saldite

Dumb As Hell
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Anyone get any weird graphical glitches in games since the last update? Prior to 1.20, things were working fine completely. Now I get weird graphical glitches in games. In patch mode, I get the screen repeating, like the image was copied onto itself. This occurs both on the top and bottom screen randomly with multiple games (Fire Emblem, Mario and Luigi 3, CastleVania: DoS, etc). Here's a mock screenshot I made in GIMP. This is pretty close to what it looks like (since I'm pretty shit at describing it).

S6L2tZA.jpg

In clean mode, games work better, but I get a weird black line flash on both screens during random parts of various games (Just a thin, black line that flashes very quickly). These issues weren't present prior to the update. I'm wondering if maybe it has something to do with the 3DS contact issues, but I don't know. I got mine in September or so from zhuzhuchina and I haven't seen any issues since then. Hell, maybe I screwed up the update somehow (hard to do considering you just put it in the root and run the flash cart before updating the 3DS, but maybe the update was corrupted during download).

3DS - Latest firmware 6.0.something
DSTwo - 1.20
Games are all clean

EDIT: SD card is a Transcend 16 GB class 10

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was always a random occurence for me. Check the contacts on the sdcard and dstwo itself, eject and try again.

saldite

Dumb As Hell
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just did right before you posted. Seems like it might be working? I'm going to have to play a bit longer for sure, though. Seems like I made this thread prematurely. For now, I'll consider it case closed, but if it continues, I'll post again.

Always seems like whenever something screws up with anything, I spend hours of googling to find nothing, only to ask about it and find my own solution in minutes. Weird. Thank you, regardless.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
saw this thread and conferred with an expert on teh gbatemp irc.

<VatoLoco>: say, mr bassacegold, do you know what causes the screen glitch with dstwo on 3ds (not bagplug)? http://gbatemp.net/threads/graphic-gliches-in-scds2-1-20.349828/
<BassAceGold>: of course I do
<BassAceGold>: but it's a secret
<VatoLoco>: hehe=)
<BassAceGold>: it's because the default loaders and stuff don't clear all the vram when booting
<BassAceGold>: whether or not that's the only reason for the problem, clearing it does seem to fix it
<BassAceGold>: a work around would be to just use the DSTwo.nds that BAGOS/BAGPlug uses to load EOS

so replace your current DSTwo.nds with this and give it a go.
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-dstwonds-20-03-2013-f31811.html

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
It is a problem of the 3DS not of the supercard, also happens with original DS games

Yoyoenix91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so did the solution that VatoLoco suggested work, or did it not work? I'm experiencing the glitch as well, every now and again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: both of which work well in potplayer