'll still be a boon for people with newer consoles, but people wondering if they should get an exploitable console should consider this.

It's also not clear what form the exploit will take, if it will be a literal homebrew loader like *hax or VHBL from which a backup loader could be loaded, if it patches the system menu like Wii U exploits and pre-Enso Henkaku etc.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There's a big exploit on 3.65 thus Sony released 3.67, and I am working on the 3.65 downgrader now and it will be released tomorrow and I just saw a pig climbed a tree
You're slow, I made a 3.67 exploit before Sony even released the firmware and they're playing catch up. Gonna work on a 3.68 exploit now.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's going to be a HEN-style exploit anyway so people expecting to be able to use a full CFW will be disappointed. You'll also have to load through the browser every time so let's hope that success rate improves. It'll still be a boon for people with newer consoles, but people wondering if they should get an exploitable console should consider this.

It's also not clear what form the exploit will take, if it will be a literal homebrew loader like *hax or VHBL from which a backup loader could be loaded, if it patches the system menu like Wii U exploits and pre-Enso Henkaku etc.
Not that this is the right thread for this discussion but two things come to mind. First and most important is that we have access to restricted memory. This in turn means we can disable AP checks and all that crap on the XMB. This also brings about point number 2. The already existing homebrews would be compatible with this method (wouldn't recommend using anything with flash write access though....) either way the point is for simplicity sake and the fact that it's doable is it would be far better implemented like the PSP HENs did and just patch out security and reboot to the xmb. (Or whatever the PSP equivalent was. I think it was an xmb but IDK)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol