Greetings Human Lifeforms

KermitPrplYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Name's KermitPrplYT but you can call me Kermit. I like to hack my DS Lite. by that I mean I have an R4 card and I would hope that there are other people who can help me because I am new to this R4 stuff. I may need help but otherwise. greetings.

Reactions: CoolMe

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Imagine not saying hello to the robots and undead.

R4 is a generic term these days -- the original R4 was so popular that it became the byword for flash cart.
On the label will be a website, hopefully it is still active, captured within archive.org/wayback machine, on http://linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ , in the download section here or one of the other sites out there. Better yet if it is compatible with the wood firmware then use that.

For the most part you then copy the ROMs you want to run, the homebrew you want to run (though some of that needs folders and other data set up for it), patch any ROMs with whatever hacks you want, maybe grab some cheats and load them up and have a good time with what stands a chance of being the best game library of any console.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Name's KermitPrplYT but you can call me Kermit.
Hello and welcome to GBATemp! :grog: :toot:
I like to hack my DS Lite. by that I mean I have an R4 card and I would hope that there are other people who can help me because I am new to this R4 stuff. I may need help but otherwise. greetings.
We need more details than that, like what name it has on the label, and if there's a date like "2022" etc. It's necessary info in order to know what kernel to use.
also did you buy it new?
Pop it in the DS Lite it should appear there, if it doesn't it might be damaged (if it's old)..
And you need an sd card.
Imagine not saying hello to the robots and undead.
Now what makes say that, Tom? Kermit the frog is neither a robot or undead. 🤔

Last edited by CoolMe,

KermitPrplYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We need more details than that, like what name it has on the label, and if there's a date like "2022" etc. It's necessary info in order to know what kernel to use.
also did you buy it new?
Pop it in the DS Lite it should appear there, if it doesn't it might be damaged (if it's old)..
And you need an sd card.
So it is a 2022 R4 SDHC card. I'm not sure if I got it new, but it works. and I got a 32GB microSD. is that alright?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU