Hardware grinding on eject

hendu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had SMG in for the last week, and last night I hit eject, and my wii made this horrid grinding noise and the disc barely came out. When I went to put in another disc, there was the same grinding noise, but it wouldn't grab the disc to pull it in. Any ideas? I suspect I melted something since I left my wii on 24/7 for the last week.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds to me like a gear in the door mechanism lost a tooth or two. You would have to have Nintendo fix it.

ejp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're lucky it might not be a broken tooth.

This happened to my wii after my son tried to put two discs into the Wii.

Once I got it apart and took the top metal cover off the drive there's a long roller across the front of the drive that had come out of it's seating - I just needed to give it a push down and it clicked back into place - everythings been fine since.

hendu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're lucky it might not be a broken tooth.

Once I got it apart and took the top metal cover off the drive there's a long roller across the front of the drive that had come out of it's seating - I just needed to give it a push down and it clicked back into place - everythings been fine since.

Sounds like what happened. I took the top off at lunch and none of the gears seem to be messed up. I see a piece of metal along the front that comes down to hold the disc is place, but I don't really see anything that looks like it cam off the track. Can you give me a little more of a description on what it looks like?

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
At the same time?
ohmy.gif

hendu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops,
Looks like one of the gears had a tooth that was bent. Got it working with my ugly, manual load mod, but then I somehow fried the on switch while turning it on with a metal screw driver. Anyone know a good that will fix noob f'ups? Wither that or a place that sells premodded wiis?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1