Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition leaked by Korean ratings board

header_586x192.jpg

Sometimes, rumors are incorrect, and other times, they've proven to be true. When it comes to the rumblings of the existence of a Grand Theft Auto trilogy remaster, it appears that it was the latter, in this case. The South Korean Game Rating and Administration Committee has let another game slip prior to its official announcement: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition. The game, which would likely be a collection of Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City, and San Andreas, was given a classification earlier today, with franchise publisher Take Two Interactive having filed for the rating. No platforms or release window was listed, though we can likely expect to see an official announcement follow soon.

:arrow: Source

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Idk, you're talking about a publisher that deliberately removes a repo that doesn't host any of their copyrighted work. Wouldn't surprise me if they were lazy enough to just download the github repo and compile it, would probably be easier to do than search in multiple millions of files.
That's because revenue, and "it's ours", and that old precedent sucks for us, and so on. In their view, the repo does contain work they own (which I think is bullshit). They'd need to go through this source code first, I'd imagine, and that alone isn't faster.

I mean, they might be lazy, but they'll spend some programmer time to make sure they're not exploding some setups somewhere. Costs nothing vs the possibility of some seriously bad PR. And if they have code that they know is fine that they can put that time into to get some new "box"quotes... That sounds much more reasonable to me.

Also, I'm no lawyer, but if they're suing some people over the code, wouldn't that be a problem if they just started selling it concurrently, before that gets resolved or settled, or whatever?

Lucaserf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Nice, I don't know why everyone is already dissing the trilogy when it isn't even out yet. People sure LOVE to be pessemistic about everything now a days.
Seeing the effort they've put into GTA IV and their other steam releases (0 effort), I think people might have a point on being pessimistic

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, I don't know why everyone is already dissing the trilogy when it isn't even out yet. People sure LOVE to be pessemistic about everything now a days.
Nintendo probably put more effort into that Mario anniversary collection than Rock Star will in their GTA collection. I'd love to find out I'm wrong in my prediction though.

Davycrockof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those games don't exist, to them anyway..

Yea, i'm not holding my breath on this one, the Trilogy will be made of "a mix of old graphics/aesthetics & with the current Unreal Engine technology"... BS, i'll believe it when i see it..
wait till someone in the homebrew community ports it over and watch rockstar steal it

apaltado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I just hope we get switch ports as well like the leaks pointed,maybe they weren't announced in the direct due to not stated release date or because it was too much for it

I mean bayonetta 3 was censored for the direct according to kamiya
I was thinking this exact same thing last night. If they even had the game ready to be announced on switch, it cannot be done on the direct. it's too "childsafe-ish". imagine the narrator presenting the game. "remember when you could kill cops and innocent people for fun virtually?, now you can again on the nintendo switch system"

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Odd name. While these three games are definitely the most popular ones, they are far from being the original trilogy. The original 3D trilogy, perhaps?
It's the same name of the box set released back for the original XBox, that contained these 3 games.

Despite its name, GTA III is not part of the same universe of the first 2 and they do not form a trilogy. In fact, it's the only trilogy, unless you count the handheld games.

You have this far 3 distinct canonical universes in the series (official names):

- 2D Universe:
· GTA (including expansions)
· GTA II

- 3D Universe:
· GTA III
· GTA: Vice City
· GTA: San Andreas
· GTA: Advance
· GTA: Liberty City Stories
· GTA: Vice City Stories

- HD Universe:
· GTA IV (including expansions)
· GTA: Chinatown Wars
· GTA V

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd name. While these three games are definitely the most popular ones, they are far from being the original trilogy. The original 3D trilogy, perhaps?
Apart from there isn't a trillogy that came before it.

We had Gta, Gta 2 and london (which was just an addon

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the same name of the box set released back for the original XBox, that contained these 3 games.

Despite its name, GTA III is not part of the same universe of the first 2 and they do not form a trilogy. In fact, it's the only trilogy, unless you count the handheld games.

You have this far 3 distinct canonical universes in the series (official names):

- 2D Universe:
· GTA (including expansions)
· GTA II

- 3D Universe:
· GTA III
· GTA: Vice City
· GTA: San Andreas
· GTA: Advance
· GTA: Liberty City Stories
· GTA: Vice City Stories

- HD Universe:
· GTA IV (including expansions)
· GTA: Chinatown Wars
· GTA V
A case could be made that Claude from GTA III is the same guy as Claude Speed from GTA II. Rockstar said in a Q&A once, speaking of GTA III's Claude, "His last name may or may not be Speed."

I think it makes the most sense since they were also adamant that GTA III Claude was still alive, and GTA II takes place in the future. Plus there's enough of a similarity between the character designs that it seems pretty obvious. Then again, it doesn't sound like Rockstar ever really decided on any of this, so our head canons are as good as the "maybe/maybe not" official canon.

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: WiiU_user

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...