Hacking Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars not working with R4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacmancrackman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I get the "the save data could not be accessed" when I first tried, so I googled around and downloaded r4 1.19.
Now it looks like dos and it say something like:

Stage 1...
Stage 2...
and so on then it turns white and does nothing else.

Can anyone help me the r4 and no Im not buying some other flash card!

Sorry if this in the wrong section.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"the save data could not be accessed" means you have an ARM7 incompatibility. Either ARM7 patch the ROM or, as Joey Raven says, use the YSMenu firmware which permanently fixes ARM7 errors.

Using the search button would have answered that for you as you are precisely the 1,000,000th person to have this problem.

aznboi104

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its possible u installed ysmenu wrong because ive tried to setup ysmenu myself but it never worked. I had to search for a completed ysmenu.

Dragonmasta666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you either installed YSmenu wrong, its not hard to mess up even using the auto installer so I am sure thats why YSmenu isnt working properly. OR your doing something else wrong.

BTW no one else noticed but where are you getting this 1.19 firmware ... R4 team is shut down and their last update is 1.18... dont brick your R4 thinking you can get new firmwares because you cant.

Pacmancrackman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I cleand the flash card and reinstalled ysmenu and gta, but it turnd white in the end this time too

Could you possible give me a link for the "completed ysmenu", I new to R4 and NDS as well(it is my sisters NDS)

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The 1.19 firmware was a bogus version of the R4 firmware created for the first wave of fake/clone R4 cards. Using it on a real R4 would NOT be advised.

Links to pre-built versions of YSMenu are not permitted. Yasu, the creator of YSMenu, is very strict about this and had threatened to cease development of the firmware should it be distributed without his permission.

Just use R4YSauto to build your own copy of the YSMenu firmware. If you can read English and follow instructions it's easy.

Pacmancrackman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Depravo said:
The 1.19 firmware was a bogus version of the R4 firmware created for the first wave of fake/clone R4 cards. Using it on a real R4 would NOT be advised.

Links to pre-built versions of YSMenu are not permitted. Yasu, the creator of YSMenu, is very strict about this and had threatened to cease development of the firmware should it be distributed without his permission.

Just use R4YSauto to build your own copy of the YSMenu firmware. If you can read English and follow instructions it's easy.

Ok well could you help me install it? I can't make any sense from the readme.

aznboi104

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pac go check your message and bumjeans, yea the arm7 patch pretty much is all you need to play gta for most flashcards but there are minor bugs (such as not being able to go wireless for certain games). The ar fix are to fix the bugs.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pacmancrackman said:
Ok I followed this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=976...YSMenu&st=0
And now it says:

Error
r4patch.dat
can't open loader

OK(A)

I had the same problem with YSMenu for my R4, the trick is to have the DLDI file and YSMenu in the same folder as TTMENU.dat, TTMENU folder and YSmenu.nds, you have to DLDI patch YSmenu with the r4tf.dldi and then run ttextract which gives you R4patch.dat, put that in either the root of your card or in TTMenu and copy everything to your MicroSD then try, if r4patch.dat being in the root of your card does the same thing, copy it to TTMenu and try again, it should work. After that, you can play all you want
yaynds.gif

n0ob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love you, this works. This is how you do it:

1) Download this: http://filetrip.net/f5823-DSTT-kernel-%28f...29-1-17a01.html
2) Take the TTMenu and TTMENU.DAT file and put it in a zip named dstt.zip
3) Take dstt.zip and put it in the R4ysauto/a4h folder
4) Generate YSMenu
5) Put the YSMenu compilation on your Flash Cart
6) Start YSMenu depending on boot method
7) Navigate to GTA: CW and launch it
8) ???
9)
yaynds.gif

Coronis

Trophies
XP
Country
Simply search "Grand Theft Auto China Town Wars for R4 Card" on google. Make sure that your R4 card is running the latest firmware. If it isn't, then access www.r4ids.com and download the latest firmware.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
n0ob said:
I love you, this works. This is how you do it:

1) Download this: http://filetrip.net/f5823-DSTT-kernel-%28f...29-1-17a01.html
2) Take the TTMenu and TTMENU.DAT file and put it in a zip named dstt.zip
3) Take dstt.zip and put it in the R4ysauto/a4h folder
4) Generate YSMenu
5) Put the YSMenu compilation on your Flash Cart
6) Start YSMenu depending on boot method
7) Navigate to GTA: CW and launch it
8) ???
9)
yaynds.gif

Why do you open half year old topics?

NehzWoodR4Lover

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm telling you, THIS 100% WORKS!NOT EVEN 100%,I THINK INFINITY!
Go get your micro sd card, Change all your .sav files to .nds.sav so you cannot lose it.Change your kernel to Wood R4 v1.54 not the new ones.Because its not working.u'll be stuck in "loading.."
then open ur ds,go to settings of the game.not the "start" then setings. Set the rest in game:global(on) to "off".Thats it.

I know im too late.But spread it to others.

It works even on Pokemon black 2 or white 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/2UeWMgjwogU?si=PfULn0Jf4XpnU6M_ Now I know how to install m.2