Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition pulled from sale on PC, Rockstar Games Launcher suffers outage

gta (1).png

On the launch day of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition, Rockstar has pulled the game from digital storefronts not once, but twice, with the second one delisting the game bizarrely with no official reasoning. The first removal of the GTA Trilogy from a digital storefront was due to PlayStation copies of the game accidentally unlocking before the actual launch time--but it was quickly relisted in time to allow players to download the game and play it. The same cannot be said for the PC platform, however.

Those that purchased the game through the only available platform on PC--the Rockstar Games Launcher--found that GTA: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition was not as definitive as claimed, as it suffered from performance problems. Then, it was quietly removed from sale entirely, with the official website even removing any existence of a PC version from anywhere on the page. Following that incident, the Rockstar Games Launcher went down completely, locking gamers out of other online Rockstar titles, such as Grand Theft Auto Online and Red Dead Online. Those that purchased The Trilogy on PC prior to the delisting are also unable to play the game they just bought.

Rockstar has not made mention as to why GTA The Trilogy was pulled, though they did state that they are aware of issues with the launcher, with the reason being that the service is down for maintenance.

theeternal92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played GTA SA remake on Xbox Gamepass. It's embarrassing how bad it is. The fucking rain of all things gave me a head ache.
This is pretty much what I seen.

It legit makes me dizzy sometimes if I'm driving around and rotating the camera. That rain is just awful. This game just feels like they outsourced it and then GSG just glued it all together hastily.

Reactions: SANIC

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
The licensing stuff was expected, as it's at least +300 songs combined (if not more) it's almost impossible to get them all intact.. But that doesn't stop them from giving us the ones we expect, and a couple of new songs just to mke it fresh.. Though not sure about that "Performance problems" on PC, but is it worse than on the Switch? I don't think so.
I'm just glad they didn't butcher radio Los Santos, sucks losing express yourself but IDGAF was a sub par 2pac song.. I get it was because they had to use songs from 1992 and earlier but still

theeternal92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just glad they didn't butcher radio Los Santos, sucks losing express yourself but IDGAF was a sub par 2pac song.. I get it was because they had to use songs from 1992 and earlier but still
Supposedly the songs are still there but just disabled.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The game being pulled from Rockstar launcher isn't that big of a deal, since I heard there are a lot of bugs and glitches in the game. Did Rockstar pull a Warcraft 3 Reforged?

mrcroket

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The problem with remaster games is that they are held to a certain standards of todays time. As much money Rockstar made from GTA V online they should have remastered these games with current generation graphics I mean they gave us bare minimum yet they are asking for a $59.99 price tag and they are forgetting the originally released the trilogy in 2005.

GTA V graphics and gameplay became the bare minimum of any GTA game since 2013 since this was the same game they was recycling for the last 8 years so this is a stepback...

I personally beat Vice City like 5 times on the PS2 because that game was shorter than III and san andreas ... GTA III was probally the most hardest GTA game to date and GTA San Andreas was incredibly long..

This is a sweet game to play for $30 but for $60 is more of a hard pass.. at the end of the day I had beated all those games 17 years ago... making them "pretty" again with no significant chances is no reason to beat a game twice

GTA V online killed the series as a whole because the series by itself was SINGLE PLAYER NO ONLINE !!!
Exactly, just look at mafia remastered (that also was sold for just $40)

Reactions: Goku1992A

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, just look at mafia remastered (that also was sold for just $40)
I paid $30 for the mafia trilogy and I never played the series before so that would be a new experience for me. GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas all had their time in the PS2 era.. now those games are relics so much better games to chose and play in 2021.

You probably can't even get a 13 year old to be interested in this because the graphics are subpar compared to GTAV V online.. this is mainly for people who want to feel nostalgic

Pokemon can get away with this but Rockstar can't really do the same.

Reactions: Dud

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been playing all day with Switch handheld GTA SA, while dog sitting and... yea not as great as PC/Xbox/PS, Still Very enjoyable. Frame rate/graphics not that bad imo. I've had no crashes or glitches yet. Auto save is also a very nice feature on the new edition as no more running to find the safe home to save before quiting. Overall I'm happy. Sorry I know this post about Pc version but others commenting on Switch version made me want to comment also. I look foward to the PC version and mods for eventually.

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: landysmods and Dud

Chris_Dai_Gyakuten_Saiban

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You know what? I say this is absolutely dumb, they had at least the guts to release this but left those who bought it with nothing and just pull it from storefronts, but the people who paid got nothing good out of it. Hopefully they fix it and make the game better than this hot mess.

newo

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
I have been playing SA on ps2 for like 10 years now and still havent finished it. Probably because its boring or maybe I have too many distractions but you guys have too much money to spend on games. All I need to do is plug the ps2 back into the wall and I can continue where I left off. no need to be spending new money on old games.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
They just went live and updated the rockstar games launcher, now you can't buy them (obvius) but even if you bought them before and installed them you can no longer play them because the games no longer appear on the launcher itself and they need an internet connection

As I said before, Rockstar Games being Rockstar Games

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Take Two - like pretty much every other corporate giant involved in video games these days - have boundless contempt for their consumer base and fear only their shareholders.

The greed is just out of control.

I mean, the games here are likely half-baked because the budget for the project was too low and time constraints too tight. The usual banal reasons. It's just really fucking boring at this point.

theeternal92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what? I say this is absolutely dumb, they had at least the guts to release this but left those who bought it with nothing and just pull it from storefronts, but the people who paid got nothing good out of it. Hopefully they fix it and make the game better than this hot mess.
Take Two - like pretty much every other corporate giant involved in video games these days - have boundless contempt for their consumer base and fear only their shareholders.

The greed is just out of control.

I mean, the games here are likely half-baked because the budget for the project was too low and time constraints too tight. The usual banal reasons. It's just really fucking boring at this point.
I love that the world revolves around money and that these guys only listen to the money men who don't play videogames or care about them.

Reactions: rantex92

landysmods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I wonder how much they lose not selling GTA V virtual money for 24 hours

Anyway, I'm playing on switch, and it is way better than GBATempers tell, but still worse than should be.

Yeah if they could improve the framerate with an update i'd be happy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: