GreenBeretDS v0.2

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, May 14, 2009.

May 14, 2009

GreenBeretDS v0.2 by Another World at 1:18 AM (1,718 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    [​IMG] GreenBeretDS v0.2
    Update
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

FluBBa has updated his 1st NDS EMU. This update includes a GUI, save states, support for Mr. Goemon, and more. Please see the included readme for set-up information. Please note that you must exit the GUI menu system in order to play a game, otherwise emulation remains paused by default.

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Source
    [​IMG] Discuss

2. kjean

Member kjean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    His test really improved. [​IMG]

Thanks for the heads up. [​IMG]

EDIT: Wow, can't believe it's only v0.2

3. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    one would think that the topic of flubba, being who he is in the gba homebrew scene, would have sparked a conversation in this thread. after all, this is his first fully realized (even if it is a port of sorts from his gba emu) nds emulator. it makes me sad that among the 340,000+ gbatemp members, no one has anything good to contribute to this thread. no discussions of flubba's homebrew, his projects, his emulators. no talk about him moving from gba to nds, and no understanding that such conversations in this popular community might encourage him to keep coding on the slot1 side of things.

sometimes i still wish linkers still cost $150+ and required research, knowledge, and friends, to get stuff up and running.

times sure have changed.

-another world

4. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Yeah, I understand where you're coming from, AW. I figure most people on GBAtemp have no idea who FluBBa is these days, in the same way that people have been doubting that loopy has the DSi common key. If you're not involved in either making a fancy looking homebrew loader or working on a shitty Smash Bros. game that is never going to get off the ground, nobody's interested. I was very much on the periphery (even more so than now) of the GBA scene; I had an account over on PocketHeaven and found everything that was going on fascinating, but at the same time flash cards were expensive as hell and I was just a middle-class high school kid. Even though I couldn't get involved in it myself, I found the whole scene fascinating, but I think these days I'm very much in the minority. Now you can get some shitty R4 clone for cheap enough that it's not even something you put any research into (obviously, if you're buying some shitty R4 clone); it's this whimsy which has really taken over the scene, by opening it up to complete morons. I think FluBBa is smart enough to know that the demographic of GBAtemp is a total shitpile, so I doubt he'd be bothered much by a lack of interest here. It's a shame that that's the way the major (in terms of population) GBA/NDS scene board has gone, but it's the way it is, and as long as there are pockets of intelligent discussion still available, FluBBa will have somewhere to post.

5. Sonicandtails

Member Sonicandtails GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I think the problem is, it's not stated very clearly exactly what kind of emulator this is. Specific arcade games? Also, Rush'N Attack is quite obscure as it is, so I don't think it would spark very much conversation, even if it is flubba.

6. Whizz

Member Whizz When things don't go right, go left.

Netherlands
    Neat, I hope Flubba will be porting more of his emulators. Can't say I like Mr. Goemon though, but meh.

7. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    The ports are good don't get me wrong ...but if he's going to go through most of the arcade classics then why does he not just bother to throw together a whole new MAME/multi game arcade emulator instead of making one for each game it would seem more sense than one per game [​IMG]

8. kjean

Member kjean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    Aw, I think I get you wrong.

Almighty DS is Almighty. Naaaah.

9. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Its a fairly famous game actually (aka Green Beret for us in the UK) depends on how old you are I guess.

I like seeing more MAME emulation dedicated to certain games that way you can get the closest emulated experience for whatever platform it is on. Also its a plus if other games work well too.

Nice to see FluBBa finally work on the DS, did some great stuff for the GBA.