Grand Theft Auto V's PS5 and Series X|S port price announced, Xbox players will have to pay more

Jf-NY1p0v9SNHt6J6XNvUY8b47E6VVxPIocI69GvqAU.png

Rockstar has finally revealed the pricing scheme for the latest re-release of Grand Theft Auto V. Waiting mere days before the game's launch on current generation platforms, The Xbox and PlayStation Stores have now let fans know exactly how much they'll have to pay to play GTA V again. The pricing differs depending on which platform you choose to play on.

PlayStation 5 owners that have PlayStation Plus will be able to grab GTA V--now specifically referred to as "story mode"--for $9.99, with the GTA Online portion being free to claim for three months so long as you're a subscriber. Meanwhile, on Xbox Series X|S, Grand Theft Auto V will cost $19.99, and GTA Online will be an extra $9.99.

These prices will only pertain to the launch window. After June 14th, the GTA V's story mode will raise in price to $39.99 on both platforms, while GTA Online will be priced at $19.99. Grand Theft Auto for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S will launch on March 15th.

:arrow: Source

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm half tempted to grab this on Series X, but it just feels like an inherently PC game. I can imagine mods will make up a lot of the fun once the initial shooty drivey buzz dies down.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm half tempted to grab this on Series X, but it just feels like an inherently PC game. I can imagine mods will make up a lot of the fun once the initial shooty drivey buzz dies down.

Don't. Vote with your wallet with this shit or else "no free upgrades" will become the fucking norm across every new generation of consoles. Other publishers are watching this I'm sure

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't. Vote with your wallet with this shit or else "no free upgrades" will become the fucking norm across every new generation of consoles. Other publishers are watching this I'm sure
It it really true that even if you have a previous last gen copy you won't upgrade?

I personally bought GTA 5 on PS4 and would be more than happy to make a free upgrade to a new PS5 version eventually.

If not then it really doesn't make sense, the psn storefront lists many other games as "entitled for next gen upgrade" or something along those lines, and if they do that sort of thing there should be no exceptions.

Let alone something like GTA 5 has been bought by the majority of console owners by now, I do genuinely wonder how much money they'll make from the 9th gen ports rather then people still using the older 8th gen ports.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Abso-fuckin-lutely unacceptable. "Oh, but they're a business and they need money..." Yeah, that's neat. As if they're not making a killing on fucking shark cards. "Online is free if you're a subscriber, but only for the first three months" This is scummy.

Good job, Rock$tar. You're STILL paying $60 for the full game... :rofl2:

robman62

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean I already bought it once full price then again digitally for like $15 I won’t be paying again for this game.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
to be clear, people who already own the game on previous gen consoles, are screwed?
they arent going to be offered free upgrades like a lot of other games?

Reactions: Aerocool

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just as I suspected, not worth it then. Does this actually add anything substantial to the original other than graphical tweaks and FPS? Otherwise I don't think I will get this for $20 whatsoever. (Seriously? $20 just for that?)
Glad I got GTAV for free on PC during Epic's free game giveaway in 2020, and it's visuals are still stunning till this day. Thanks, but no thanks R*.

Reactions: eyeliner

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
to be clear, people who already own the game on previous gen consoles, are screwed?
they arent going to be offered free upgrades like a lot of other games?
That seems to be the case, otherwise this would have been a simple Series X/S patch / a free PS5 upgrade like what Cyberpunk got instead of a new listing with a price tag.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played GTA V on PS3 and PS4 and it is a fun game, but after re-releasing it so many times it's just tiresomely repetitive.

Capcom did the same with RE4 and what that game needs is its controls tweaked for the modern era. RE5, too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool