Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition trailer

Rockstar Games have finally unveiled the trailer for the Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition alongside other details and the release date.

Play the genre-defining classics of the original Grand Theft Auto Trilogy: Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas updated for a new generation, now with across-the-board enhancements including brilliant new lighting and environmental upgrades, with high-resolution textures, increased draw distances, Grand Theft Auto V-style controls and targeting, and much more, bringing these beloved worlds to life with all new levels of detail.

GAMEPLAY ENHANCEMENTS:
  • GTA V style controller layout
  • Improved gunplay and targeting controls, with upgraded drive-by controls in SA
  • Updated weapon and radio selection wheels
  • Updated mini-maps with enhanced navigation allowing players to sett waypoints to destinations
  • The ability to immediately restart a failed mission
VISUAL ENHANCEMENTS:
  • Higher resolution textures from characters to weapons, vehicles to roads, and much more for greater detail
  • A completely rebuilt lighting system with enhanced shadows, reflections, and more
  • Improved water and weather effects
  • Enhanced detail in trees and foliage
  • Increased draw distances to provide a new level of depth and definition
PLATFORM SPECIFIC FEATURES:
  • 4K-resolution support with up to 60 FPS performance for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X systems
  • NVIDIA DLSS support for PC
  • Touch screen camera zooming, pans and menu selections as well as Gyro aiming for the Nintendo Switch
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will be available digitally on November 11 through the PlayStation Store, the Microsoft Store on Xbox, Nintendo eShop, and the Rockstar Games Launcher, with a physical release for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4 on December 7.

:arrow: Trailer (YouTube)

Attachments

• c8a84b0a5078d4cc27fe.jpg
    c8a84b0a5078d4cc27fe.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 150
  • RPCS3-Red-Dead-Redemption.jpg
    RPCS3-Red-Dead-Redemption.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 138

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Because some people are never satisfied...no matter what.
If a billionaire were to die (let's say Mark Zuckerburg because he's a jerk) and leave a random person he never met a million dollars...that person would likely complain that he didn't leave him more, while others would just be grateful they got anything.
I just think it costs too much for what it is and kinda botches the aesthetics of original games, simple as that. I can appreciate good remakes and remasters when they show themselves (heck, I always recommend Yakuza Kiwami 1/2 and recent Spyro The Dragon remaster over originals), but this just ain't it :/

Reactions: Payne

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this is much better than what i expected, the visuals are quite decent actually(it could've been much worse believe me), but i'm more interested in the gameplay side of things including controls, camera, aiming, save system etc. The shooting is abysmal by modern standards i hope it's improved. The inclusion of GTAV like save system on the fly could help immensely imo, without having to deal with any unnecessary traversing and the like. The 60 fps gameplay is much appreciated too. Though i would still like to see a gameplay footage of it. And what about cheats? The GTA experience couldn't be complete without it, specially San Andreas..

ZipMartin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It looks much better than I expected. The characters kept the low poly feel but got some texture treatment that made them look cartoonish and actually closer to the concept art.

Payne

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
So confused, I honestly don't get what people like, to me this looks like crap for most part, but each to their own.

couldn't they have gone back and rebuilt it from start like mafia definitive edition? these games deserve that, and rockstar CAN do it

Karones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Doing a big remaster and changing all the textures and stuff was never the point and would look really bad, it wouldn't be as nostalgic or might change the atmosphere, it's supposed to feel like a ps2 game but as we remember, not as it actually looked like.

Nevertheless, the big changes are in the controls, framerate and quality of life changes. These will make the game really enjoyable and on par with this gen gameplay wise.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets hope this was worth rockstar ceast and desisting all gta projects and taking down every purchasable version of gta 3 vice city and san andreas.

Being able to swim in this new version of gta 3 and vice city would be nice.

Reactions: Technicmaster0

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Physical version release in December. That's a little bit unfortunate. Not that I was going to buy it anyway, but I'd appreciate a Switch "early access" copy being available before November 11th.

But yeah, it looks okay. I hope we'll somehow be able to patch the original music into the Switch versions.

Reactions: Sammy_Lee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt