Hacking Great news for the Wii !!

elm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally, this is what I have been waiting for, on the Wii !!!

With X-OOM Media Centre for Wii™ enjoy your favourite collections of movies, photos, and music on your TV, via your Wii™. No need to transfer them to CD, DVD or other devices. All you need is your PC, your Wii™ and a network connection.

X-OOM Media Centre for Wii™ enables easy, direct access to all media files on your PC via WLAN or LAN.

Watch, manage and edit your collections of movies, photos, and music on your TV, using your wireless Wii™ control. With the clearly arranged menu and simple navigation, internet browsing becomes an enjoyable experience. There are more than 1,000 internet radio and TV channels to enjoy.

Turn your front room into your personal multimedia station with this all-in-one entertainment centre.

http://www.x-oom.com/english/index.html

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a scam. Software like this has been available publicly for free for at least since the beginning of the Wii itself. Better luck next time.

mthegreatone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i seriously want to buy some Wii points. i've also already known for a while that Winamp can do stuff like this already, but the fact that i haven't bought the browser yet is kind of setting me back.

jackic

Trophies
XP
Country
jpxdude said:
You could already do what this software does with Winamp! I've been using Winamp, and the remote Orb thing since last year, works surprisingly well with audio and video streaming.

Does it stream the videos per se or does it convert those files to.flv format on the fly? I'm really hoping that with the release of trucha signer someone would port XBMC to the Wii making it WiiMC or something haha.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
jackic said:
jpxdude said:
You could already do what this software does with Winamp! I've been using Winamp, and the remote Orb thing since last year, works surprisingly well with audio and video streaming.

Does it stream the videos per se or does it convert those files to.flv format on the fly? I'm really hoping that with the release of trucha signer someone would port XBMC to the Wii making it WiiMC or something haha.

its all through a flash interface, but it's very quick! I assume it is like flv on the fly. Audio is brilliant, video is dependent on bandwidth and encoded quality but generally very good.

Scha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Calling this a scam is just retarded.

Yes you can get stuff for free, but this looks like a really good media center imo, and if it offers all the features it sais, it does more than any free product will give you. Sure you can mix a few free ones and get close to what this one does, but if you pay a little fee, you will get it all ready to go with a nice looking interface.

Good quality is worth paying for imo. (I'm not saying that this is good quality because I havent tried it myself yet. I'm just saying that it is far from a scam (unless it actually is a scam where when you download the product it steals all your passwords or something like that, if so i stand corrected)).

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, I took another look at it and it doesn't seem like complete utter garbage. I suppose for the flashy interface and if someone actually used it, then it might be a decent piece of software. Considering it's limited by the functions of the web browser, I can't really go much further into that, however it seems like the creators did as best as they could. That is, making a mediocre GUI all based in what seems to be flash.

Regardless, I would never pay for something like this. Why? Get a 360 and you'll see why.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
always runs out of memory. choppy. iq not great.

that said, i'm using a slightly older version of opera in hopes that maybe it can be exploited someday. don't use internet much on the wii so no matter keeping up to date.

yomiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If it's using web browser, then it's nothing new..there are already a lot of applications that allow to do similar things.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's the worst software for the wii ever
Who will leave there pc on to watch movies on the wii

Scha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
^ is the worst reply for this thread ever.
I'm pretty sure most people here leave theire computers on 24/7. I do at least. Most my movies is stored on my media center, but my media center plays mp3s directly from my main computer. When I'm in the bedroom, I watch movies from the media center on my laptop, or listen to mp3s from my main computer.

Unless you can hook up a harddrive you HAVE TO have your computer running to watch movies on the wii (unless you stream them from the internet). Untill that is a posibility (wich might be soon with the signing stuff cracked), your post seem ignorant.

lou_weed

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Well, this software really smells from bad programming and memory usage.
I tried it once (appeared on one of the torrent sites) and you need to convert your movies to flv in order to watch them, frame rate is choppy , no support for subtitles ,and anyway, it just sucks...
Here in Israel you can buy a decent DVD that supports progressive scan for about 50$ , so why pay the same for a piece of code written by amateurs ?

teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
mthegreatone said:
but the fact that i haven't bought the browser yet is kind of setting me back.
I was really lucky with it - I got the Wii internet working the day the free browser was ending!
grog.gif

betawind

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had really bad luck with this software. The PC Side interface was very poorly made, it was very buggy and crashed when trying to add media to it a certain way. On the Wii Side, the interface is poorly designed and playback was choppy and audio was out of sync.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple