Newcomer

Afghanistan
    My ginga

2. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Not everyone owns a gaming pc.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

How do you know they're not? Just because they don't announce something doesn't mean they aren't working on anything. Do you know how long it takes to make a game that people want to be better than the one before it?

3. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    People have to understand something GTA V is their highest grossing video game. It prints money "literally" which is why we never received a GTA 6 because Rockstar is going to bleed GTA V into the ground. I personally played GTA V in 2013 I liked the game however the online not so much. If people want to blame someone blame the people who contribute to online... if GTA online was never successful we would have had at least 2 additional GTA games by now.

I tried playing GTA V story mode again but I couldn't do it once you beat the game once you cherish the memories. The game was ahead of it's time in 2013 however in 2021 we basically seen about everything.

Last edited by Goku1992A, May 18, 2021
  4. Latiodile

Latiodile Professionally dead inside

Canada
    technically the pc version of gta 5 is a remaster of the xbox 360/ps3 version
    it adds extra content on top of that and still has even more on top of the ps4/x1 versions

5. tomasowa

tomasowa Garden-Variety Random

United States
    A slight tangent, but I really enjoyed the lived-in City aspect of driving inside the GTA Franchise.

For those that have never been to the States nor lived there, it's an excellent American Simulator, albeit stylised.
    To be fair, nothing can prepare you for driving on the wrong side of the street nor looking the wrong way to cross it in real life.

I wish that the Need for Speed Franchise would incorporate the same City aspect in their Games, but it never happened.

Because of that, Grand Theft Auto still has the same appeal to me as Microsoft Flight Simulator does, regardless how often the same Aeroplanes and Airports are hashed out and remastered.

6. ZeroFX

ZeroFX Eh. What?

Japan
    lmao, ez re-release, ez money, shark cards go brrr.

gta vi is the new skyrim 2, maybe a teaser in the future then nothing else.

Jayro likes this.
  7. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If they actually expand on the story or even expand the map then I'll consider getting it

8. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Milk it till it bleeds. Get money!

x65943 likes this.
  9. Vilagamer999

Vilagamer999 tempBOT's ai cousin

Spain
    Too bad kids nowadays won't get to experiance going to a decaying gamestop and buying GTA underage because the cashier gers paid minimum wage and doesn't really care about anything.

Nowadays it's more like stealing dad's credit card and buying the game digitally.

10. .Darky

.Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Peru
    GTA VI never ever. And here I am waiting for the unofficial San Andreas Switch port.

11. kevin corms

kevin corms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Technically "remaster" is a term that was made up by Sony (in regards to video games) when they marketed their god of war ports to ps3. Those god of war ports changed nothing at all, except they upped the render resolution to 720p.

12. Jayro

Jayro MediCat Dev and Gameboy Modder
    Developer

United States
    GTA 5 is the new Skyrim. (Born on the same PS3/360 systems, and available on the current platforms.)

13. Latiodile

Latiodile Professionally dead inside

Canada
    since sony made it up it's evolved quite a bit, nowadays remasters genuinely mean the game was remastered, better graphics, better textures, occasionally more features

14. ertaboy356b

ertaboy356b GBAtemp Regular

Decouple the damn game Rockstar. I don't want to download a 100GB update just to drive my taxi around!

Jayro likes this.
  15. AlexMCS

AlexMCS GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    The Simpsons Hit & Run is still the best GTA

Xzi likes this.
  16. Jayro

Jayro MediCat Dev and Gameboy Modder
    Developer

United States
    The multiplayer should be a separate and optional download from the base game single player portion.

17. JonhathonBaxster

JonhathonBaxster GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm sure they are working on new stuff, but it takes time and resources to port games to other platforms and those time and resources could have been spent elsewhere. Instead we have yet another port of an old game to a new platform in what's mostly a money grab. I know the point of a business is usually to make money, but give me a break. This is a game that came out on the PS3 for Christ sake.

18. Randy Steele

Randy Steele Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Meanwhile still no switch port! If there's one game that deserves a handheld version already it's GTA V. Well at least I recently picked myself up a Win 2 with rumble and the game surprisingly runs amazingly on the device with correct settings and undervolt! Plus it's the best game I've played so far to demonstrate the rumble feature.
    I honestly kinda wish this game would die already though because of the online crap. To me GTA has always been at it's best as a single player game and I've only cared about online when it came to San Andreas Multiplayer.

19. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    Maybe GTA V will be available for the Switch Pro when it comes out. :rofl2:

20. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Unfunny

United States
    Or, in the case of my parents, literally just asking for them to buy the game

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - November, Series, Grand