OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't want to give anyone a heart attack in here, but nintendo is in talks with take two in a effort to bring gta to the wii. I was thinking aboutthis when the system revealed the controller, and i was like it would never work out since ur right hand was mostly controlling what u did in the game. When you thinkg about i if you've played the pc version is that this could be exactly the same....with a few improvements of course, and the aiming would deffently be better since that's what part ofthe controller is used for.
happy.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Why you posted this in 'NDS - Games' I have no idea
huh.gif
Moved and deleted duplicate topic.

I doubt wii would support GTA4 when it's released. It probably wouldn't have the power. But perhaps a copy of GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas remade for the wii all in one package might happen.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Wii could easily support a graphically competent GTA. There have been GTAs on nintendo systems before (gbc, gba.)

Wii could support all current GTA games I'm sure, but GTA 4 will be using a completely new engine and is only set for release in October next year, so I doubt the Wii will be able to run it.

Hmm, I thought GTA was by Rockstar...

?

It's developed by Rockstar, published by Take2

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Sure Wii would lack the graphical punch of the PS3 and 360 iterations, but which port WON'T? I mean, if all you're gonna say is "Nah, won't be ported, not enough power" then nothing will be ported. It's not whether it can be ported, it's whether Take two want it to be ported.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The term you are looking for is remade, not ported. We want the ability to use the Wii controller, while a port would just be the same game on a different platform. And we would have to play it with the classic controller. Lame.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
No no no, the term you're looking for is actually Wiimade
wink.gif

But seriously, no, it would still be considered a port. Some game ports on the Gamecube got their controller scheme changed (Madden rings a bell). Plus, ports like Resi Evil 4 and Viewtiful Joe to the PS2, they had different and more content, but they were still considered ports.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It would depend of which game it is, 3 upwards would be an enchanced port.
1 and 2 would be wii-makes since they would be updated into 3D.
I think that GTA would make a good title for the wii but there are some aspects that would be hard to pull off, such as drive-by's and the knackering action of beating someone to death with a baseball bat.
There is also the fact that it could get an AO rating for being too realistic.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
I can just imagine it if it becomes a wiiport/wiimade:
Quickly lash out with the controller to beat up your enemies, remember to time your moves with the wiimote.
That kind of thing would be interesting, but it might be a bit realistic for the sensitive folk. But I guess it's prety close to Wii Sports Boxing anyway,
tongue.gif

I think that GTA for the Wii would get people, especially teens, to realise that Nintendo isn't just about kids, it's for everyone. It's a pretty sad concept to include violent games so that they attract the teens, but it might improve the image they have on the Wii. So far I only know one person thats getting the Wii over here, apart from me, of course, lol.
RDF

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All Reggie said was that he was going to talk to Take-Two Interactive to "See what they could do for us [Nintendo]"-Take-Two has more than Rockstar under its belt, so it could mean any number of things. Everyone is drawing a painfully specific conclusion from a very vague statement, so don't get mad if GTA is never announced for the Wii.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"We're reaching out to every publisher, frankly every day. I'll be spending some time later today with the folks over at Take Two to see what type of support they can give our console. ... The fact is there will be M-rated content on the Wii console...we want every single best-selling game to be available on Wii. Whatever that content is."

Part of the reason people are reading so much into it is because he also mentioned M-rated games immediately afterwards. GTA is Take Two's most popular M-rated series.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
While the Wii probably won't get a version of GTA 4 (because I expect it to eat more graphical power that the Wii would be able to provide) it would be a candidate to get ports of the stories-versions of the GTA 3 series or even the originals with some enhancements (most probably related to control). Heh, wouldn't it be weird if one of the PSP system sellers would suddenly appear on a Nintendo console?

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd expect it to get its own GTA, developed from the ground up to work with the Wiimote, partly because a port wouldn't use the Wiimote as well, and partly because it is in an odd part of the spectrum, graphicalle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah I can still go for totinos