For game version 1.0.6

Updates Changelog:

Update #8 [04.03.2022]
  • Mod updated for game version 1.0.6
    • Be sure to delete old exefs patch
  • Adjusted TAA anti-aliasing
    • Less flicker, more sharpness in motion
  • Changed the name of some graphics options
  • Slightly increased LoD for "Medium", "High", "Ultra" presets of the first option
  • Slightly increased world draw distance for all presets of the first option
  • Slightly increased the shadows rendering distance for all presets of the "World Shadow Quality" option
  • Slightly increased the distance of drawing traffic / pedestrians and changed the density for all presets of the corresponding option
  • Reconfigured all presets of the "Vehicle Light Quality" option
  • Increased the quality of light on the water for all presets of the first option
    • For example, the headlights of a car
  • Filtering of some textures changed from linear to anisotropic
  • Reduced anisotropic texture filtering
  • Disabled Image Brightening
    • Used only in the Switch version of the game
  • Increased brightness of midtones
  • Slightly reduced sun / moon light intensity
  • Slightly reduced SSAO quality
  • Reduced motion blur quality
  • Disabled "Ground Haze" option as it didn't work
  • Added "Classic Radar" option to game settings
  • Enabled 2-cascade mode of distant shadows for presets "Medium" and "High" video option "Shadows"
  • Reduced Depth Bias of shadows from all lights and reduced Transition Scale of spot lights
  • Slightly increased frame time
  • Slightly reduced GPU Head Room
  • Now, to change the video option "Effects, Level of Detail, World Draw Distance" from low quality to medium quality (or backward), you need to restart the game. or there will be numerous problems with materials
  • Added a modification variant with disabled dynamic resolution, with a resolution change step of 1% and its minimum value of 1%
  • Various other small changes
Update #7 [15.12.2021]
  • Mod updated for game version 1.0.5
    • Be sure to delete old exefs patch
  • Added "Ground Haze" option to graphics settings
    • Not sure if this works
Update #6 [28.11.2021]
  • Slightly increased image brightness
  • Reduced the resolution of shadows from light sources, but increased the Resolution Scale
  • Slightly reduced Depth Bias of shadows from lights
  • Reduced flickering when using TAA anti-aliasing
  • Filtering of NormalMap and Specular textures returned to linear
    • It was a mistake to set anisotropic in previos update, it affected performance
  • Some other small changes

Update #5 [26.11.2021]
  • Slightly reduced the density of cars for all presets of the "Simulation Scale" option
  • Increased draw distance of vehicles for all presets of the "Simulation Scale" option
  • Slightly reduced draw distance of large objects for all presets of the "Graphics Quality" option
  • Slightly increased the intensity of moon / sun light

Update #4 [25.11.2021]

• Mod updated for game version 1.0.3
    • Be sure to delete the old "pakchunk0-Switch_1_p.pak" file when upgrading and old exefs patch
  • Reduced image brightness
    • In the Switch version, it was slightly higher than the standard
  • Slightly increased drawing range of small objects
    • Adjusted by the option "Distance Scaling"
  • Slightly increased sun / moon light intensity
  • Increased Shadow Amount
    • Shadows will now be slightly darker
  • SSAO now uses Compute Shader instead of Pixel Shader
    • This slightly degraded the quality of SSAO with TAA anti-aliasing, but increased performance.
  • Increased car density for all presets of the "Simulation Scale" option
  • Filtering of Specular and Normal Map textures changed from linear to anisotropic
  • Anisotropic texture filtering reduced from 4x to 2x
  • Slightly reduced resolution of cascaded shadows
  • Increased drawing range of large objects
    • For all presets the "Graphics Quality" option. For example, low-quality HLOD buildings will now display less closely

Update #3 [22.11.2021]
  • Showing blood from killed pedestrians fixed
  • Increased pedestrians density for all presets option "Simulation Scale"
Update #2 [20.11.2021]
  • Improved quality of FXAA+ anti-aliasing
Update #1 [19.11.2021]

Delete old exefs patch folder before updating mod! Folder name was changed and patch itself updated

• Resolution slider now has step "5"
  • All presets for "Shadow Quality" option have been reconfigured
  • Reduced the resolution of cubic and planar reflections for the "Car Reflections" option
  • Slightly increased the distance of pedestrians and vehicles for the "Simulation Scale" option
  • The presets for the "Vehicle Light Quality" option have been reconfigured
  • Sharpening the image a little more
  • Slightly reduced resolution of cascaded shadows and shadows from light sources
  • Replaced background textures of the main menu / pause and textures of loading screens from the PC version of the game
  • Increased quality of materials
    • For all presets the "Graphics Quality" option except low. Thanks to this, puddles on the road turned on in rainy weather. Unfortunately, this had some impact on performance / resolution
  • Slightly reduced LOD distance for high "Graphics Quality" preset
  • Slightly reduced the distance of large objects for the maximum preset of the "Graphics Quality" option
  • Minimum dynamic resolution increased from 0.5 to 0.55
  • Added a version of the mod without disabling the dynamic change of GPU frequency
    • "WithDynGPUFreq" in title
  • Various other minor changes
  • Added a couple of new screenshots showing puddles

