Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition pulled from sale on PC, Rockstar Games Launcher suffers outage

gta (1).png

On the launch day of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition, Rockstar has pulled the game from digital storefronts not once, but twice, with the second one delisting the game bizarrely with no official reasoning. The first removal of the GTA Trilogy from a digital storefront was due to PlayStation copies of the game accidentally unlocking before the actual launch time--but it was quickly relisted in time to allow players to download the game and play it. The same cannot be said for the PC platform, however.

Those that purchased the game through the only available platform on PC--the Rockstar Games Launcher--found that GTA: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition was not as definitive as claimed, as it suffered from performance problems. Then, it was quietly removed from sale entirely, with the official website even removing any existence of a PC version from anywhere on the page. Following that incident, the Rockstar Games Launcher went down completely, locking gamers out of other online Rockstar titles, such as Grand Theft Auto Online and Red Dead Online. Those that purchased The Trilogy on PC prior to the delisting are also unable to play the game they just bought.

Rockstar has not made mention as to why GTA The Trilogy was pulled, though they did state that they are aware of issues with the launcher, with the reason being that the service is down for maintenance.

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Nice delayed response. Only took you 24 hours. Also blocked. You don't even know me personally, so you can take your assumptions and suck it.
I remember when I tried helping you before (and others tried helping you as well), because you're very rash with your posts, and we wanted to understand the roots and let you have more positivity out of your posts. I distinctly remember how you opened your heart to me and I listened to you, and you've been dealing with some terrible things in your personal life (which I won't repeat because I respect your privacy and humility), which was affecting your general attitude when posting. I gave some advice, with understanding your situation, to try to take a bit more time to think before posting, to reflect on if the post might be immediately hurting some one or something, or is just randomly aggressive. You seemed to do a lot better, and I was proud of you! Unfortunately, it seems it did not stick, and even resulted in you making such a rash and sudden upset in behaviour that you even blocked me, despite the fact that I've been very happy that you were making some great progress. Unfortunately, secondly, I had to come in and say something because you flipped a complete 180 on taking to some one as soon as there was any slight bit of disagreeing with you, which is not how conversations work. I am very saddened, because you were doing so well, but then I see this and... I'm legitimately disheartened. :sad:

I know you blocked me, and private messaging won't do anything because of it, but I'm hoping maybe some one might PM this to you? Maybe? If you want to ignore it, I can't do anything about that - can't do anything to help you feel better or force you to be a better conversationalist, but I at least want you to know that I sincerely had (and still have) hope that you can be a happier person on the inside, and your situation gets a lot better.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when I tried helping you before (and others tried helping you as well), because you're very rash with your posts, and we wanted to understand the roots and let you have more positivity out of your posts. I distinctly remember how you opened your heart to me and I listened to you, and you've been dealing with some terrible things in your personal life (which I won't repeat because I respect your privacy and humility), which was affecting your general attitude when posting. I gave some advice, with understanding your situation, to try to take a bit more time to think before posting, to reflect on if the post might be immediately hurting some one or something, or is just randomly aggressive. You seemed to do a lot better, and I was proud of you! Unfortunately, it seems it did not stick, and even resulted in you making such a rash and sudden upset in behaviour that you even blocked me, despite the fact that I've been very happy that you were making some great progress. Unfortunately, secondly, I had to come in and say something because you flipped a complete 180 on taking to some one as soon as there was any slight bit of disagreeing with you, which is not how conversations work. I am very saddened, because you were doing so well, but then I see this and... I'm legitimately disheartened. :sad:

I know you blocked me, and private messaging won't do anything because of it, but I'm hoping maybe some one might PM this to you? Maybe? If you want to ignore it, I can't do anything about that - can't do anything to help you feel better or force you to be a better conversationalist, but I at least want you to know that I sincerely had (and still have) hope that you can be a happier person on the inside, and your situation gets a lot better.
I sent a pm just now. There are changes at work, which we're supposed to be "for the better" but have only royally effed things up big time. It's affecting my mental well-being and I hate it. I didn't and won't block you.

Reactions: SG6000 and Jonna

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already bought the steam releases of 3, VC and SA. But now that the originals are taken down with no way to purchase them, I consider them abandonware and feel no remorse for anyone yarhar-ing them.
Now that it comes to mind, does SA-MP still exist?

I miss playing that shit back in the day.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issues with this rerelease are inexcusable, full stop. Nothing made in the last ten years should have any problem running this at the PC equivalent of Ultra settings and a pegged 60fps.

It wouldn't be as bad if they didn't yank the originals off every storefront to shove this edition on us that is as glitched as cyberpunk 2077 at launch.

Couple that, with Rockstar famously firing staff that try to fix design choices, automatically suing ex employees and trying to have modders arrested on multiple occasions, and everything happening with this turd is just karma.

#FuckHouserBrothers #FireHousers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn