Hacking GrandSlamTennis USB MotionPlus Instructional Video = Wii Menu

maxdaling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I got Wii Motion Plus, plugged it all in, and launched Grand Slam Tennis from the USB loader. When I try to play the Motion Plus instructional video it takes me back to the wii menu. Also the controls don't feel very.... plus. So I figure it probably needs an update. Anyone know if it's safe? Or if there's a manual update online?

gamer220

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Same thing happened to me when I press to launch the video. I actually don't have the motion plus yet, was going to buy one today, but I haven't heard any word from this board on if it needs an update or not, so im holding off.

Sorry, not sure what the answer is yet. Just letting you know you aren't the only with with this problem.

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
maxdaling said:
So I got Wii Motion Plus, plugged it all in, and launched Grand Slam Tennis from the USB loader. When I try to play the Motion Plus instructional video it takes me back to the wii menu. Also the controls don't feel very.... plus. So I figure it probably needs an update. Anyone know if it's safe? Or if there's a manual update online?

Updating a non-PAL wii with updates from a PAL disc is never safe. It's very likely that you will need a new/updated IOS for the game to use the MotionPlus. I've heard that an updated IOS4 is included on the gamedisc. You could try to download an updated IOS4 for your region with NUS Downloader , but I don't have any experience with that, so I don't know if that'll work. You also don't know which IOS version you gotta download exactly, so I guess it's a bit hard getting the new IOS from NUS Downloader, but you could try something.

Someone else should really help you with this, I don't know nearly enough about manual IOS updating.

You can see HERE that the GrandSlam disk includes all kinds of IOS's and other system files, and you need the right one (for your region Wii) to update your Wii for MotionPlus. And even then, it might not even be necessary, it could just be an USB Loader fault. You could wait for some more reports about this or wait for a USB Loader update if that is the problem.

maxdaling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the advice, seems like the best thing to do for now would be to wait and see. It'd be nice if the game would at least tell you whether or not wiimotion+ is plugged in or not.

roflsauce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm noticing the same thing. Instructional video = home screen. And the controls seem AWFUL. I've played two matches and not gotten a single point. WTF?

delt31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys I am in the same boat. controls are AWEFUL. I have the motion plus plugged in. Do you think that the video actually "enables" motion plus? I thought it just shows you how it works. I never thought that I need to activate it.

I thought it was working right when I plug it in but it would make sense b/c the games controls suck.

maxdaling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm 4.0U updated w/ Waninkoko 4.0 updater. What would boot2 bootmii be able to do to help? I have it installed.

roflsauce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I figured out my problem with the controls. It's not really 1:1. You have to hold the Wiimote to the side, with the A button facing up and the side of the Wiimote facing the screen, and pretend it's the racket head. Once I tried this it was a lot easier.

maxdaling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a USA console, and the game is pal. I guess that would probably frig my wii up if I tried installing that anyway.

delt31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i can confirm if you patch it with ios249 and burn it then play via disc booter, it will play the video. Bad news is the motion response for me barely improved so maybe this thing is just bust after all (atleast for this game). Believe me too - I play tennis a lot and this is def not it.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this is a classic case of IOS Reload syndrome. Patching to IOS249 and burning it will make it work.

As for the WM+ itself I've heard mostly good things about it, especially for Tiger Woods.

lenitao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii Motion Plus need calibration or something like balance board

maybe the video shows how to calibrate?

also, EA stated that they removed some accuracy to make it easier to play for players that don't know tennis, so don't expect it to be 1:1 in this game...

D

Deleted-171178

Does anyone else have the thought that maybe Ninty are making "Non-USB" games that need patching to IOS249?

EndlessDiversity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Actually WM+ is work, its almost 1:1,

if you find it hard or doesn't work maybe you need to improve your tennis skill LOL, don't expect to do NADAL shot in 5 mins of WM+ ROFL.

gosh, why nowdays people think ~ everything can be learn within 1 mins >.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
lenitao said:
Wii Motion Plus need calibration or something like balance board

maybe the video shows how to calibrate?

also, EA stated that they removed some accuracy to make it easier to play for players that don't know tennis, so don't expect it to be 1:1 in this game...

what's the point of it being m+ than LOL awesome work EA!

lenitao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, the conclusion is that the game does not work with USB loader?

also, what does the video show, is it something important?

i'm getting the game soon btw, but maybe i'll wait for Virtua Tennis because you people don't sound too impressed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte