Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition trailer

Rockstar Games have finally unveiled the trailer for the Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition alongside other details and the release date.

Play the genre-defining classics of the original Grand Theft Auto Trilogy: Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas updated for a new generation, now with across-the-board enhancements including brilliant new lighting and environmental upgrades, with high-resolution textures, increased draw distances, Grand Theft Auto V-style controls and targeting, and much more, bringing these beloved worlds to life with all new levels of detail.

GAMEPLAY ENHANCEMENTS:
  • GTA V style controller layout
  • Improved gunplay and targeting controls, with upgraded drive-by controls in SA
  • Updated weapon and radio selection wheels
  • Updated mini-maps with enhanced navigation allowing players to sett waypoints to destinations
  • The ability to immediately restart a failed mission
VISUAL ENHANCEMENTS:
  • Higher resolution textures from characters to weapons, vehicles to roads, and much more for greater detail
  • A completely rebuilt lighting system with enhanced shadows, reflections, and more
  • Improved water and weather effects
  • Enhanced detail in trees and foliage
  • Increased draw distances to provide a new level of depth and definition
PLATFORM SPECIFIC FEATURES:
  • 4K-resolution support with up to 60 FPS performance for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X systems
  • NVIDIA DLSS support for PC
  • Touch screen camera zooming, pans and menu selections as well as Gyro aiming for the Nintendo Switch
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will be available digitally on November 11 through the PlayStation Store, the Microsoft Store on Xbox, Nintendo eShop, and the Rockstar Games Launcher, with a physical release for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4 on December 7.

:arrow: Trailer (YouTube)

Attachments

• c8a84b0a5078d4cc27fe.jpg
    c8a84b0a5078d4cc27fe.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 142
  • RPCS3-Red-Dead-Redemption.jpg
    RPCS3-Red-Dead-Redemption.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 135

Idrolitina

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The trailer exists to show you how much better it looks. That's the purpose of this trailer with the switch between original/remastered. It's literally what this trailer was made for.
I probably would've bought the game even if I think that the humans are too rounded but I won't because they sue the re3 dev.

Right, very wise to base an evaluation on the advertisement. In fact, consumer intuition is a perfect algorithm. In this industry, there is no record ever of false advertisement or vice versa of companies which marketing is not at the level of their good products.

I said clearly that it was not about the general idea. One can have a temporary impression and then change it with time and experience but reading some comments seemed like there are already finished opinions on the product.

Anyway, it was not to polemize or to create hostile discussions.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh my god shut up. The description literally states the game will be remastered but keep the same original artstyle, If you expected something super high quality like GTA 29 levels of quality thats your own god damn fault
I think that the art style looks differently. More cartoonish because the models are more rounded.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh my god shut up. The description literally states the game will be remastered but keep the same original artstyle, If you expected something super high quality like GTA 29 levels of quality thats your own god damn fault
Well aren't you a lovely person.
From a multi billion company, yeah. I hoped for a bit more. Now it looks like some semi-mix between old and new. I can't honestly say this looks like the original art style on the people.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A. Im SURPRISED nintendo is FINALLY getting a GTA game (the top downs dont count)
B. How many radio stations are going to be REMOVED from this definitive? the radio will be all royalty free music :rofl2::rofl2:

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If these titles ever get a remake in the style of GTA 5, they probably would be a collection. I seen some fan concepts, Idk how I feel about them.

As for GTA 4 and 5 on the Switch, if it comes, it will probably be on the Switch 2.

djnate27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just think it costs too much for what it is and kinda botches the aesthetics of original games, simple as that. I can appreciate good remakes and remasters when they show themselves (heck, I always recommend Yakuza Kiwami 1/2 and recent Spyro The Dragon remaster over originals), but this just ain't it :/
I understand. Would be cool if games like this could give users the option at the title screen to play the original or new ones.

Reactions: Pipistrele

chrisjames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These games would almost certainly be a collection if they were ever remade in the style of GTA 5. I've seen various fan ideas and am undecided about them.

If GTA 4 and 5 come to the Switch, it will most likely be on the Switch 2.

chrisjames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm terrified of what a GTA 4 remake will look like in 5-10 years.
I had no expectations, and I am blown away by the approach they took with this remake; they kept everything about the atmosphere and feeling of the original 3D trilogy while also adding elements that make it enjoyable for the current generation; well done R*, you didn't push it too far by simply modding GTA V for the original trilogy and instead created something that has complete sense; this is fantastic:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1