Green Day Rock Band Wii NTSC-USA

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by lordzyon, Jun 10, 2010.

Jun 10, 2010
  1. lordzyon
    OP

Newcomer lordzyon Newbie

United States
    So one of my friends who's Wii I modded awhile back recently purchased GDRB for the Wii. They load the game and all they get is a black screen. All there other games are working perfectly.

They're running System Menu 4.0U.

I am assuming GDRB requires a System Menu 4.2U Update but is there another way around that and if I update them to 4.2U and re-mod there system, will GDRB restub there system again?

Any and all information regarding this game in relation to modding is much appreciated.

I understand the risks with updating a modded Wii to 4.2U as well as the risks of re-modding afterwords.

Thanks

2. snico1995

Member snico1995 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    update all the ios with dop ios or dop mii i forget which... and one of those can also safely update sys menu

3. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Just update to 4.2 and use the sticky at the top of the wii hacking forum to re-hack your wii.

EDIT: Or use DOP-Mii as suggested above.

4. lordzyon
    OP

Newcomer lordzyon Newbie

United States
    Awesome thanks guys. I'll post my results here when I'm done.

EDIT: So I assume than GDRB won't stub any of the IOS's once I do either or correct?

5. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    you dont need to go to 4.2 im on 4.1 and just played it for like 2 hours. its an ios that wants updating and you should do that through dop-mii

6. YumYumSauce

Newcomer YumYumSauce Advanced Member

United States
    Lucky you. I can't even get it to show up on the disc channel. [​IMG] It works fine off the harddrive but I'm an old skool pirate and I like the discs [​IMG]

7. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    If I recall correctly it uses IOS56. It probably wants to update so it can generously install stubs in your cIOS slots.

8. federomeo18

Newcomer federomeo18 Newbie

Argentina
    I've the same problem here. I use Darkcorp 1.0 and i only get a black screen. Tried updating IOS56 as suggested up there but it did not solve anything

9. DarkChili

Newcomer DarkChili Advanced Member

United States
    running darkcorp, everything runs great, lol [​IMG]

10. Szalkow

United States
    Hey CORPtards, he said he purchased the game.

If your friend's Wii is modded, why not update IOS56 using Dop-Mii and then install Priiloader and use the skip disc update hack? Works like a charm.

11. Digital1980

Member Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    some people just don't like to change with the times. I'll sell a nice 100 stack of Yudens, the best!

12. federomeo18

Newcomer federomeo18 Newbie

Argentina
    Lordzyon, is it possible even though he purchased the game that he might be playing a backup? If so, do you know if he edited the main.dol file? I just found out yesterday that if try to remove the 001 and 002 errors from the game, it will just give you a black screen as he has and as i had.

Hope this help you out

13. another_waster

Member another_waster GBAtemp Regular

United States
    any help guys ? trying the ntsc on a pal 4.1 wii - tried using dop wii but not really sure what i have to do with it, my 001 002 error fix is off? using config usb loader

14. Szalkow

United States
    If you're backup loading, it requires Hermes v4 or v5 with base IOS37, and Anti-002 fix enabled.

If you have the retail disc on a softmodded Wii, use Priiloader hacks to ignore disc updates and update IOS56 in Dop-Mii if necessary.

Get with the times, people.

15. heyeph

Newcomer heyeph Newbie

United States
    Hey,

I saw that someone has gotten Green Day Rock Band to work off a harddrive. I am using USB Loader GX and all my other games have loaded fine on my harddrive.
    Just for some reason Green Day gives me a black screen when I try playing it through USB loader.
    I have tried playing it through IOS 249 and 222. Should I turn the 002 fix off?(I read that somewhere)
    If you have any ideas please help!
    Btw, I have the same Green Day iso on a disc and it works fine through NeoGamma R7, but would really like to get it working through USB Loader.
    Thanks again!
    Jason

16. Weskke7321

Newcomer Weskke7321 Newbie

Belgium
    I have exactely da same problem as da guy above. Even after updating my wii with hermes v5.
    Can someone please fix this?

17. Uncopyrighted

Newcomer Uncopyrighted Newbie

United States
    Yea, I can't even get the game to install fully. It gets to about 90%, the disc stops spinning, then slowly creeps to 91.18%. Then it tells me it was installed successfully, but I know it wasn't. I've tried everything... but there's no way to make a corrupt file play. [​IMG]