Group boycotts 3DS because it fuels human right abuses.

• Thread starter croagunk.master
  • Start date
  • Views 13,315
  • Replies 171
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

croagunk.master

OP
195186-header.jpg
A Facebook movement is getting a lot of attention for its plans to boycott the Nintendo 3DS. The group posits that the 3DS is made from "conflict mineral" -- material mined in the Congo by oppressed workers led by armed rebel groups.

The scheme has been hatched by a representative of the Enough Project, a group dedicated to fighting human rights abuses and genocide. According to the spokesman, Nintendo is "allowing people to die and suffer grave human rights abuses for the sake of video game console production."

"What I am asking you to do is to refuse to buy a Nintendo 3DS system until Nintendo announces plans to halt use of conflict minerals in production -- and this can only happen through monitoring of trade systems," states the group. "I am not in any way opposed to the 3DS itself -- I actually think it's one of the coolest things I've never seen in person. But I am not going to be one of the millions who looks the other way purely for entertainment, and I hope you will join me."
[/p]
icon11.gif
Source

Thats really evil....

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Boycott any hardware made on china then.

Hipocrisy is the fuel of these groups.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ok, I want too see a source to his "mined in the Congo by oppressed workers led by armed rebel groups." statement. Otherwise I think it's just a troll being a troll

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
>A facebook group is complaining about an unexplained subject of "conflict minerals"
>And this was reported on by destructoid

Call me back when you have some credible sources, like an actual explanation of what bad material nintendo is supposedly using.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Ok, I want too see a source to his "mined in the Congo by oppressed workers led by armed rebel groups." statement. Otherwise I think it's just a troll being a troll
I would want to see that also. Where in the world did he get this information?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
>A facebook group is complaining about an unexplained subject of "conflict minerals"
>And this was reported on by destructoid

Call me back when you have some credible sources, like an actual explanation of what bad material nintendo is supposedly using.

Pfft, you've obviously never heard of Unobtainium.

Yeah, I think I'll pass on trusting some random Facebook group on what minerals are used in making the 3DS and where they come from.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jesus this is so dumb this people just want attention they know the 3DS is really hot right now so they are taking a ride on it

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
The worst part of this is that some people will actually believe that. And it's sad.

Sheaperd121 said:
And yet hundreds of other people will buy the 3ds.

Hundreds?

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ramonra said:
The worst part of this is that some people will actually believe that. And it's sad.

Sheaperd121 said:
And yet hundreds of other people will buy the 3ds.

Hundreds?
Well, maybe not hundreds, but still, a lot of people will buy the 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte