Graphic glitch on Gamepad after 4.0.2

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Vanth88, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Vanth88
    OP

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    After updating my Wii U to 4.0.2 I noticed when I power off my system I'll see a small graphical glitch in the top left corner of my screen. If I turn it off while I'm at the wii u menu or game it looks like a small box of about 4 or so pixels, if I turn it off while on the Internet browser it's a small thin line about half an inch long.

This never happened before the update. I also don't think it's tied to the gamepad but the Wii U itself. The reason for this is if I use the tv button and turn off the gamepad nothing appears. I tried it several times and nothing happened. As soon as I turn the system on and power down the Wii U the glitch appears.

I was wondering if anyone else had issues. It could be corrupted files or update, I don't know. I'm not sure if formatting would fix it.

2. mindscarp

mindscarp Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2011
    France
    I've already seen a tiny purple triangle in the top-left corner of Wii U GamePad while shutting off the Wii U way before 4.0.2 update. I don't think there's anything wrong, must be leftovers of the video stream or something.

3. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    This is why people need to wait before updating to hear feedback from others for any potential fixes. Glad I didn't update. You could always call Nintendo customer service and ask them ;)

4. Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis Banned

Banned
    Dec 30, 2012
    United States
    Tell Nintendo you want it fixed or you hope they die in a fire. Lol, that is the classy way to resolve thjs :grog:

5. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    How is 4 weird pixels when turning off the system a major issue that warrants not updating?

driverdis and Xexyz like this.