XP
Country
Colombia
homebrew.gif
GreenBeretDS v0.2
Update
gberetmenu.png
gberetgoemon.png

FluBBa has updated his 1st NDS EMU. This update includes a GUI, save states, support for Mr. Goemon, and more. Please see the included readme for set-up information. Please note that you must exit the GUI menu system in order to play a game, otherwise emulation remains paused by default.

Change Log said:
• Added GUI including touch support.
• Added support for "Rush n' Attack" & "Mr. Goemon".
• Added support for (compressed) zip files.
• Added savestates.
• Added option for unscaled screen.
• Added optional powersave for 2nd screen.
• Added gamma correction.
• Fixed scaling.

Thanks to Vague Rant for the news and screen captures!

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source
discuss.png
Discuss

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
one would think that the topic of flubba, being who he is in the gba homebrew scene, would have sparked a conversation in this thread. after all, this is his first fully realized (even if it is a port of sorts from his gba emu) nds emulator. it makes me sad that among the 340,000+ gbatemp members, no one has anything good to contribute to this thread. no discussions of flubba's homebrew, his projects, his emulators. no talk about him moving from gba to nds, and no understanding that such conversations in this popular community might encourage him to keep coding on the slot1 side of things.

sometimes i still wish linkers still cost $150+ and required research, knowledge, and friends, to get stuff up and running.

times sure have changed.

-another world

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Yeah, I understand where you're coming from, AW. I figure most people on GBAtemp have no idea who FluBBa is these days, in the same way that people have been doubting that loopy has the DSi common key. If you're not involved in either making a fancy looking homebrew loader or working on a shitty Smash Bros. game that is never going to get off the ground, nobody's interested. I was very much on the periphery (even more so than now) of the GBA scene; I had an account over on PocketHeaven and found everything that was going on fascinating, but at the same time flash cards were expensive as hell and I was just a middle-class high school kid. Even though I couldn't get involved in it myself, I found the whole scene fascinating, but I think these days I'm very much in the minority. Now you can get some shitty R4 clone for cheap enough that it's not even something you put any research into (obviously, if you're buying some shitty R4 clone); it's this whimsy which has really taken over the scene, by opening it up to complete morons. I think FluBBa is smart enough to know that the demographic of GBAtemp is a total shitpile, so I doubt he'd be bothered much by a lack of interest here. It's a shame that that's the way the major (in terms of population) GBA/NDS scene board has gone, but it's the way it is, and as long as there are pockets of intelligent discussion still available, FluBBa will have somewhere to post.

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the problem is, it's not stated very clearly exactly what kind of emulator this is. Specific arcade games? Also, Rush'N Attack is quite obscure as it is, so I don't think it would spark very much conversation, even if it is flubba.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The ports are good don't get me wrong ...but if he's going to go through most of the arcade classics then why does he not just bother to throw together a whole new MAME/multi game arcade emulator instead of making one for each game it would seem more sense than one per game
smile.gif

kjean

Trophies
Website
homeless
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
The ports are good don't get me wrong ...but if he's going to go through most of the arcade classics then why does he not just bother to throw together a whole new MAME/multi game arcade emulator instead of making one for each game it would seem more sense than one per game
smile.gif
Aw, I think I get you wrong.

Almighty DS is Almighty. Naaaah.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonicandtails said:
Rush'N Attack is quite obscure as it is, so I don't think it would spark very much conversation, even if it is flubba.
Its a fairly famous game actually (aka Green Beret for us in the UK) depends on how old you are I guess.

I like seeing more MAME emulation dedicated to certain games that way you can get the closest emulated experience for whatever platform it is on. Also its a plus if other games work well too.

Nice to see FluBBa finally work on the DS, did some great stuff for the GBA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup