Hacking Great news temp maniacs!

Superbronx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently acquired myself a hackable switch! Appears to be a first run or close to it.

After reading here, on reswitched discord and other places, I embarked on my hacking journey.

Switch had been updated to 8.1 but the serial was really low. I followed the NH switch hacking guide but I wanted to use Atlas NX/Kosmos, so after I backed everything up and created my Emunand, I used the sdsetup site to assemble everything I wanted in one easy to use place.

In no time at all I had my switch hacked and purring like a kitten. I used Hekate to activate AutoRCM so I don't have to dance a "jig" anymore. :D

But there's one small part I do not understand. In the Homebrew store I found the app that allows me to install themes. How do I reboot back into atmosphere? It always goes back to Hekate.

Thank you

Reactions: fragged and NoNAND

F4mouZSt4r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Its reboot to Payload, change the payload in /bootloader or just Launch manually AMS throug Hekate (with autoboot also possible)

Superbronx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its reboot to Payload, change the payload in /bootloader or just Launch manually AMS throug Hekate (with autoboot also possible)
When I click on reboot to payload in Hekate, there is only one payload listed. (fusee)

So after I install a theme, will I always have to go to Hekate first? No way to install theme and then boot straight into atmos?
Your title makes it sound like a release is imminent...
Lol sorry about that. Now that you mention it, my title does sound that way.

F4mouZSt4r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When I click on reboot to payload in Hekate, there is only one payload listed. (fusee)

So after I install a theme, will I always have to go to Hekate first? No way to install theme and then boot straight into atmos?

Like i said, change the payload in /bootloader which name is reboot_payload.bin to the fusee_primary.bin or change the autoboot config in Hekate which autoboot AMS directly when the Hekate payload is injected/executed

Superbronx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is this great news for temp maniacs? Great news for you maybe.
Very clickbait title, don't do that next time.
Lol I guess I was just so pumped up that I was able to find a hackable switch and then on top of that, able to get CFW up and running without asking any questions here or anywhere. I will restrain my enthusiasm next time. :rofl:

Like i said, change the payload in /bootloader which name is reboot_payload.bin to the fusee_primary.bin or change the autoboot config in Hekate which autoboot AMS directly when the Hekate payload is injected/executed

Ok I think I understand you. So once I change it to fusee_primary.bin, the next time I install a theme it will boot into AMS when I reboot?

Superbronx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't only rename the file, replace the file with the real fusee_primary.bin file from the ams github page and then rename the fusee_primary.bin to reboot_payload.bin
Ok I understand now. Thank you very much for the clear explanation. Now I think I will be ready to roll.
Can't try it until I get home from work Friday. I will update you at that time.

Superbronx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, it worked. I changed the autoboot setting in Hekate and it works perfectly fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr