Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition trailer

Rockstar Games have finally unveiled the trailer for the Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition alongside other details and the release date.

Play the genre-defining classics of the original Grand Theft Auto Trilogy: Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas updated for a new generation, now with across-the-board enhancements including brilliant new lighting and environmental upgrades, with high-resolution textures, increased draw distances, Grand Theft Auto V-style controls and targeting, and much more, bringing these beloved worlds to life with all new levels of detail.

GAMEPLAY ENHANCEMENTS:
  • GTA V style controller layout
  • Improved gunplay and targeting controls, with upgraded drive-by controls in SA
  • Updated weapon and radio selection wheels
  • Updated mini-maps with enhanced navigation allowing players to sett waypoints to destinations
  • The ability to immediately restart a failed mission
VISUAL ENHANCEMENTS:
  • Higher resolution textures from characters to weapons, vehicles to roads, and much more for greater detail
  • A completely rebuilt lighting system with enhanced shadows, reflections, and more
  • Improved water and weather effects
  • Enhanced detail in trees and foliage
  • Increased draw distances to provide a new level of depth and definition
PLATFORM SPECIFIC FEATURES:
  • 4K-resolution support with up to 60 FPS performance for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X systems
  • NVIDIA DLSS support for PC
  • Touch screen camera zooming, pans and menu selections as well as Gyro aiming for the Nintendo Switch
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will be available digitally on November 11 through the PlayStation Store, the Microsoft Store on Xbox, Nintendo eShop, and the Rockstar Games Launcher, with a physical release for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4 on December 7.

:arrow: Trailer (YouTube)

Attachments

• c8a84b0a5078d4cc27fe.jpg
    c8a84b0a5078d4cc27fe.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 147
  • RPCS3-Red-Dead-Redemption.jpg
    RPCS3-Red-Dead-Redemption.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 136

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Awesome! Looks like that one leaked screenshot was the real deal, they did do some proper remastering. I'm pretty stoked to finally play these properly, back then all I ever did was free roam.

Also the fact that this trilogy actually looks like this makes the fact that it's coming to the Switch all the more impressive. :D

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
San Andreas being on game pass day one means that I'll definitely be playing at least that one, I'll play it through and depending on what I think I may splash out for Vice City

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's actually a decent remastering! I wasn't expecting much to be honest, especially with how aggressive they went after the re3/reVC people.

I still think it's ridiculous that they'd go through the effort of attacking those devs when Rockstar's remaster is clearly the superior version. I guess some execs were worried that people wouldn't buy the remaster when they could just play the older releases, but that's dumb because they're different products. It's not like someone is going to skip the remaster since they already beat Vice City and know how it ends.

Now they're going to end up losing sales from people who are pissed off about the lawsuit.

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
"Gyro and Touchscreen"

Yesssss! 😊

11. November for digital. Any information about the retail release?
December iirc.

I'm honestly a bit disappointed. I hoped for a bit more.
What ? Did you want it to make you sandwiches and coffee or something ?

Aside added multiplayer they checked all boxes humanly possible

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What ? Did you want it to make you sandwiches and coffee or something ?
We're talking about a company that makes billions each year. They could easily pumped up the models quality etc a lot more. Instead of making it look like they added a shader and changed some textures.

So to answer your pretty dumb analogy, I hoped for sandwiches and coffee.

Lucaserf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hopefully the story remains intact and physics aren't radically changed. Other than that, I'm glad it's not recycled garbage, really hoping for real improvements (like it was said in the post) other than graphical mods

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I think it looks great and way better than I was expecting, quite frankly.

They could have gone and completely remodelled everything and everyone and made the games look unrecognisable or on the other hand they could have gone the lazy route by just upping the resolution and a few textures.

However with this approach they kept the original "campy" PS2 look and added a tonne of new graphical effects. It kind of looks like how you might remember it with rose-tinted glasses but even better.

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I expected nothing, and I am really impressed by the approach they chosen for this remake, they kept everything about atmosphere and the feeling of the original 3D trilogy while adding what make it enjoyable for the current gen, well done R*, you didn't pushed it too hard by just modding GTA V for the original trilogy and actually made something that have complete sens, this is great :)

Reactions: Jayro and shaunj66

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night