Gaming Graphics Card supports DX11, yet MGSV won't run/give error.

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,560
  • Replies 14

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dude this is an integrated graphic card... No wonder the game won't run.
I have the same processor on my laptop, I can play it Hearthstone but nothing more.

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, I'm guessing I have to upgrade my graphics card? or would there be a workaround.
Pretty sure you have to upgrade your graphic card (I mean add one) but I'm guessing by your monitor resolution and processor model that you are using a notebook, right?

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
unhopefully you're out of luck, see where it says "DDI Version: 10.1" in your screenshot? That means your videocard just supports directx 10.1 and not 11.

Reactions: ComeTurismO

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can't put a graphic card in a laptop if it didn't come with one in the first place anyway, so no other way except buying a new laptop.

Keep in mind that a laptop that can run MGS V decently can cost quite a lot.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep in mind that a laptop that can run MGS V decently can cost quite a lot.
I haven't tried with The Phantom Pain, but Ground Zeroes ran decently on a two-year-old $300 laptop with HD4000 integrated graphics in it. No matter how you optimized it there was some input lag, but the same seems to be true of the 360 version. Last I looked the min and recommended specs were the same for both, but TPP seems like it loads a lot more at once.

I'd be interested in seeing how well TPP performs on a newer HD5500 ultrabook, but I'm already halfway through the main campaign on the PS3 version, and I don't really have 20-30GB of free space.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I haven't tried with The Phantom Pain, but Ground Zeroes ran decently on a two-year-old $300 laptop with HD4000 integrated graphics in it. No matter how you optimized it there was some input lag, but the same seems to be true of the 360 version. Last I looked the min and recommended specs were the same for both, but TPP seems like it loads a lot more at once.

I'd be interested in seeing how well TPP performs on a newer HD5500 ultrabook, but I'm already halfway through the main campaign on the PS3 version, and I don't really have 20-30GB of free space.
Huh, I guess that's what I get for my fixation of always running everything maxed out.
"If you can't play it on at least High, then you're doing it wrong" ;)

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread gave me a good chuckle
>>MGSV
>>Intel HD Graphics
>>2GB of ram
Technically he has 4GB of RAM, although it looks like the graphics are authorized to use up to nearly 1.7GB of that.

Huh, I guess that's what I get for my fixation of always running everything maxed out.
"If you can't play it on at least High, then you're doing it wrong" ;)
I'll readily admit that it worked best with most of the shiny graphics options off and running in a 600p window. Still looked as good as the last-gen version, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I may take a shower to remove all the sunburns in my body