graphDS v0.7 Released!!!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by morganDS7, Apr 26, 2008.

Apr 26, 2008

graphDS v0.7 Released!!! by morganDS7 at 11:39 PM (1,978 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. morganDS7
    OP

Newcomer morganDS7 Newbie

United States
    Here's graphDS v0.7. I added tracing for Cartesian, parametric, and polar equations. You can use the D-Pad to scroll along the function and the bottom screen will display values for the independent and dependent variables. Or, if you prefer, you can enter a value for the independent variable and the cursor will jump to that point on the function. I also tweaked polar graphing so that it graphs 2x faster than before.

Download: graphDS v0.7

[​IMG]

You can find more info at my site. If you like graphDS and want to help me pay for college, you can make a donation. [​IMG]

2. chaos_co

Newcomer chaos_co Member

Canada
    Is this a finished product or is it still under development?
    If it is still under development then why are you selling it?

Features needed before i would buy it:
    Liner equation solver
    3d graphing
    Able to do limits, sums, differentiation, and integration
    polynomial operations (algebra)
    factor and expand polynomials
    able to solve equations symbolically
    with all mathematical and logic funtions

And 100% stable

After all that, then i would buy it for 15-20 dollars.
    More if it was released officially though nintendo on a cart.

3. Elisa_

Member Elisa_ GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Don't think many people would wanna buy this. First, it's a homebrew. Second there's another TI-85 (i think) out there that works too.

4. Seina

Newcomer Seina Advanced Member

United States
    Does Anonymous have this yet?

5. distorted.freque

Member distorted.freque I'm getting mixed signals here!

Canada
    @Lisa_: The guy's just asking for a donation. You don't actually have to pay anything so the term buy isn't really right.

...Man. Why do I feel like such an ass today? *looks at clock* Oh right. 1 AM.

Wait, why does it go to a paypal account then? That's sort of weird. His post gave me the impression that no money actually had to be paid. Oh well. I really do need to sleep. Sorry, Lisa. [​IMG]

6. Kellicros

Member Kellicros GBAtemp Fan

Agreed, that whole post is like a scam, with that supposedly download link going into paypal login instead, which is pretty lame. Should have especially stated this download is for donors only in first place, just my 2 cents.

7. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    I agree with some of you folks above.

If you're going to sell your Homebrew, atleast sell the final version.
    No one wants to pay for an unstable Homebrew application.
    Especially when next week graphDS v.08 comes out.
    When that comes out...you'd of just waste your money on an old, outdated version.

I understand that you need funds for college, but Homebrew shouldn't be sold.
    It should be free, for anyone with a flashcart to use it.
    Developer's should spread their Homebrew and let anyone use it.

You honestly think that a lot of people are going to pay for a DS application?
    It's not much money, but still, not a lot of people are going to.
    I'm sure someone has already downloaded it and uploaded it to their website.
    They'll distribute it for free. When people see the download on their site for free, they're not going to buy it from your website.

It's a nice application, and it'd be much more popular if you took the price tag off and shared it with everyone for free.

Good luck with future developments for this application, and good luck with college. [​IMG]

8. neonix

Member neonix GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The link is the same mechanism as when you make a purchase at an online store and then the checkout links you to paypal. Once the payment is sent to the developer, it probably sends you an email with a download link or attachment, or another method of download.

Anyway, I was playing around with 0.6 a couple days ago and was impressed. I *WAS* awaiting updates eagerly, but I'm not about to pay a cent for it, especially anything below a version 1.0
    If this was fully completed and/or I was granted future updates free of charge with my purchase, it'd be a different story.

9. FaRReR

Member FaRReR GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I agree, this is terrible to release homebrew that you have to PAY for- people buy flashcarts so they DON'T have to buy programs that are made by -talented- developers who support their own work with their own money and make the programs to please others.

10. Kellicros

I know, but it is nowhere implied by the poster before clicking the link, the whole post makes people think they are getting it free, and only need to donate if they are willing to help. No matter how incredible the software is, it still looks like a petty scam.

11. Hyperlisk_

Member Hyperlisk_ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That's not necessarily true... Obviously this guy is a talented developer, though ti sounds like you think otherwise. Don't forget, the people that make homebrew have lives outside of the homebrew world.

Despite that, I wouldn't buy it, either [​IMG]

12. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Its not necessarily wrong of him to try and sell his work --just stupid. As mentioned earlier in the thread, this entire community has been built on piracy, so all he's doing is turning what could be a useful application for many into something that's not even going to get a second glance due to a required payment.

13. Kellicros

I have no problem with him selling his program either, but he could at least use a "Buy it here!" instead of tricking people into thinking it is free... That download link would tick many people off, in my opinion.

14. ackers

Member ackers GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Wow graphs on a DS. I'm totally digging it. [​IMG]

15. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    Well, its only like 98 US cents or so, less then a dollar. I ended up paying it just to check it out. GraphDS isn't that bad actually. Works pretty well for what it was made to do, act as a graphing calculator. Though its still far from perfect, its not bad.