Grand Theft Auto: China Wars

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by aznchris, Aug 10, 2009.

Aug 10, 2009
  1. aznchris
    OP

Newcomer aznchris Newbie

United States
    OK. I was recently using R4DS firmware 1.18 (English). I wanted to play GTA: China Wars, but it didn't work. I saw a thread on this forum on which firmware people are currently using most. I saw YSMenu was ranked highest. I also heard that YSMenu could play more games then the R4DS firmware 1.18 could play. So i decided to switch firmwares to YSMenu, when I did, I tried to play GTA: China Wars, but it doesn't work. When I make a new profile on the game and then play it, the screen just turn black and nothing happened. I tried to use other people's SAV files, but it still didn't work. The same thing happened. Could someone give me a solution please. [​IMG]

Off-Topic: I got bad grammar, huh. [​IMG] I try my best to type properly when typing to others except in game and on AIM

2. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    GTA:Chinatown Wars introduced a new anti-piracy code that meant a clean ROM could not be run on flashcarts. The problem has been overcome on most flashcarts (I think, my ROM off -snip- worked) but since the R4 is an older cart and the firmware is not updated these days (and I have no idea when YSmenu was last updated) you may need to find a patched ROM of GTA.
    I do not know what kind of patch you would need however

3. aznchris
    OP

Newcomer aznchris Newbie

United States
    um thx [​IMG] like you mentioned ill try to find a patch one and i got mines off romulation too but doesnt work =/

4. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Just use the Anti Piracy Cheat code. Download the latest cheat code database. You could download it from cheats.gbatemp.net. After you download Usrcheats put it in your TTDS folder.

5. aznchris
    OP

Newcomer aznchris Newbie

United States
    Awesome thx! for some reason the game was still reading from _SYSTEM_ when i put the usrcheats into the TTMenu thing so i put in the systems folder and used tat fix cheat and it worked and i also got more cheats for games now xD thx thx thx times a million >:O