ROM Hack Grand Theft Auto III – The Definitive Edition - Graphics / Options Mod

slinso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
I have recorded a 100% characters missions (including extras) playthrough with the graphics mod. It was the update #2 and 1.0.2, since it was recorded a few days ago. I also activated the SSAO and disabled the AA (since it looks really bad with SSAO, and I don't mind a few jaggies).

Yesterday I completed the Playstation 2 version and, even having far more performance issues, it feels 10x better. At least GSS is improving it, which is something that I didn't expect.
Seems pretty smooth on switch. Did you overclock or stock?

ecl0674

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Update #6 [28.11.2021]
  • Slightly increased image brightness
  • Reduced the resolution of shadows from light sources, but increased the Resolution Scale
  • Slightly reduced Depth Bias of shadows from lights
  • Reduced flickering when using TAA anti-aliasing
  • Filtering of NormalMap and Specular textures returned to linear
    • It was a mistake to set anisotropic in previos update, it affected performance
  • Some other small changes

Update #5 [26.11.2021]
  • Slightly reduced the density of cars for all presets of the "Simulation Scale" option
  • Increased draw distance of vehicles for all presets of the "Simulation Scale" option
  • Slightly reduced draw distance of large objects for all presets of the "Graphics Quality" option
  • Slightly increased the intensity of moon / sun light
Mod has been updated twice. Available in the first post.
I think this is the last update, I will continue to update it only for the next official patches without changes (if I can).

renanbianchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Update #6 [28.11.2021]
  • Slightly increased image brightness
  • Reduced the resolution of shadows from light sources, but increased the Resolution Scale
  • Slightly reduced Depth Bias of shadows from lights
  • Reduced flickering when using TAA anti-aliasing
  • Filtering of NormalMap and Specular textures returned to linear
    • It was a mistake to set anisotropic in previos update, it affected performance
  • Some other small changes

Update #5 [26.11.2021]
  • Slightly reduced the density of cars for all presets of the "Simulation Scale" option
  • Increased draw distance of vehicles for all presets of the "Simulation Scale" option
  • Slightly reduced draw distance of large objects for all presets of the "Graphics Quality" option
  • Slightly increased the intensity of moon / sun light
Mod has been updated twice. Available in the first post.
I think this is the last update, I will continue to update it only for the next official patches without changes (if I can).
Is this Update #6 compatible with 1.0.5?

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
To get more peds you combine this mod with which one ? ( more people, traffic fix or realistic population ) ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Sonic Angel Knight https://media.ifunny.com/results/2013/05/28/ye4ug5wc54.jpg