Changes:
  • Disabled dynamic change of GPU frequency [Handheld]
  • Various graphics options enabled [Handheld / Dock Station]
    • See screenshots
  • Reduced minimum dynamic resolution from 0.825 to 0.55 [Handheld / Dock Station]
  • Disabled image brightening [Handheld / Dock Station]
    • Used only in the Switch version of the game
  • Increased brightness of midtones [Handheld / Dock Station]
  • Increased image sharpness [Handheld / Dock Station]
  • Reduced the intensity of TAA anti-aliasing [Handheld / Dock Station]
  • The intensity of light from the sun / moon has been reduced [Handheld / Dock Station]
  • Increased draw distance for traffic and pedestrians [Handheld / Dock Station]
  • Increased depth bias of shadows from light sources [Handheld / Dock Station]
    • To reduce artifacts when shadows are on
  • Improved bloom quality [Handheld / Dock Station]
  • Replaced 1 font identical to the original [Handheld / Dock Station]
    • Only for russian language
  • Replaced background textures of the main menu / pause and loading screens [Handheld / Dock Station]
    • From PC version of the game
  • Added "Classic Radar" option to game settings [Handheld / Dock Station]
  • Various other minor changes [Handheld / Dock Station]

Screenshots:
Graphics Settings 1.jpgGraphics Settings 2.jpg
Before (first): without mod + overclocking to 1785/921/1600
After (second): with mod + overclocking to 1785/921/1600
I apologize that there are so few, maybe later I will add more screenshots
3 before.jpg3 after.jpg

1 before.jpg1 after.jpg
2 before.jpg2 after.jpg

Download:
GTA_III_The_Definitive_Edition_v1.0.6_Switch_Graphics_Mod_04.03.2022
GTA_III_The_Definitive_Edition_v1.0.6_Switch_Graphics_Mod_DynGPUFreqOn_04.03.2022

GTA_III_The_Definitive_Edition_v1.0.6_Switch_Graphics_Mod_DynResOff_04.03.2022
GTA_III_The_Definitive_Edition_v1.0.6_Switch_Graphics_Mod_DynGPUFreqOn_DynResOff_04.03.2022

"DynGPUFreqOn" in the name of .zip archive - its a version WITH DYNAMIC GPU FREQUENCY, just like the original. If you are playing in handheld mode and use overclocking, then I do NOT recommend using this version!
"DynResOff" in the name of .zip archive - its a version WITHOUT DYNAMIC RESOLUTION.

Instructions:
Unpack the "atmosphere" folder from the archive and put it in the root of the your SD Card, turn on overclocking and start the game.

Be sure to read:
It was necessary to disable GPU dynamic frequency. No matter what frequency you set in Sys-clk, the game periodically resets it to 384Mhz or 460Mhz, it is at these frequencies that the game works by default.
Now the game without overclocking works only at a frequency of 307Mhz and here a problem appears, although it exists without a mod. The game will NOT start at a frequency below 384Mhz or without overclocking, game will just crash.
If you are using a variant of the mod without "DynGPUFreqOn" in the archive name, then be sure to set the GPU frequency to at least 384Mhz in order for a successfully game launch.

To change the video option "Effects, Levels of Detail, World Draw Distance" from Low quality to Medium quality, or vice versa, you need to restart the game. or there will be numerous problems with materials.

This mod increases the load on the CPU, I recommend set CPU frequency as high as possible.

The console will barely pull the maximum graphics only with overclocking to the max, with strong drops in resolution and/or FPS.

There is a problem with the dock station in the game. When you change any option, the render resolution is reduced from 1080p to 720p. You need to either restart the game or use the ReverseNX overlay to quickly switch modes, this returns the resolution.

60 FPS can be achieved by setting the resolution lower. The game does not change frame time and it is always ~ 33.33ms (30 frames). Resolution will be always a priority.

Attachments

• GTA_III_The_Definitive_Edition_v1.0.6_Switch_Graphics_Mod_04.03.2022.zip
    3 MB · Views: 221
  • GTA_III_The_Definitive_Edition_v1.0.6_Switch_Graphics_Mod_DynGPUFreqOn_04.03.2022.zip
    3 MB · Views: 160
  • GTA_III_The_Definitive_Edition_v1.0.6_Switch_Graphics_Mod_DynGPUFreqOn_DynResOff_04.03.2022.zip
    3 MB · Views: 137
  • GTA_III_The_Definitive_Edition_v1.0.6_Switch_Graphics_Mod_DynResOff_04.03.2022.zip
    3 MB · Views: 187
Last edited by ecl0674,

pedroka26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
60 frames per second can be achieved by setting the most of settings to lowest, because the game does not readjust the frame time and it is always ~ 33.33ms (for 30 frames). That is, the game's resolution will be a priority.
How hard would it be to fix that? Its not that different from SMTV in that sense.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is it me, or this mod makes everything more demanding? When setting everything to lowest possible + my patch for reducing resolution (that blocks DR it seems + make Resolution in settings unusable) have the same performance as just my patch (so with default graphics settings).

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: lh411

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it me, or this mod makes everything more demanding? When setting everything to lowest possible + my patch for reducing resolution (that blocks DR it seems + make Resolution in settings unusable) have the same performance as just my patch (so with default graphics settings).
is it possible you are comparing it to the performance with the decompressed files?

davy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Turning my settings all the way down + my res i get a solid 45 60 fps and it doesn't even look bad 😁

Attachments

• 20211116_104702.jpg
    20211116_104702.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 281
Reactions: onibaku

lh411

Trophies
XP
Country
China
No, in both cases with original PAKs

this mod use dr resolution?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning