Hacking Green R4i wifi 3D www.ndsiLL.net

neoison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I just purchased 2 new green R4i cards online from a china retailer.. On the back it has an oval 3DS hologram sticker. I downloaded the R4-i English V1.21 20mb file and put the files on the MicroSD card.. put all my .nds roms on and everything seems to work ok except half the games wont load. I get a ( load rom errcode=-4 ). So I read online to update to v1.44. So I did that on each card and still half the games dont load.. Any ideas? I have a R4 gold too and it runs all my games on the newest WOOD.. So I tried Wood on this card and I couldnt get it to do anything.

HELP !!!!!!!

Thankyou !! :P

neoison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this link http://gbatemp.net/topic/330956-green-r4i-wifi-3d-wwwndsillnet/ but call me stupid but I cant seem to get this going... haha

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Formatting issue? Maybe reformat the microSD with the Panasonic SD formatter and try again. I was getting errors with an AK2i, only some games would load. Used the formatter and BAM!!

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Wood does not work with your card

if it is not loading games its a kernel required

if its not loading on consoles its a firmware for card required

Wood will load on lots of carts but if its not an approved/supported cart then it wont load any games

your card needs RGF's Kernel

http://gbatemp.net/t...pdatesreleases/

Rename TTMenu.dat to iLL.iL (Use DSTT_DSTTi folder)

Reactions: beko and ferofax

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Get what Raystriker recommended; use RetroGameFan's multi-card update... there's instructions there to tell you which folders to use instead of the official kernels. they usually offer FAR better compatibilities, and are relatively up to date.

neoison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it to work now with the RGF.. but I am loading their hacked messed up software to load the RGF then pick my game.. is there a way to boot directly to RGF ???

neoison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know how to make this a one step load for games.. vs loading the hack program to load another hacked program???????????

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
that depends, really. If RGF works on your card by overwriting the original firmware, it WILL boot into RGF kernel. otherwise, yes, you will have to make do with an Inception kernel. it says so in one of the text files in the package. some cards, it works by overwriting the original kernels, on some other cards, it works by including an NDS file that you launch to get to the working kernels.

Hey, for what it's worth, it's a terrible piece of hardware that had the saving grace of getting unofficial game support from RGF. too bad the dev team couldn't be bothered to keep it up to date on the 3DS side...

neoison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you overwrite the origonal kernals? I am a newb .. haha Booting now to iLL.iL then loading TTmenu.nds like a game. Then selecting my game to play.. Sorry I didntn explain myself earlier correctly because I dont know much about it. Thankyou for any help or advice.. :)

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
IIRC, you can't overwrite the original kernels (unless you do it with an updated one from the site itself), else you risk it not working. I also have that card, and to date I can't remember if I have made it to work with booting straight to RGF's kernels (that's what they are really, kernels, but most people call it firmware. confusing, I know, but the distinction must be made).

so yeah, basically, just keep doing it that way. boot to original kernel, then boot to TTmenu, then load your game. there's currently no easier way I know right now. maybe somebody else has a better advice, someone who knows things better than me.

neoison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do you think of the ACE Plus card? I emailed the company where I got these and they are sending me ACE Plus cards free of charge.. They claim it works great with wood even in 3DS just like a Gold Revolution

neoison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok well worth a try.. these cards seem to work but a little buggy .. sometimes they load up blank an I have to restart them..

beko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Wood does not work with your card

if it is not loading games its a kernel required

if its not loading on consoles its a firmware for card required

Wood will load on lots of carts but if its not an approved/supported cart then it wont load any games

your card needs RGF's Kernel

http://gbatemp.net/t...pdatesreleases/

Rename TTMenu.dat to iLL.iL (Use DSTT_DSTTi folder)
thank you very much you helped alot :grog::nds:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1