Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
sonybmggr175.png

QUOTE said:
In what seems to be a neverending nightmare it appears that the website of Sony BMG in Greece has been hacked and information dumped.

An anonymous poster has uploaded a user database to pastebin.com, including the usernames, real names and email addresses of users registered on SonyMusic.gr.

The data posted appears to be incomplete as it claims to include passwords, telephone numbers and other data that is either missing or bogus.
icon11.gif
Source

I honestly don't know what to say.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It seems like hackers who live for the thrill of the exploit has realised how lax Sony's security measures are, and Sony's thrift has come back to haunt them in the form of people taking advantage of that.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really doubt Sony cares.
They're one of the biggest multimedia companies on the planet. The monetary losses from downtime can't be more than a dent in their worth.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
They're one of the biggest multimedia companies on the planet. The monetary losses from downtime can't be more than a dent in their worth.
It probably annoys them, but barley hurts them.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
_Chaz_ said:
It certainly hurts their reputation though.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Duskye said:
_Chaz_ said:
It certainly hurts their reputation though.
Very true, but how many devout Sony users are going to remember this in 5 years?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Sony hacked yet again, eh? Anyone else expecting the store to come back online tomorrow only to be hacked within about fifteen minutes and taken straight back down? Seriously, what's with the war on Sony? This isn't still backlash from the whole GeoHot thing, surely?

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shit yeah, PSN Store was suppose to be up tomorrow and I want to get some stuff.
Now I dont know if I should risk using my new credit card :/.

If it does go up, I will just use a prepaid credit card lol.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
Shit yeah, PSN Store was suppose to be up tomorrow and I want to get some stuff.
Now I dont know if I should risk using my new credit card :/.

If it does go up, I will just use a prepaid credit card lol.

Yeah, my dad wants to get the DLC for Tiger Woods Masters 'cause he can't continue with his career properly without it (he'd have to skip several tournaments and forfeight a lot of EXP.) so I told him to get a pre-paid card instead of using his credit card. Just in case.

No concern of mine though, I have the 360 in my room and I always use pre-paid cards anyway. Stops me over-spending and it's a nice challenge, getting the most good stuff with limited points. The point limitation also lead me to the Indie games market, where I've found some nice hidden treasures.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's bad when even I feel bad for Sony. This is totally uncalled for and just getting out of hand. Yes Sony is a soulless corporation, but at the same time they don't deserve this much shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)